Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Easter weekend violence spikes in Baltimore

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

NOTHING, naïve she will complain and whine and start daily postings of murders in Baltimore like she always does.  SMH

Edited by bogart

What can you do to help?

Vote for conservatives in the county and on a statewide basis. I also go to jury duty once every three years and do my civic duty and give back the money to the Generous Juror Program. Most of all, my wife and I raise our kids and know where they are so that they aren't out running the streets at all hours.

What do you do?

Ode was it too much to handle, the truth about Trump?  If you look at naive's and Sanction's post, you will notice they are the ones who brought Trump up first so maybe you should direct you rant at them.  I will talk about Trump on this thread and any thread I want to talk about him on.  Try sticking to posting about murders in Baltimore like the lady in SE Baltimore use to do.

Trump is a liar and will always be a liar.

Baltimatt if you are the one who blocked out that three letter word in my post you made a mistake in correcting the word.  The word is Ask.  Reread what I wrote.

That is automatic--I didn't do anything to block what you posted.  You must have mistyped the word to be one that is censored.

Vote for conservatives in the county and on a statewide basis. I also go to jury duty once every three years and do my civic duty and give back the money to the Generous Juror Program. Most of all, my wife and I raise our kids and know where they are so that they aren't out running the streets at all hours.

What do you do?

Sound like a recipe for success!

Too bad there are folks in Baltimore City that can't cook! :)

Ode was it too much to handle, the truth about Trump?  If you look at naive's and Sanction's post, you will notice they are the ones who brought Trump up first so maybe you should direct you rant at them.  I will talk about Trump on this thread and any thread I want to talk about him on.  Try sticking to posting about murders in Baltimore like the lady in SE Baltimore use to do.

Trump is a liar and will always be a liar.

Baltimatt if you are the one who blocked out that three letter word in my post you made a mistake in correcting the word.  The word is Ask.  Reread what I wrote.

Bogart.... I would (and I think others) would really appreciate you getting back in the habit of providing a quote prior to your comment. You may think you are quick...but not enough. A quote is helpful in providing context.

Thanks, The management. ;)

Pink don't tell me what is connected.  I am talking about Trump and his lies like several others on here.  Go bark up another tree.

Sanction, what is he doing for you and what do you want him to do?

Bogart chill. If it makes you feel any better... yes Trump lies....but so do all politicians. However, Trump has taken it up to an art form. What was the number....since inauguration he has lied/presented fake facts/distorted the truth/etc. what like 147 times... and counting?

If Trump was Pinocchio he could use his nose for pole vaulting.

That is automatic--I didn't do anything to block what you posted.  You must have mistyped the word to be one that is censored.

Just to confirm for matt....it has happened to me too.

Axx not what your country.... :D

What do you do?

So you don't live in the city.

You just show up for jury duty every three years? Most jurisdictions select random registered voters, you don't just pop in and claim you're on a jury now,  but that is very nice of you to donate your 15 bucks.

I donate thousands and thousands of dollars every year to city businesses, restaurants, theaters, stadiums, concert venues, etc. While I am in the city, I look out for myself and others.

Do you ever set foot in our city or do you simply complain about the crime that you're doing nothing about?

So you don't live in the city.

You just show up for jury duty every three years? Most jurisdictions select random registered voters, you don't just pop in and claim you're on a jury now,  but that is very nice of you to donate your 15 bucks.

I donate thousands and thousands of dollars every year to city businesses, restaurants, theaters, stadiums, concert venues, etc. While I am in the city, I look out for myself and others.

Do you ever set foot in our city or do you simply complain about the crime that you're doing nothing about?

They send a notice for jury duty every three years and assign a number. You call the night before to see if you have to report. If you do it's one day or one trial if you're selected, then they don't have to go for another three years.

I look out for others no matter where I am. There's nothing I can do about crime in the city except vote for people in state and national elections that I think might help.

I don't set foot in the city anywhere near as much as I used to but I know where to avoid when I do.

You're probably one of those people who are used to hundreds of people being gunned down each year so you just want to ignore it. Sorry, but that doesn't help matters either. The city seems to have a lock 'em up and let 'em go attitude. The cops can only arrest people but they can't keep them in jail.

They send a notice for jury duty every three years and assign a number. You call the night before to see if you have to report. If you do it's one day or one trial if you're selected, then they don't have to go for another three years.

I look out for others no matter where I am. There's nothing I can do about crime in the city except vote for people in state and national elections that I think might help.

I don't set foot in the city anywhere near as much as I used to but I know where to avoid when I do.

You're probably one of those people who are used to hundreds of people being gunned down each year so you just want to ignore it. Sorry, but that doesn't help matters either. The city seems to have a lock 'em up and let 'em go attitude. The cops can only arrest people but they can't keep them in jail.

I live in Baltimore County, had jury duty 1 time 20 years ago. Never heard from them again. My wife has never been called.

I love Baltimore City. So much to see and do. Fantastic restaurants, great concert halls ( Rams Head, Soundstage, etc ). I am a Ravens season ticket holder and a subscriber to the Hippodrome.

Just had a tour this past weekend of Kevin Planks new hotel in Fells Point, it's spectacular.

Thousands of people are gunned down in this country each and every year. Sadly, it's a way of life, and although politicians have promised to fix the problem, none of them ever will.

I live in Baltimore County, had jury duty 1 time 20 years ago. Never heard from them again. My wife has never been called.

I love Baltimore City. So much to see and do. Fantastic restaurants, great concert halls ( Rams Head, Soundstage, etc ). I am a Ravens season ticket holder and a subscriber to the Hippodrome.

Just had a tour this past weekend of Kevin Planks new hotel in Fells Point, it's spectacular.

Thousands of people are gunned down in this country each and every year. Sadly, it's a way of life, and although politicians have promised to fix the problem, none of them ever will.

Contact Towson and ask why you aren't called for jury duty. It's not fair if you are being excluded. Use this: juryoffice@baltimorecountymd.gov

And if you love the city so much, move there. The city needs working people like you.

Hundreds of people are gunned down in Maryland each and every year. Wanna take a guess what areas contribute the most to those numbers?

Posted (edited)

Contact Towson and ask why you aren't called for jury duty. It's not fair if you are being excluded. Use this: juryoffice@baltimorecountymd.govAnd if you love the city so much, move there. The city needs working people like you.Hundreds of people are gunned down in Maryland each and every year. Wanna take a guess what areas contribute the most to those numbers?

No need to call Baltimore County. I think you are the only person I've ever heard of that gets called every 3 years.I've lived in the county all my life, 50+ years, know and work with many county residents, don't think I know of anyone that has served on jury duty more than 2-3 times, most, like me, just once. I vote in every election, so they know how to get a hold of me.

No need to live in the city, eastern Baltimore County needs working class people like me, and I like my view.

Thousands of people are gunned down each and every year in this country. It's a sad place. Fresno Ca., for instance.

Edited by naive

The topic is the out of control shootings and homicides. I'm sure you can find a topic about Trump's taxes on here if that's what you want to complain about instead of what this topic.

That Maddow guy over on MSNBC bragged about getting a copy and wound up with a big nothing burger.

That's the typical response I've seen and heard from the majority of Baltimore residents. Rather than discuss or provide solutions to the problems that are plaguing the city, they deflect and highlight other agendas. The victimization of criminals is the impetus which fuels anarchy. 

Contact Towson and ask why you aren't called for jury duty. It's not fair if you are being excluded. Use this: juryoffice@baltimorecountymd.gov

And if you love the city so much, move there. The city needs working people like you.

Hundreds of people are gunned down in Maryland each and every year. Wanna take a guess what areas contribute the most to those numbers?

You couldnt pay me to live the city. As much as I love the city the life, I love the peace and quiet of the country life even better. I lived in the city for a year. In that year, my car was broken into 8 times, my house was broken into, there was a shooting around the corner and a junkie overdosed in the house next to mine which was ironically vacant. I've lived in different states / cities and have never encountered the amount of crime I had to endure as a "victim" living in "Charm City". Where I live now reminds me somewhat of the movie Pleasantville. No worries about junkies, no worries about people breaking into cars / homes, and no worries about savages shooting each other over who's corner belongs to who. All I see are kids playing in the street and working class families who care about their neighborhood. The way a neighborhood should be. It's a shame that the majority of the city prefers the opposite. 

You couldnt pay me to live the city. As much as I love the city the life, I love the peace and quiet of the country life even better. I lived in the city for a year. In that year, my car was broken into 8 times, my house was broken into, there was a shooting around the corner and a junkie overdosed in the house next to mine which was ironically vacant. I've lived in different states / cities and have never encountered the amount of crime I had to endure as a "victim" living in "Charm City". Where I live now reminds me somewhat of the movie Pleasantville. No worries about junkies, no worries about people breaking into cars / homes, and no worries about savages shooting each other over who's corner belongs to who. All I see are kids playing in the street and working class families who care about their neighborhood. The way a neighborhood should be. It's a shame that the majority of the city prefers the opposite. 

What part of Baltimore was this? Just curious.

Where the hell was this?? I'm curious too...

Don't believe anything coming out of Auguste's mouth.  He just loves to put the city down to make himself feel better about himself.  He must have lived on North Avenue.

http://www.citypaper.com/news/mobtownbeat/bcp-041917-murderink-20170417-story.html#nt=oft01a-1la1

Eight people killed so far this week; 94 for the year.

Maybe some steady rain will keep the pollen and the body count down for a few days. Nothing else is working.

Read 'em and weep, my friend.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Over 4,000 people shot and killed in this country so far this year.

Baltimore is not alone. Nothing is working anywhere, nor will it, no matter what the politicians you voted for promised us.  Part of daily life here in the good ole USA.

Read 'em and weep, my friend.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Over 4,000 people shot and killed in this country so far this year.

Baltimore is not alone. Nothing is working anywhere, nor will it, no matter what the politicians you voted for promised us.  Part of daily life here in the good ole USA.

Maybe you really do believe that gun deaths are equally distributed throughout all areas of the city, the state, and the country. That's fine. Most people know better. Check out the homicides maps that are readily available. I'm not interested in changing your mind.

Here's one for Baltimore. http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/police/homicides/

Maybe you really do believe that gun deaths are equally distributed throughout all areas of the city, the state, and the country. That's fine. Most people know better. Check out the homicides maps that are readily available. I'm not interested in changing your mind.Here's one for Baltimore. http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/police/homicides/

I don't see things in black and white, as all blood bleeds red. All of them have something in common by the way they died.

What part of Baltimore was this? Just curious.

The 100 blk of N. Luzerne Ave. I wanted to live close to the park. It was a really nice place but the the next few blocks north was hell and the parking was horrible. I usually had to park on Fairmount ave. That's where the majority of my car break ins would occur. Police would tell me that it was the juveniles from the neighborhood that were doing all the larceny from autos. After my house got broken into, I packed up and left. 

Where the hell was this?? I'm curious too...

I lived on the 100 blk of N. Luzerne Ave off of Fairmount Ave.