Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Men gets to decide to deny women who is raped in Maryland the right for the woman to terminate parental rights of the rapist.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland, USA.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

Baltimore Sun now reporting that this could be the topic of a special session: http://www.baltimore...0418-story.html

Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller said Tuesday that if a special session of the General Assembly is convened, the legislature should take up a bill that would strip parental rights from rapists.

The likelihood of that special session is unclear, but the Senate's top Democrat on Tuesday introduced a new wrinkle to its agenda.

In the final hours of this year's session, lawmakers failed to pass a bill that would have let rape victims who become pregnant during the assault terminate parental rights of their alleged attackers. It was the ninth year the bill died, and the panel that failed to reach a compromise consisted of five men, including three who had sponsored the proposal.

It was one of two controversial bills close to passage that ultimately failed to advance at the end of the annual 90-day session last week. The other would have expanded the medical marijuana industry to specifically include minority-owned firms, and the Legislative Black Caucus has demanded the governor and presiding officers recall lawmakers to Annapolis to pass it.

#22 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

Baltimore Sun now reporting that this could be the topic of a special session: http://www.baltimore...0418-story.html

Ahhhh sure .... a special session. Yah know as I said before MAYBE if M&M were able to herd the cats in the GA into productive work instead of feel good shxt...calling one would not be necessary.

Two of the MOST important topics, Internet Privacy and this were put to the very end and the clock ran out.

Funny how this always seems to happen with the REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF.

#23 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

Guido no I'm not kidding. There are ways of getting the money if the scumbags ever get jobs, they will pay. Why do you think the scumbags are crying about owing child support now? They take their drivers license and they have other ways of making them pay eventually.

Save the insults because you are the one that live in La la land everyday. So the rapist should just have no responsibly at all?

Taking their driver's license was one of the stupidest penalties ever enacted by the kind in this state. How is the debtor supposed to get to work? I know you live near multiple bus routes, but what about those that do not?

#24 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

Taking their driver's license was one of the stupidest penalties ever enacted by the kind in this state. How is the debtor supposed to get to work? I know you live near multiple bus routes, but what about those that do not?

I think Bogarts statement is most telling

There are ways of getting the money if the scumbags ever get jobs,

See there is the issue. How do you get blood out of a stone? You can do these mickey mouse penaties all  you want but if (as in most cases) the guy doesn't have a pot to pee in to begin with nor has any inclination of finding a pot. What do you do?

As always in MD.....apply token 'we are doing something' penalties.

I wish I had a gagillion dollars ... I would buy an island and have all these losers dropped off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users