KSweeley

Burning Trump signs can get people charged with a hate crime: Baltimore area women charged with hate crime in burning of Trump sign on Eastern Shore

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-trump-sign-charges-20170418-story.html

Two Baltimore-area women were charged with lighting a Trump sign on fire in Somerset County, officials said.

Princess Anne police have charged D'Asia R. Perry, of Baltimore, and Joy M. Shuford, of Owings Mills, both 19, with multiple offenses, including second-degree arson and committing a hate crime, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said.

Edited by KSweeley

Posted (edited)

This is hogwash, those women have every right to burn their signs for a lying, manipulating president.

Edited by bogart

I hope the arsonists get jail time. Nobody has a right to set fire and destroy someone else's property. A person would have to have a thug mentality to think that kind of illegal activity is justifiable.

This is hogwash, those women have every right to burn their signs for a lying, manipulating president.

They burned someone else's sign.

Don't get the hate crime part. Arson and vandalism - yes

Hillary didn't win.

They burned someone else's sign.

Would be nice if people read the content of a story before expressing an opinion, wouldn't it?

No, you don't have the right to burn someone else's property. 

I didn't read the article I just liked the part where they were burning signs because of Trump.

overtaxed and your are proud that she lost?  If she had won it wouldn't be drama everyday.  This side show is very entertaining. 

Would be nice if you would address who you are talking to instead of lurking with snide remarks.

This entire "hate crime" business is a bunch of nonsense. Always has been. Always will be.

What is interesting is to see the folks who continually throw the charge out when it suits their agenda now squealing like stuck pigs when the "hate crimes" chicken comes home to roost.

Would be nice if you would address who you are talking to instead of lurking with snide remarks.

Would be nice if you would understand that it fits whoever had a comment without reading the article.

lol hate crime?  what a stupid charge.  no way it sticks

And I said that I didn't read the article and why I responded like I did.  So save it.

And I said that I didn't read the article and why I responded like I did.  So save it.

You are always looking for an argument.

How would you feel if someone lit a fire to a sign on your property?  Would you be all glib then? I didn't think so.

Fires and hate crimes aside, the election was 5 1/2 months ago.  Isn't it about time to take the damn things down?

Fires and hate crimes aside, the election was 5 1/2 months ago.  Isn't it about time to take the damn things down?

The righties are stuck on stupid (Trump). Can't you tell from the posts here??

We rode down my mother-in-law's old street last week.  Her old next door neighbor has a giant Trump/Pence sign and a Trump flag flying right under the American flag.  Trashy.

Spritghly, I don't always look for augments but with people like you on here that is what happens.  Maybe you should stop making snide remarks and address the person you are talking to.  I have seen you on here auguring more than enough times so again, save it.  Weren't you suppose to stop communicating with me months ago? 

Agreed. Aren't there laws about campaign signs?

I go by a house on my way to my marina in AA CO that finally just recently took down their giant McCain/Palin sign on their garage.

I kept seeing the Hillary signs but then realized they were hospital signs .....

There's someone on route 1/Washington Blvd near Halethorpe who still has a tacky homemade Trump and Szeliga sign out. I see it whenever I go to the gym