• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

I went to my first Baysox game of the year last night, primarily to check out prospect Cedric Mullins. I suppose it was sort of an off night for him, going 1 for 4 with a single and a stolen base. That dropped his average down to .462. Mullins has hit safely in all 9 of his AA games. Not too many opportunities to see him in the field, but you could see the speed on a bang bang play when he grounded out on a 3 to 1 put out.

Conversely, D.J. Stewart continues to struggle in the early season with an 0 for at the plate that dropped his average to .133. For comparisons sake he is 1 year older than Mullins.

Lastly, David Hess had a nice outing, allowing only 1 earned run and 2 hits (granted, one was a long homer) in 6 innings of work. His defense let him down in his last inning with 2 errors.

I love minor league baseball. You get to watch the baby Birds, no such thing as a bad seat in a small park, and the chicken tenders were pretty good. Go Baysox, go O's.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#2 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,267 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

I want to go to an Ironbirds game once and eat crabs. Been to several games (saw Manny make his debut in what, 2013?), but never sat in the crab tent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#3 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

I love minor league baseball. You get to watch the baby Birds, no such thing as a bad seat in a small park, and the chicken tenders were pretty good. Go Baysox, go O's.

Judging by your handle, Baysox games are likely an easy commute for you. I agree with your sentiments on minor league ball. I head to Salisbury a couple times a year to see Shorebirds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users