90 Year Old Baltimore woman shot after argument over chicken bones

42 posts in this topic

I think 

I think 

I think 

I think 

I doubt that

Hi Guido

I know you get it, but just for perspective I have to throw in that this is easily explainable and perfectly normal Human development. We're all born a blank slate as far as worldview and perspective, social norms, whats acceptable, etc...Beyond hard wired survival stuff, everything else has to be learned, and things like self worth, the value of a Human life, and especially ethics, are best learned from consistent examples. Probably like you and I had at some points.

This is a very predictable outcome with so many babies born and left to make decisions based on consistent bad examples. Examples very likely set by their parents, who were raised the same inefficient way.

I'm a believer in the idea that the individual is responsible for the act, and ultimately owns and owes the debt. But theres a part of my thinking that says it's not completely fair to label the suspect(s) as animals or somehow less than Human. Yea, they're the downside of Human nature, but IMO they're a pretty logical downside. It defines Human. 

And think, we actually created this monster that feeds itself now!  Short sighted but well intentioned liberals and a political structure that thrived on fears and segregation. So now we have a ton of messed up people confined to geographically very small areas, The man in the house rule legacy lives on in ways never imagined, and this will not end. I wonder how some communities will be able to handle the loss of the older folk, some of who took on the task of trying to raise grandkids. These older folks will take a lot of wisdom with them and I don't see them being easily replaced. 

We as a society and our legislators, do not have the honesty, integrity or intelligence to deal with the root cause. The system seems set up to intentionally deny a fix after a few decades.

Ok animals is a bit strong. But substitute any anti-social non-functional low brain function label you want it doesn't change what they are.

Ahh nnnoooo you can't pin this one on 'we'. Most we's would have absolutely no objection to a variety of nasty non-PC things that could have and should have been done long ago. I won't waste the space reiterating them...we all know what they are.

Again 'we'...nope sorry. The bleeding heart judges, courts and GA are to blame. The real 'we' have all those things that you mention....but there comes a time when enough is enough and the gloves come off. However, the real 'we' don't have the power to cut off generational welfare, revolving door law enforcement etc.

And this decade long spiral you speak of was ALSO not in the real 'we' hands. The 'on high' have for years. And see what they did.

Ok animals is a bit strong. But substitute any anti-social non-functional low brain function label you want it doesn't change what they are.

Ahh nnnoooo you can't pin this one on 'we'. Most we's would have absolutely no objection to a variety of nasty non-PC things that could have and should have been done long ago. I won't waste the space reiterating them...we all know what they are.

Again 'we'...nope sorry. The bleeding heart judges, courts and GA are to blame. The real 'we' have all those things that you mention....but there comes a time when enough is enough and the gloves come off. However, the real 'we' don't have the power to cut off generational welfare, revolving door law enforcement etc.

And this decade long spiral you speak of was ALSO not in the real 'we' hands. The 'on high' have for years. And see what they did.

Bingo! Democratic rule in the city for decades has ruined Baltimore. 

Posted (edited)

Yes and no.

I will be fair enough to say that you can't TOTALLY pin the blame this mess  on Dem gooberment although the hold the bulk of it.

You can also blame the BC courts...meaning way way to many lenient  judges and a jury pool that is scared shxtless or just plain bias towards helping the bad guys. Probably due to the fact that they have some connection...maybe distant... maybe close ... but  a connection. How can you not be when nearly everyone is your cousin.

And in conjunction with that we now have a castrated police force and as the new rules are added other parts of the anatomy are going to be removed. Don't get me wrong the PD needed fixing for sure. But after what has happened I am sure most cops are going to 'enforce by driving by and doing the paperwork and toe tagging'. That's all.

Further I blame the lib/left thinking/feel good GA also. Instead of dropping the hammer on these butt-heads they seem to bend over backwards to make it easier and easier to 'get out of jail'. Exhibit A, cash bail.

And the less money for policing and more for social services....at your door step.....pppuuuuuhhhhhllllleessseee.....BARF

So now BC and BG&E are spending $$$$? To drive to neighborhoods offering services. Why you say. Answer they say, well they don't have transprotation to get to where they are.... BS. What the blip are the state tax supplemented bus routes for...what is the matter.... are they too illiterate to read the bus schedule or figure out the location of where the services are.

What next... in house/apt daily support for people that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground?  

Yes mam/sir how would you like your toast today. Want me to fluff that pillow. Let me put on Oprah for you. Will that be all?

Sheesssshhh

Edited by Guido2

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-arrests-20170630-story.html

Police on Friday also announced charges in a double shooting over chicken bones being thrown in Harlem Park in April.

