#61 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationZentralfriedhof

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:59 AM

Blaming Governor Hogan for Baltimore's problems that have been decades in the making is typical thinking of someone who is completely politically biased to the point where they are blind to the truth.

It's no different than trying to share the blame for all deaths and accidents caused by carjackers, car thieves, and drunk drivers by placing it on all drivers who obey the law.

#62 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

Hmmmm seems they convincingly buried or didn't report the number of gang bang retaliatory hits were in that number. To me the only ONLY number that matters was the unintentional shooting 615.

All the remainder were somehow linked with crime. Now last time I looked a gun can't walk down the street and fire itself.

Instead of focusing on guns how about focusing on the fruit loops/bad guys that use them?

It's a general website showing how bad and widespread gun violence is in our country.

A gun can't walk down the street and fire itself, nor can bad guys walk into a store and buy one, yet they have no trouble obtaining many. Weird, huh?

#63 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

Blaming Governor Hogan for Baltimore's problems that have been decades in the making is typical thinking of someone who is completely politically biased to the point where they are blind to the truth.

It's no different than trying to share the blame for all deaths and accidents caused by carjackers, car thieves, and drunk drivers by placing it on all drivers who obey the law.

Who blamed Governor Hogan? Asking what he is doing about it is blaming him for the problem? Who knew?

#64 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

You voted for him so he could help with our crime problem. Thought you would know what he has done. Sorry for asking, but I know the answer.

Ahhhh.... he is the Governor not the Mayor. Knowing you if he DID step in and did something you would be all bat-shxt crazy because he is interfering and violating civil rights of the fine upstanding populace of BC. :rolleyes:

And don't say you wouldn't...your track record here proves otherwise.

Go complain to or about the gooberment in BC and do something productive.

#65 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

It's a general website showing how bad and widespread gun violence is in our country.

A gun can't walk down the street and fire itself, nor can bad guys walk into a store and buy one, yet they have no trouble obtaining many. Weird, huh?

No. Criminals do what criminals do. They break into things, steal, commit crimes like theft, murder, etc. Probably helps in many cases to know where your kids are too and what they're up to at night when they should be at home.

That's how it works where I live with most people I know.

#66 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

Excellent analogy. Same thing applies about firearms. Don't fix the bad guys fix the good guys.

#67 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

No. Criminals do what criminals do. They break into things, steal, commit crimes like theft, murder, etc. Probably helps in many cases to know where your kids are too and what they're up to at night when they should be at home.

Ode you are wasting you breath. Note the name 'naive'.....nuff said.

#68 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

Living right on the iron pipeline helps too!

#69 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

Ode you are wasting you breath. Note the name 'naive'.....nuff said.

lol. That's original!

#70 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

Too easy for folks to get guns, opiates.

Both lead to high number of deaths in this country.

Need to cut the supply.

#71 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

Too easy for folks to get guns, opiates.

Both lead to high number of deaths in this country.

Need to cut the supply.

We need to put gang bangers etc. in jail and not let them out. We need treatment for those with drug issues AND need to take the profit out of illegal drug sales.

Fewer buyers, fewer sales, make certain drugs legal and controlled but available,  fewer sales. Fewer sales, less profit.... less profit fewer sellers, fewer sellers then less gun activity.

Well maybe not so much the last. As the cash drug sale pool is reduced I am SURE the turf wars will crank up for a time...then go down hill ....due to attrition. And would that be a bad thing?

There are solutions....but the BC gooberment has to stop d'n around and find a set. AS does the rest of so called leadership in the USA.

#72 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,513 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

Keeping violent criminals behind bars would be a start.

#73 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

Keeping violent criminals behind bars would be a start.

Closing the repeat offender pipeline would be a heap of help.

#74 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

Baltimore is the worst.  Maybe it's time I move to the county so I can complain about how Baltimore is the worst.

Well, when you have something to compare it to, odds are the latter is a much-preferred choice. 

#75 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

No need to call Baltimore County. I think you are the only person I've ever heard of that gets called every 3 years.I've lived in the county all my life, 50+ years, know and work with many county residents, don't think I know of anyone that has served on jury duty more than 2-3 times, most, like me, just once. I vote in every election, so they know how to get a hold of me.

We are in Harford County, but I expect it's about the same. In the 10+ years since we became Maryland citizens, my wife has been called 3 times, and me only once. Random is sometimes not divided equally.

#76 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Baltimore Believe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users