#41 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

The only rightie likely available was Givens. Either way, now the Orioles have Bundy going tomorrow with a fully rested bullpen.

Bundy vs a struggling Happ.

#42 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Asher > Ustinko

#43 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

Showalter said afterward that of Britton, Brach and O'Day, he would have used Brach only to close had the situation warranted. I can understand the thinking to some degree, although I wish it would have been thought out with someone other than Tyler Wilson. There was really no great alternative in that situation. Bring in Brach and and then the only option is Nuno against a predominantly right-handed hitting club in a tie game.

I hope that there was no other choice right there because Wilson is not the guy you want in there in the bottom of the 9th and a tie game.

#44 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

Or, if they're left-handed, or making a spot start from Triple A. The keys to dominating the Orioles!!!

Anything off speed will usually do the trick.  And you don't even have to be in the strikezone since Oriole hitters have no concept of what a strike is.  Always amazes me that pitchers still challenge them over the plate with fastballs, especially Adam Jones. 

Edited by jamesdean, 16 April 2017 - 07:16 AM.

#45 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,974 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Ubaldo should be gone now, regardless of how well anybody else is pitching or when Tillman comes back.   ;)  Who knows, maybe if he had managed to somehow pitch deep in to a game a few days ago where he was spotted a 9-0 lead, the makeup / availability of the bullpen would have been different yesterday.  Granted, you score one run, there's not much room for error... but his consistent struggle each game can have an impact beyond just that day.

Edited by Ravens2006, 16 April 2017 - 07:46 AM.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#46 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

Ubaldo should be gone now, regardless of how well anybody else is pitching or when Tillman comes back.   ;)  Who knows, maybe if he had managed to somehow pitch deep in to a game a few days ago where he was spotted a 9-0 lead, the makeup / availability of the bullpen would have been different yesterday.  Granted, you score one run, there's not much room for error... but his consistent struggle each game can have an impact beyond just that day.

This is a really good point.  UJ just murders the bullpen with his numerous short outings.  And jamming him into the long relief role in place of Wilson isn't so great either. He is terrible out of the pen.  He basically can only pitch in garbage time blow outs.  Losing that game yesterday makes you realize how valuable Worley was as a long swing man.  He really was good in that role.  He could give you 3 good innings early in the game or even late when a game went extra innings.

#47 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:52 AM

Just another sad sad example of the big Dan era. All or nothing with this sad-sack offense.

Yeah I totally loved the pre-Dan era with 15 straight losing seasons. The way I recall is that the Orioles have had the best record in the AL East since he has been GM. They never had a losing season. Yeah, I cannot wait 'til we get someone to put us back drafting in the top ten. ;)

#48 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

Smacking shills, homers, & trolls since 2009

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,613 posts
  • LocationDeep in the thoughts of mindless lemmings

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

Yeah I totally loved the pre-Dan era with 15 straight losing seasons. The way I recall is that the Orioles have had the best record in the AL East since he has been GM. They never had a losing season. Yeah, I cannot wait 'til we get someone to put us back drafting in the top ten. ;)

LOL.

(Some people are just never happy.)

;)

#49 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,267 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

8-3 without Tillman. Now, tell me. Who thought that was a possibility? I'll be honest- I didn't. But I'll take it! :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users