Gerald Gaffney, 26, of the 3500 block of W. Garrison Avenue, was arrested and charged with three counts of attempted first-degree murder and related charges.

Police said a 56-year-old man was shot in the leg and a 90-year-old woman suffered from a graze wound to her foot in the 1800 block of Harlem Avenue.

Mr. Gaffney is facing 23 charges in this case, as well as 8 charges from a February incident and is being held without bond.  He is no stranger to the court system.

Now if they will just keep this brainless monster locked up!!

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, Dinglehopper said:
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, genghiskhanraven said:

Shooting an old woman because she called him out for throwing his Chicken.

And they wonder why people want to move out when these types move in.

Blacks really made a big mistake vilifying the cops, they should be begging the cops to come back in and go after thugs like this chicken bone thrower

Whites can't read

:D:lol:

On 4/20/2017 at 8:53 AM, caliber45 said:

Everything bad is blamed on people who don't think like me.  Anything good is credited to people who think like me.  Anything that does not fit into of those boxes is fake news or ignored/denied.  Repeat.

That is 98% of sunspot.

25 minutes ago, demopublican said:

Everything bad is blamed on people who don't think like me.  Anything good is credited to people who think like me.  Anything that does not fit into of those boxes is fake news or ignored/denied.  Repeat.

That is 98% of sunspot.

I find it hilarious how supposedly democratic rule has ruined Baltimore , yet republicans make no effort to change anything. Just sit on the sidelines and throw stones.

1 hour ago, demopublican said:

That is 98% of sunspot.

http://sunspotliveson.proboards.com/

6 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

:D:lol:

OK ..two quotes...2 months old....and this is significant because?

Ohhhh gang....help me....White Marsh ken is in a snit and won't talk to me. So if you and fill me in I would appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I find it hilarious how supposedly democratic rule has ruined Baltimore , yet republicans make no effort to change anything. Just sit on the sidelines and throw stones.

Ahhhh....dude. Are you confusing Fed with local gooberment.

How can Republicans or conservatives change anything if they can't get in office? Duh!

If the ahhhhhh constituents  are perfectly happy to wander through their usesless lives and like gerbils pull the lever that is blue/dem....there is not much that the rep/cons can do.

But once again.....why do you care....WMk....you live 21.9 miles from BC.... I live but 2.4 to center...

so what do I know......btw how was your last flight to the Bahama's

Edited by Guido2

On 7/1/2017 at 4:20 PM, bmore_ken said:

Have you seen their brand of change? See Kansas and Trump. We don't want it.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:20 PM, bmore_ken said:

So you really think a Republican could get elected to a public office in Baltimore City? 

12 minutes ago, Papi said:

So you really think a Republican could get elected to a public office in Baltimore City? 

How will we know until they put out other than a token effort?

I think it's hilarious that any posters would deny that Baltimore is a perfect example of a government that is completely run by Democrats over decades from top to toe and that Democrats do not own the results.

Blaming Republicans for not running and winning is ridiculous because it does nothing to change the reality that Democrats created, run, and control it all for decades upon decades and bear total responsibility.

What we see is all the handiwork of one party and one party only.   

Baltimore's constituency is virtually all Democrats too, and especially in those areas that are hardest hit by poor schols, crime, poverty and dysfunction.

If the people of Baltimore want Republicans and change, some of them should step up, switch party affiliation, and run themselves.

If they don't, no big deal.  The Democrats totally own Baltimore and its problems their policies created over a very long time.

They're also the reason that people who could move did move and escape. 

22 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

I think it's hilarious that any posters would deny that Baltimore is a perfect example of a government that is completely run by Democrats over decades from top to toe and that Democrats do not own the results.

Blaming Republicans for not running and winning is ridiculous because it does nothing to change the reality that Democrats created, run, and control it all for decades upon decades and bear total responsibility.

What we see is all the handiwork of one party and one party only.   

Baltimore's constituency is virtually all Democrats too, and especially in those areas that are hardest hit by poor schols, crime, poverty and dysfunction.

If the people of Baltimore want Republicans and change, some of them should step up, switch party affiliation, and run themselves.

If they don't, no big deal.  The Democrats totally own Baltimore and its problems their policies created over a very long time.

They're also the reason that people who could move did move and escape. 

And what ....unfortunately....what a lot of BC lovers fail to realize .... is the mess that has been created....is the mess that the rest of the state ends up cleaning up....IOWs....more of our tax dollars.

What gets shipped to BC....doesn't pay for state roads being paved, my sewage system being upgraded, the park being kept clean...among hundreds of other things that my tax dollars should be going to . 

Hey... if BC wants to blow up....fine....just keep you hand and lousy political machine out of my wallet.