48 replies to this topic

#21 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

That was pathetic, Brach should have been in the game in that situation. Why would Buck warm him up and not bring him into the game. Very questionable bullpen management to say the least.

And Tyler Wilson is not a major league pitcher, period. Just horrendous baseball today aside from Asher. Well deserved loss.

#22 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Why wasn't Brach in? Or somebody other than Wilson. This is probably the spark the Blue Jays needed

#23 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Bright spot Asher lets see what he does start #2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#24 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

That was pathetic, Brach should have been in the game in that situation. Why would Buck warm him up and not bring him into the game. Very questionable bullpen management to say the least.

And Tyler Wilson is not a major league pitcher, period. Just horrendous baseball today aside from Asher. Well deserved loss.

Buck is terrible in these situations when it's not an automatic decision like O'day/ Brach/ Britton 7th, 8th, 9th. Awful

#25 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

Bright spot Asher lets see what he does start #2

Three things to consider today:

1. It was a great pitching duel.

2. One of those pitchers was a great acquisition picked up from the dumpster late in the preseason.

3. You cannot win them all.

#26 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

Three things to consider today:
1. It was a great pitching duel.
2. One of those pitchers was a great acquisition picked up from the dumpster late in the preseason.
3. You cannot win them all.

We could win them all if we had better pitching😉
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#27 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,267 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

Opportunity is there to take 3 of 4 from the Jays in the Dome. If that doesn't satisfy you to some degree, God bless ya. The Jays are not a bad club, current record excluding.

As of this morning, Baltimore had the best record in MLB. How can anyone be that upset about a loss? Losses happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#28 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

[quote name="mlatoman" post="7431705" timestamp="1492287848"]
Opportunity is there to take 3 of 4 from the Jays in the Dome. If that doesn't satisfy you to some degree, God bless ya. The Jays are not a bad club, current record excluding

As of this morning, Baltimore had the best record in MLB. How can anyone be that upset about a loss? Losses happen.[/quote. Exactly. ]

Edited by Struds, 15 April 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#29 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

Opportunity is there to take 3 of 4 from the Jays in the Dome. If that doesn't satisfy you to some degree, God bless ya. The Jays are not a bad club, current record excluding.

As of this morning, Baltimore had the best record in MLB. How can anyone be that upset about a loss? Losses happen.

Yeah I'm not upset on this one.  We went up against a pitcher we never can hit. I'm taking away big positives with Asher and the manufactured run in the ninth when we had to have it.   Of course like everyone else has said, Wilson is probably not the answer in the Vance Worley role.  He really doesn't look like he has the big league stuff to keep an ERA under 5.  And yeah why in Gods name is he in there with the score tied. Had to be Brach.

#30 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Buck has about 3 or 4 head scratchers a year. This was one of them.

#31 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,887 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Why let Flaherty hit there with Mancini on the bench. Pointless. Maybe Hardy is hurt or something

I think you don't pinch hit with the bases empty in a tie game. That's the only rationale I can come up with.

#32 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

I think you don't pinch hit with the bases empty in a tie game. That's the only rationale I can come up with.

Makes sense. My thinking here though is that Duquette and Buck built this team to win or die by the long ball. In a tie game in the 9th you have a guy on the bench that could, although unlikely, potentially jack one and take the lead. But instead you essentially concede the out allowing Flaherty to flail away which was basically an automatic out

#33 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

Losses always suck, but I will gladly take a defeat if it means the O's have possibly found themselves a back end starter in the process. Time will ultimately tell on that one.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#34 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

If JJ needs more rest this year as he really should,  I really question whether Flash is up to it.  He isn't a real good SS, and we all know about his bat.

#35 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Losses always suck, but I will gladly take a defeat if it means the O's have possibly found themselves a back end starter in the process. Time will ultimately tell on that one.

The contrast between UJ and Asher's last starts is just shocking.  It just isn't even close.  If Asher shows anything in his next two or three starts, UJ has to hit the road when Tillman comes back.  Just DFA him and be done with it.  I was listening to MASN pre-game and they quoted Buck as saying that Asher was going to be a good one.  Time will tell.

#36 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,630 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

Showalter said afterward that of Britton, Brach and O'Day, he would have used Brach only to close had the situation warranted. I can understand the thinking to some degree, although I wish it would have been thought out with someone other than Tyler Wilson. There was really no great alternative in that situation. Bring in Brach and and then the only option is Nuno against a predominantly right-handed hitting club in a tie game.

#37 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,482 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

Any guy that throws an effective change up over 30% of the time is going to shut down the Orioles offense

Or, if they're left-handed, or making a spot start from Triple A. The keys to dominating the Orioles!!!

#38 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:06 PM

Why was LHP Hart allowed to pitch to RHB? He promptly drove in the games first run.

Another head scratcher.

#39 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,482 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

Just another sad sad example of the big Dan era. All or nothing with this sad-sack offense.

Edited by pitbull, 16 April 2017 - 07:06 AM.

#40 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,630 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

Why was LHP Hart allowed to pitch to RHB? He promptly drove in the games first run.

Another head scratcher.

The only rightie likely available was Givens. Either way, now the Orioles have Bundy going tomorrow with a fully rested bullpen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users