demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,595 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

http://baltimore.cbs...-chicken-bones/

Smith believes the man in pair throwing chicken bones was the one who came back to the area and fired shots after getting into a verbal altercation with another woman on the street.

Smith says the 90-year-old woman was hit by a ricochet. A 55-year-old man was shot in the leg. Neither are believed to be the intended targets.

The suspect shot “presumably towards the people he was arguing with on the street,” Smith says.

Sounds like she was not the intended target but I hope the street trash is arrested and gets actual jail time. 

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#2 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,766 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

This morning I watch an interview of the lady. She looks amazing. So happy that she will survive this.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#3 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,469 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

The fact that firing randomly over a verbal argument over chicken bones is the mind blower.

And the fact that crap like this happens frequently in a place like Baltimore is even more of a mind blower.

I and most of us live in a community that if you get into a verbal confrontation with a neighbor it's a big deal but doesn't usually go any farther than verbal.

How can communities be so bizarrely different?

#4 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Some people are walking powder kegs.

#5 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,766 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

Baltimore violence was featured on GMA yesterday morning.

It's a shame. 

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#6 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

The fact that firing randomly over a verbal argument over chicken bones is the mind blower.

And the fact that crap like this happens frequently in a place like Baltimore is even more of a mind blower.

I and most of us live in a community that if you get into a verbal confrontation with a neighbor it's a big deal but doesn't usually go any farther than verbal.

Regardless of what the do-gooders and they can be fixed crowd say.... BC is now the proud owners of a whole generation (or more) of animals...nothing more and probably less.

Now PUUhhhhllllesssseeee I am not saying that all the people in BC are screwed up...not in the least. But someone (hopefully BC gooberment and the feel gooders) will learn in soon that there is a highly volitional , no regard for law and society, ARMED and not afraid to use them idiots out there.

Ever argue with a cat...ever mess with a po'ed dog? That is what we are dealing with. And you ALL know when push comes to shove what they understand.

However libs/feel gooders/yah gotta understanders have a very blind eye to that fact.

#7 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

Some people are walking powder kegs.

And how do you deal with powder kegs or any ordnance.

1. You blow it up (put them down big time)
  2. You defuse it (put them in jail) and lock the parts safely away forever (no get out early etc.) or you blow them up (have a death sentence).

Get my drift.

Edited by Guido2, 18 April 2017 - 09:47 AM.

#8 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Question....before I comment....do you live near where this happened?

#9 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,469 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

Question....before I comment....do you live near where this happened?

No. I live close to thirty miles away in Harford County.

But to me that's close enough and it still blows my mind that the value of life, liberty and the pursuit happiness can be so different from one area to another that is no more than a half hour drive.

#10 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

No. I live close to thirty miles away in Harford County.

But to me that's close enough and it still blows my mind that the value of life, liberty and the pursuit happiness can be so different from one area to another that is no more than a half hour drive.

Thanks. Yes I am shocked also.

But their so called world and our communities are totally different in almost every aspect.

Which because of that .... is totally drummed into normal peoples head daily that we should show compassion and understand. :rolleyes:

Barf.

#11 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,469 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

Thanks. Yes I am shocked also.
But their so called world and our communities are totally different in almost every aspect.
Which because of that .... is totally drummed into normal peoples head daily that we should show compassion and understand. :rolleyes:
Barf.

That's where I have a problem.

I don't understand and will never understand why humans behave like that in this day of age.

Throwing shots over a thrown chicken bone is so bizarre in my world is a mind blower and I don't have and never will have an inkling of understanding for that behavior.

Which is why I have my own wall you can't see that shields me and mine from that garbage.

Edited by jonsensback, 18 April 2017 - 10:35 AM.

#12 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationZentralfriedhof

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

I'm not shocked. This happened in a city where people in some areas are killing in greater numbers without an end in sight.

#13 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

That's where I have a problem.

I don't understand and will never understand why humans behave like that in this day of age.

Throwing shots over a thrown chicken bone is so bizarre in my world is a mind blower and I don't have and never will have an inkling of understanding for that behavior.

Which is why I have my own wall you can't see that shields me and mine from that garbage.

Well you can be human by normal social standards or anatomically human. As noted some pockets are only the latter. For whatever reasons they have their set of standards and we ours. 

And isn't it sad that you have to hide behind a wall because of a small percentage of animals. Or because a powerful group of do-gooders 'think' that you have to understand?

