KSweeley

Burning Trump signs can get people charged with a hate crime: Baltimore area women charged with hate crime in burning of Trump sign on Eastern Shore

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Spritghly, I don't always look for augments but with people like you on here that is what happens.  Maybe you should stop making snide remarks and address the person you are talking to.  I have seen you on here auguring more than enough times so again, save it.  Weren't you suppose to stop communicating with me months ago? 

No, you always look for arguments. You always look to be offended. I love a good heated discussion. Never denied it.

Did you answer? How would you feel if someone lit a fire on your property regardless of the reason?

Edited by Sprightly

There's someone on route 1/Washington Blvd near Halethorpe who still has a tacky homemade Trump and Szeliga sign out. I see it whenever I go to the gym

I think it's near the pit beef place. I see it every day. I've wanted to comment but I have a feeling that it wouldn't go well.

This is hogwash, those women have every right to burn their signs for a lying, manipulating president.

No they absolutely do not.  I oppose Trump 100% but that means I will oppose him legally and ethically. 

Posted (edited)

This entire "hate crime" business is a bunch of nonsense. Always has been. Always will be.

What is interesting is to see the folks who continually throw the charge out when it suits their agenda now squealing like stuck pigs when the "hate crimes" chicken comes home to roost.

The idea of categorizing crimes based on racial, ethnic or religous prejudice, crimes against historically marginalized groups, is a good idea. It can be helpful to chart their ebb and flow. Although I'm not sure I support criminalizing it further.

But it does seem to defeat that purpose if they are going to include occupations, like police, or political views. Somehow, this crime doesn't seem quite the same as drawing swastikas on the tombs of Jews.

Edited by hst2

These two burned the sign because they hate Trump supporters, so if they're going to create idiotic hate crime law they need to apply if evenly to all citizens.

These two should be charged with arson, and that should be the charge no matter what they burn, time to end all liberal hate crime charges

I think it's near the pit beef place. I see it every day. I've wanted to comment but I have a feeling that it wouldn't go well.

Comment to the person with the sign?  Yeah probably best to avoid someone like that.

Posted (edited)

My Dad was in the Balto City FD for 1/2 his life and left after his 25 yrs as a Lieutenant.

I think the bottom line is that people just aren't supposed to Willy Nilly set stuff on FIRE!!! Isn't that called Arson?

Edited by Bartman

These two burned the sign because they hate Trump supporters, so if they're going to create idiotic hate crime law they need to apply if evenly to all citizens.

These two should be charged with arson, and that should be the charge no matter what they burn, time to end all liberal hate crime charges

Uhh, they have been charged with arson and twelve or so other things, including "liberal" hate crimes.

I must admit, I accidentally backed over a trump sign and then while going on my way I left some tread on it. All by accident.

People who destroy the property of others need jail time, even if they claim they did it "accidently".   Some people are just violent and don't know how to act civilized.

I also..once used a con-federate rag as target practice.........then tossed it in an incinerator.

I also..once used a con-federate rag as target practice.........then tossed it in an incinerator.

They use people for targets in parts of the city, even for trivial things like scolding someone over chicken bones or thinking that someone disrespected them.

They use people for targets in parts of the city, even for trivial things like scolding someone over chicken bones or thinking that someone disrespected them.

don't use people, sorry.

You can do whatever you want with your own property.   You wouldn't dare try that with my property.

You can do whatever you want with your own property.   You wouldn't dare try that with my property.

LOLOLOL

You just can't civilize some people.  :lol:

LOLOLOL

So you would dare to destroy Smokey's property or are you just being cute?

So you would dare to destroy Smokey's property or are you just being cute?

LOL, walk away 6' 4, walk away.

LOL, walk away 6' 4, walk away.

Walk away? I'm sitting down ready to eat lunch.

And thanks for remembering my height, even though it's a bit creepy since I don't remember jack about you other than your last post I read ,lol.

I didn't read the article I just liked the part where they were burning signs because of Trump.

overtaxed and your are proud that she lost? If she had won it wouldn't be drama everyday. This side show is very entertaining.

How would you feel if I entered your Sandrown-Winchester property and burned a Mosby sign? Suddenly you and the wife would demand the hated police get involved.

Maybe they simply hate people who commit sexual assaults.

Posted (edited)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-trump-sign-folo-20170420-story.html

Hate crime charges were dropped against two women accused of burning a Trump sign in Princess Anne, police said.
"The decision to dismiss the charges was based upon a joint decision between the Princess Anne Police Department and the Somerset County State's Attorney's Office upon reviewing the case," said a statement from Timothy R. Bozman, chief of the Princess Anne Police Department.

Second degree arson charges were also dropped, although the two women face numerous other charges.

Edited by Baltimatt

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-trump-sign-folo-20170420-story.html

Second degree arson charges were also dropped, although the two women face numerous other charges.

The hate crime charges were ill informed.

I can think of several causes that I might risk having a criminal record by engaging in a form of illegal "protest" but these women were dumb to the bone for doing this. It wasn't worth it.