Rael

Dallas Dance resigns

116 posts in this topic

good for him. sad to see him go, but he has to do whats right for him and his family. sounds like he has roots in richmond so that would make sense

Did he teach you capitalization?

But seriously, what makes you sad to see him go? Any specific achievements?

demo and you have the nerve to call me nasty, if that is so, look at the type of people on this board, you included.

I guess I am old fashioned....but what ever happened to 'finishing the job'?

Look he pushed big time for an agreement to a new contract ....way ahead of time....so in theory he must have been stoked to continue the job.OR as my cynical side says....he may have pushed to get a bigger pay check so that when he walked out the door it was more lucrative....which he had planned all along. I don't recall reading it...but the way contracts go now-a-days... I am sure he walked with a boat load of goodies.

I dunno....don't  you think that he could have just given them notice that at the end of the school year he was gone? And give the board a chance to find a replacement? Sorry, something is fishy here....like he got caught double dipping again.

But likely we will never know in our lifetimes.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/k-12/bs-md-co-dance-last-day-20170629-story.html

Baltimore County School Superintendent Dallas Dance ends his five-year tenure leading one of the largest systems in the nation on Friday and begins a new consulting job on Monday.

The 36-year-old superintendent said he will become a senior vice president at MGT Consulting Group, a large Florida-based consulting company with offices around the country.

He said he has already sold his house in the county and moved to Richmond, Va., where his mother and his young son, Myles, live. The new job will allow him the flexibility to live in Richmond, he said. His last two days as superintendent will be vacation days.

23 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Thanks Matt for the update.

Time for my negative remark about Dancin' Dallas; 

Ahhhhh yah.....he never had any of this planned....like any gunslinger or con-artists...he had the escape already planned. Geeee I wonder how long it will be for us to find out that he had his hand in the cookie jar... AGAIN!!!. And the ahhhh County board or is it bored ....to avoid....further embarrassment gave him  a pass.

Must be nice. 

Ahhhh I feel better.....so how is NJ.....like the swamp down here. Happy 4th Matt. 

Hey, Guido.

Well, the state government is shut down until the governor and legislature come up with a budget.

10 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Hey, Guido.

Well, the state government is shut down until the governor and legislature come up with a budget.

I guess you are referring to NJ. Be happy, like MD and Federal....if the goooberment is frozen....nothing happens except the day to day stuff ....which plows on with or without 'them'....which in the long run....is all that matters. 

So are the crabs running... had any?

Happy 4th

Yes, I mean New Jersey.  State parks are shut down, as are various services such as motor vehicles and various agencies that issue licenses.

Haven't had any crabs.

I wonder if his pension vested after 5 years? That could explain his abrupt departure.

11 hours ago, Gertrude said:

I wonder if his pension vested after 5 years? That could explain his abrupt departure.

Another piece to the puzzle.

13 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Yes, I mean New Jersey.  State parks are shut down, as are various services such as motor vehicles and various agencies that issue licenses.

Haven't had any crabs.

I think there is an off color joke there....but. :lol:

Now here is a question I always have when something like this happens. Suppose you were supposed to renew your whatever license or pay a penalty. And that office is closed....do you still have to pay the penalty?

My cynical side says yes. Sort of like what I am expecting with this health care thing. 

Gooooberment official........well yah.....there is no body you can buy insurance from....but that is not my problem.....the law says you must have insurance or pay a tax penalty. 

47 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Another piece to the puzzle.

My BIL worked for Howard County Sheriff. He only had to do 5 years to get a pension. He was retired from another  agency.

10 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

My BIL worked for Howard County Sheriff. He only had to do 5 years to get a pension. He was retired from another  agency.

Ok... so what you are saying is that he retired from one job...got a pension....then took another job....and got another pension?

If true and if in the 'right place' you can have some nice change.

But....is that any different that a lot of ex-military and gooooberment officials that become lobbyists after they are no longer in office.

My sympathy for public servants become less and less everyday. 

27 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ok... so what you are saying is that he retired from one job...got a pension....then took another job....and got another pension?

If true and if in the 'right place' you can have some nice change.

But....is that any different that a lot of ex-military and gooooberment officials that become lobbyists after they are no longer in office.

My sympathy for public servants become less and less everyday. 

Yes. He now gets 2 pensions. He told me he only gets a little money from Howard, but his medical is covered.

1 minute ago, Gertrude said:

Yes. He now gets 2 pensions. He told me he only gets a little money from Howard, but his medical is covered.

And all I ever heard growing up was 'Guido....you can work in the public sector and have a steady ....never lose it job...but won't make much....now the private sector......'

Who would have thunk it. 

I have a couple ex-military, cop etc. friends. Yah they put their life on the line ....no doubt. But....well Here I sit in Woodlawn.....looking at derelict cars and flat tires....and they are looking at the bay and dock and a skeedo and a boat.

Education for them HS....me.....3 University degrees.

Who's the chump now. :D

I don't begrudge them, it is nice it worked out for them....besides I get to visit. As long as I bring good scotch. :D