• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Suffice it to say, he has earned reglar at bats.

Wow.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#2 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,111 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

Amen to that

Edited by bleedingorangeandblack, 16 April 2017 - 02:51 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#3 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

Suffice it to say, he has earned reglar at bats.

Wow.

Exactly! Play him until the league figures him out, then see if he adjusts...

#4 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

My idea last offseason to put Davis in right just to get Mancini's bat in the lineup doesn't seem too crazy now. If he's good enough to play the outfield then all the better.

For all the grief we've given our farm system a large part of this team is homegrown when you look at both the position players and the pitchers.

#5 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

Tied MLB record with 7 HR in first 12 career games. Wow!

#6 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,929 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

This kid needs to play.
The kids are alright.

#7 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,886 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

My idea last offseason to put Davis in right just to get Mancini's bat in the lineup doesn't seem too crazy now. If he's good enough to play the outfield then all the better.

For all the grief we've given our farm system a large part of this team is homegrown when you look at both the position players and the pitchers.

I think Davis is a gold glove 1st baseman

I'd rather figure out if Mancini can stick in the outfield

#8 dshawg1

dshawg1

Let's Go O's!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,657 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:33 AM

But the experts over at the OH board said we should trade him and he is only a fringe player, I am confused. :)
Coed Flag Football, Basketball, Dodgeball, Softball, Kickball & More!
http://www.PlayBaltimore.com

Free Real Estate/Financial Tips:
www.FinancialHangout.com

#9 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

I wonder if Kim is in a little bit of trouble here as the season goes on.  If Bourn shows his old skill in rehab, he is a better fit as Mancini's caddie in LF.   Just saying if Mancini takes over as the regular LF, Bourn is a better bench player than Kim.

#10 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,267 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

I wonder if Kim is in a little bit of trouble here as the season goes on.  If Bourn shows his old skill in rehab, he is a better fit as Mancini's caddie in LF.   Just saying if Mancini takes over as the regular LF, Bourn is a better bench player than Kim.

I like Kim's bat. He seems to get hits when truly needed. I hope he doesn't get pushed aside. But at this point, someone needs to get pushed somewhere to keep Mancini's bat in the game. Granted, it's early. Pitchers don't have Trey figured out just yet. But if he continues to swing a hot bat, he has to play.

Jones-Machado-Davis-Trumbo-Mancini is like Murderer's Row Part Deux.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#11 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

Kim is one of the few, if not the only Oriole, who can consistently get on base.  I'd be disappointed to see him go, especially when this team is in one of their offensive funks, swinging at anything within 3 ft of the plate, which we all know is coming sooner or later.  I'd prefer to have Kim and Gentry stay put. 

#12 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:23 PM

Kim is one of the few, if not the only Oriole, who can consistently get on base. I'd be disappointed to see him go, especially when this team is in one of their offensive funks, swinging at anything within 3 ft of the plate, which we all know is coming sooner or later. I'd prefer to have Kim and Gentry stay put.

I agree - Kim actually watches the ball and sees it when he swings, instead of guessing where it is going, and swinging at thin air.

#13 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

Seth Smith in LF ahead of Kim tonight . Trumbs in RF.  No DH.  But Kim down the pecking order for sure. He is becoming less than a platoon player.

#14 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Seth Smith in LF ahead of Kim tonight . Trumbs in RF. No DH. But Kim down the pecking order for sure. He is becoming less than a platoon player.

It sure is nice to have a roster where quaity players are squeezed for at bats, which leads to a strong bench. But I do feel for Kim at this early stage of the season. I love his approach at the plate, and would love to see it rub off on his teammates.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#15 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

It sure is nice to have a roster where quaity players are squeezed for at bats, which leads to a strong bench. But I do feel for Kim at this early stage of the season. I love his approach at the plate, and would love to see it rub off on his teammates.

Same thing happened early last year. Kim could still get his share of ABs.  But you are right.  The quality and depth is much better this year on the corners and bench.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users