Sorry I won't....I can be compassionate, I can reason, I can try and  understand and help...but there comes a point that you stop the debate with a rabid dog and shoot it.

#14 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,469 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

Well you can be human by normal social standards or anatomically human. As noted some pockets are only the latter. For whatever reasons they have their set of standards and we ours. 

And isn't it sad that you have to hide behind a wall because of a small percentage of animals. Or because a powerful group of do-gooders 'think' that you have to understand?

Sorry I won't....I can be compassionate, I can reason, I can try and  understand and help...but there comes a point that you stop the debate with a rabid dog and shoot it.

Dig that

#15 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,546 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

Hi Guido

I know you get it, but just for perspective I have to throw in that this is easily explainable and perfectly normal Human development. We're all born a blank slate as far as worldview and perspective, social norms, whats acceptable, etc...Beyond hard wired survival stuff, everything else has to be learned, and things like self worth, the value of a Human life, and especially ethics, are best learned from consistent examples. Probably like you and I had at some points.

This is a very predictable outcome with so many babies born and left to make decisions based on consistent bad examples. Examples very likely set by their parents, who were raised the same inefficient way.

I'm a believer in the idea that the individual is responsible for the act, and ultimately owns and owes the debt. But theres a part of my thinking that says it's not completely fair to label the suspect(s) as animals or somehow less than Human. Yea, they're the downside of Human nature, but IMO they're a pretty logical downside. It defines Human. 

And think, we actually created this monster that feeds itself now!  Short sighted but well intentioned liberals and a political structure that thrived on fears and segregation. So now we have a ton of messed up people confined to geographically very small areas, The man in the house rule legacy lives on in ways never imagined, and this will not end. I wonder how some communities will be able to handle the loss of the older folk, some of who took on the task of trying to raise grandkids. These older folks will take a lot of wisdom with them and I don't see them being easily replaced. 

We as a society and our legislators, do not have the honesty, integrity or intelligence to deal with the root cause. The system seems set up to intentionally deny a fix after a few decades.

Edited by pepper, 18 April 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#16 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

I'm not shocked. This happened in a city where people in some areas are killing in greater numbers without an end in sight.

My thoughts exactly...(out of state) friends and family will call an ask me if any of what's going on in Baltimore is true...I tell them...you cant make stuff like this up if youre from Baltimore. Just when you think  you've seen everything....then something like this pops up. 

#17 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,546 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

My thoughts exactly...(out of state) friends and family will call an ask me if any of what's going on in Baltimore is true...I tell them...you cant make stuff like this up if youre from Baltimore. Just when you think  you've seen everything....then something like this pops up. 

I'm not surprised or shocked anymore, this stuff barely registers. To be truly affected would be maddening. It's the steady drum beat of 90 year olds, then 3 year olds, then a nun or elderly couple...repeated regularly, with variations on the same depraved theme, no value for Human life, regardless. 

The loss of potential is staggering.

#18 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

I'm not surprised or shocked anymore, this stuff barely registers. To be truly affected would be maddening. It's the steady drum beat of 90 year olds, then 3 year olds, then a nun or elderly couple...repeated regularly, with variations on the same depraved theme, no value for Human life, regardless. 

The loss of potential is staggering.

Being desensitized is one thing but the daily shenanigans that come from the same folks is disturbing. Baltimore is a breeding ground for the criminal underworld. 

#19 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,595 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

Being desensitized is one thing but the daily shenanigans that come from the same folks is disturbing. Baltimore is a breeding ground for the criminal underworld. 

The political and civil "leadership" refuse to lock up the obvious violent repeat criminals and wonder crime thrives

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#20 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

The political and civil "leadership" refuse to lock up the obvious violent repeat criminals and wonder crime thrives

Agreed. The criminal "justice" system in Baltimore is horrible. I remember sitting in on a fellow colleagues trial in Harford County. It was a misdemeanor drug possession charge. The defendant was found guilty and sentenced to 18 months. I distinctly heard the defense attorney say "your honor this is his first offense" and the judge replied "if he sells dope in my county and gets found guilty of it, he gets the maximum penalty allowed by the law". I was floored! I was used to hearing Judges in Baltimore City agreeing with the State to Nolle Pros or Stet cases by the bunches just to clear or minimize the docket. Baltimore needs judges like the ones in the county. Stricter sentencing guidelines need to be enforced in the city. They need the proverbial "hanging judges" back in the system. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users