2. Adam Jones ® CF

3. Manny Machado ® 3B

4. Mark Trumbo ® RF

5. Chris Davis (L) DH

6. Welington Castillo ® C

7. Trey Mancini ® 1B

8. Jonathan Schoop ® 2B

9. J.J. Hardy ® SS

Glad we didn't trade Brach in the off-season .

Looks like Gentry did enough the last 2 games to stay afloat with a roster spot .If he stays serviceable and Mancini keeps raking, Joey will be riding the Norfolk bus.

Baseball has a weird sound in a dome. Ever notice?

That's the sound of Toronto's season going down the drain.

That's the sound of Toronto's season going down the drain.

lol, eh?

Thank God we had zero interest in Joey Bats! He has been swinging at some horrible pitches. Too bad! :P

Looks like Gentry did enough the last 2 games to stay afloat with a roster spot .If he stays serviceable and Mancini keeps raking, Joey will be riding the Norfolk bus.

There was talk on the radio this morning about the possibility of trying to move Kim, who has had only 17 at-bats thus far. I'm a little hesitant about trading a good on-base guy, but Kim is only signed through this year, so everything involving him at this point has to be considered in the short term. He might have better value (emphasis on might) in terms of what he could bring should the Orioles seek to make a deal.

They obviously can't keep everyone but I'd hate to see Gentry lose a spot because he's one of the few players they have that can steal bases and is sound defensively.  A lack of team speed has been a problem for years.  The way Mancini's hitting, he isn't going anywhere so you might be right- Rickard could be the odd man out, especially with Kim being a proven OBP commodity. 

They obviously can't keep everyone but I'd hate to see Gentry lose a spot because he's one of the few players they have that can steal bases and is sound defensively.  A lack of team speed has been a problem for years.  The way Mancini's hitting, he isn't going anywhere so you might be right- Rickard could be the odd man out, especially with Kim being a proven OBP commodity. 

Kim also moves runners around when needed.  If Gentry can maintain what he just started doing (don't forget, he was 0 for the season), I think you're right; Rickard and his options seems the likely choice.

Posted (edited)

There was talk on the radio this morning about the possibility of trying to move Kim, who has had only 17 at-bats thus far. I'm a little hesitant about trading a good on-base guy, but Kim is only signed through this year, so everything involving him at this point has to be considered in the short term. He might have better value (emphasis on might) in terms of what he could bring should the Orioles seek to make a deal.

I agree trading Kim would be a tough call.  I wouldn't expect to see anything happen till they see what Bourn has left in tank and it depends on how much Buck wants to throw Mancini in the mix.  Just knowing Buck, he would love to have a lefty Bourn/righty Gentry combo off the bench -  speed and defense.  And Joey will be there if Gentry falters or gets hurt.  Hard to believe we actually have multiple viable corner OF options this year.  I like it. Its no secret Buck loved what Bourn showed last year.  Just saying.

Edited by CROUSEMAN

They're going to get a lot more. Jimenez pitches tues

There's a part of me that wishes that if he begins to bomb early, that they just leave him in there and punt that game. I'd rather that happen then taxing the entirety of the bullpen.

UJ is going against 40 year young Bronson Arroyo, who's clocking in with a 9.00-something ERA this year. Until this year, he last pitched in 2014, and then underwent Tommy John.

So the first game is shaping up to be a slugfest. It'll probably end up a 2-1 pitchers duel.

Don't know about trading Kim right now. Let's see if Mancini can keep this up for a couple of months. I hope he can; I also remember Jim Traber.

Don't know about trading Kim right now. Let's see if Mancini can keep this up for a couple of months. I hope he can; I also remember Jim Traber.

Yeah know way they make any deal now with Kim.  He is still an asset.  Like you said , Mancini needs a couple trips around the league yet.

They're going to get a lot more. Jimenez pitches tues

There's a part of me that wishes that if he begins to bomb early, that they just leave him in there and punt that game. I'd rather that happen then taxing the entirety of the bullpen.

UJ is going against 40 year young Bronson Arroyo, who's clocking in with a 9.00-something ERA this year. Until this year, he last pitched in 2014, and then underwent Tommy John.

So the first game is shaping up to be a slugfest. It'll probably end up a 2-1 pitchers duel.

KG going instead of All-balls-do. Gausman's batting left handed, that means his right arm is facing the pitcher. Hope he doesn't get hit on it.

Watch he go 6+ hopefully bringing his trade value to 2 bags of balls and seeds for the clubhouse

Ha bring on the balls

Ha bring on the balls

Like I said...he's an enigma. :lol: