Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationZentralfriedhof

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

94 murders so far compared t 68 this time last year

http://foxbaltimore....s-last-years-68

I knew it was going to be bad but I didn't think it was going to be that bad.

Some of the city streets must be running red.

#22 bogart

bogart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Ode was it too much to handle, the truth about Trump?  If you look at naive's and Sanction's post, you will notice they are the ones who brought Trump up first so maybe you should direct you rant at them.  I will talk about Trump on this thread and any thread I want to talk about him on.  Try sticking to posting about murders in Baltimore like the lady in SE Baltimore use to do.

Trump is a liar and will always be a liar.

Baltimatt if you are the one who blocked out that three letter word in my post you made a mistake in correcting the word.  The word is Ask.  Reread what I wrote.

#23 bogart

bogart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

Pink don't tell me what is connected.  I am talking about Trump and his lies like several others on here.  Go bark up another tree.

Sanction, what is he doing for you and what do you want him to do?

#24 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

None of those sentences are connected. What in the world does Trump and his taxes have to do with Easter Sunday violence in Baltimore?

Nothing.

#25 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

94 murders so far compared t 68 this time last year

http://foxbaltimore....s-last-years-68

I knew it was going to be bad but I didn't think it was going to be that bad.

Some of the city streets must be running red.

What can you do to help?

#26 bogart

bogart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

NOTHING, na├»ve she will complain and whine and start daily postings of murders in Baltimore like she always does.  SMH

Edited by bogart, 18 April 2017 - 08:41 AM.

#27 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

What can you do to help?

Vote for conservatives in the county and on a statewide basis. I also go to jury duty once every three years and do my civic duty and give back the money to the Generous Juror Program. Most of all, my wife and I raise our kids and know where they are so that they aren't out running the streets at all hours.

What do you do?

#28 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,603 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

Ode was it too much to handle, the truth about Trump?  If you look at naive's and Sanction's post, you will notice they are the ones who brought Trump up first so maybe you should direct you rant at them.  I will talk about Trump on this thread and any thread I want to talk about him on.  Try sticking to posting about murders in Baltimore like the lady in SE Baltimore use to do.

Baltimatt if you are the one who blocked out that three letter word in my post you made a mistake in correcting the word.  The word is Ask.  Reread what I wrote.

That is automatic--I didn't do anything to block what you posted.  You must have mistyped the word to be one that is censored.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#29 Buford

Buford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:03 AM

Vote for conservatives in the county and on a statewide basis. I also go to jury duty once every three years and do my civic duty and give back the money to the Generous Juror Program. Most of all, my wife and I raise our kids and know where they are so that they aren't out running the streets at all hours.

What do you do?

Sound like a recipe for success!

Too bad there are folks in Baltimore City that can't cook! :)

Awesomeness - An unmeasurable amount of awesomenimity something can produce

#30 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

Bogart.... I would (and I think others) would really appreciate you getting back in the habit of providing a quote prior to your comment. You may think you are quick...but not enough. A quote is helpful in providing context.

Thanks, The management. ;)

#31 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

Pink don't tell me what is connected.  I am talking about Trump and his lies like several others on here.  Go bark up another tree.

Sanction, what is he doing for you and what do you want him to do?

Bogart chill. If it makes you feel any better... yes Trump lies....but so do all politicians. However, Trump has taken it up to an art form. What was the number....since inauguration he has lied/presented fake facts/distorted the truth/etc. what like 147 times... and counting?

If Trump was Pinocchio he could use his nose for pole vaulting.

#32 bogart

bogart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:29 AM

Apologies Baltimatt. 

#33 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

That is automatic--I didn't do anything to block what you posted.  You must have mistyped the word to be one that is censored.

Just to confirm for matt....it has happened to me too.

Axx not what your country.... :D

#34 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

What do you do?

So you don't live in the city.

You just show up for jury duty every three years? Most jurisdictions select random registered voters, you don't just pop in and claim you're on a jury now,  but that is very nice of you to donate your 15 bucks.

I donate thousands and thousands of dollars every year to city businesses, restaurants, theaters, stadiums, concert venues, etc. While I am in the city, I look out for myself and others.

Do you ever set foot in our city or do you simply complain about the crime that you're doing nothing about?

#35 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

So you don't live in the city.
You just show up for jury duty every three years? Most jurisdictions select random registered voters, you don't just pop in and claim you're on a jury now,  but that is very nice of you to donate your 15 bucks.

I donate thousands and thousands of dollars every year to city businesses, restaurants, theaters, stadiums, concert venues, etc. While I am in the city, I look out for myself and others.

Do you ever set foot in our city or do you simply complain about the crime that you're doing nothing about?

They send a notice for jury duty every three years and assign a number. You call the night before to see if you have to report. If you do it's one day or one trial if you're selected, then they don't have to go for another three years.

I look out for others no matter where I am. There's nothing I can do about crime in the city except vote for people in state and national elections that I think might help.

I don't set foot in the city anywhere near as much as I used to but I know where to avoid when I do.

You're probably one of those people who are used to hundreds of people being gunned down each year so you just want to ignore it. Sorry, but that doesn't help matters either. The city seems to have a lock 'em up and let 'em go attitude. The cops can only arrest people but they can't keep them in jail.

#36 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

They send a notice for jury duty every three years and assign a number. You call the night before to see if you have to report. If you do it's one day or one trial if you're selected, then they don't have to go for another three years.

I look out for others no matter where I am. There's nothing I can do about crime in the city except vote for people in state and national elections that I think might help.

I don't set foot in the city anywhere near as much as I used to but I know where to avoid when I do.

You're probably one of those people who are used to hundreds of people being gunned down each year so you just want to ignore it. Sorry, but that doesn't help matters either. The city seems to have a lock 'em up and let 'em go attitude. The cops can only arrest people but they can't keep them in jail.

I live in Baltimore County, had jury duty 1 time 20 years ago. Never heard from them again. My wife has never been called.

I love Baltimore City. So much to see and do. Fantastic restaurants, great concert halls ( Rams Head, Soundstage, etc ). I am a Ravens season ticket holder and a subscriber to the Hippodrome.

Just had a tour this past weekend of Kevin Planks new hotel in Fells Point, it's spectacular.

Thousands of people are gunned down in this country each and every year. Sadly, it's a way of life, and although politicians have promised to fix the problem, none of them ever will.

#37 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

I live in Baltimore County, had jury duty 1 time 20 years ago. Never heard from them again. My wife has never been called.

I love Baltimore City. So much to see and do. Fantastic restaurants, great concert halls ( Rams Head, Soundstage, etc ). I am a Ravens season ticket holder and a subscriber to the Hippodrome.

Just had a tour this past weekend of Kevin Planks new hotel in Fells Point, it's spectacular.

Thousands of people are gunned down in this country each and every year. Sadly, it's a way of life, and although politicians have promised to fix the problem, none of them ever will.

Contact Towson and ask why you aren't called for jury duty. It's not fair if you are being excluded. Use this: juryoffice@baltimorecountymd.gov

And if you love the city so much, move there. The city needs working people like you.

Hundreds of people are gunned down in Maryland each and every year. Wanna take a guess what areas contribute the most to those numbers?

#38 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

Contact Towson and ask why you aren't called for jury duty. It's not fair if you are being excluded. Use this: juryoffice@baltimorecountymd.govAnd if you love the city so much, move there. The city needs working people like you.Hundreds of people are gunned down in Maryland each and every year. Wanna take a guess what areas contribute the most to those numbers?

No need to call Baltimore County. I think you are the only person I've ever heard of that gets called every 3 years.I've lived in the county all my life, 50+ years, know and work with many county residents, don't think I know of anyone that has served on jury duty more than 2-3 times, most, like me, just once. I vote in every election, so they know how to get a hold of me.

No need to live in the city, eastern Baltimore County needs working class people like me, and I like my view.

Thousands of people are gunned down each and every year in this country. It's a sad place. Fresno Ca., for instance.

Edited by naive, 18 April 2017 - 05:38 PM.

#39 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

The topic is the out of control shootings and homicides. I'm sure you can find a topic about Trump's taxes on here if that's what you want to complain about instead of what this topic.

That Maddow guy over on MSNBC bragged about getting a copy and wound up with a big nothing burger.

That's the typical response I've seen and heard from the majority of Baltimore residents. Rather than discuss or provide solutions to the problems that are plaguing the city, they deflect and highlight other agendas. The victimization of criminals is the impetus which fuels anarchy. 

#40 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Contact Towson and ask why you aren't called for jury duty. It's not fair if you are being excluded. Use this: juryoffice@baltimorecountymd.gov

And if you love the city so much, move there. The city needs working people like you.

Hundreds of people are gunned down in Maryland each and every year. Wanna take a guess what areas contribute the most to those numbers?

You couldnt pay me to live the city. As much as I love the city the life, I love the peace and quiet of the country life even better. I lived in the city for a year. In that year, my car was broken into 8 times, my house was broken into, there was a shooting around the corner and a junkie overdosed in the house next to mine which was ironically vacant. I've lived in different states / cities and have never encountered the amount of crime I had to endure as a "victim" living in "Charm City". Where I live now reminds me somewhat of the movie Pleasantville. No worries about junkies, no worries about people breaking into cars / homes, and no worries about savages shooting each other over who's corner belongs to who. All I see are kids playing in the street and working class families who care about their neighborhood. The way a neighborhood should be. It's a shame that the majority of the city prefers the opposite. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users