Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Burning Trump signs can get people charged with a hate crime: Baltimore area women charged with hate crime in burning of Trump sign on Eastern Shore

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

Fires and hate crimes aside, the election was 5 1/2 months ago.  Isn't it about time to take the damn things down?

Agreed. Aren't there laws about campaign signs?
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#22 Norman

Norman

Go away you little gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,087 posts
  • LocationCoke Butler

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

Fires and hate crimes aside, the election was 5 1/2 months ago.  Isn't it about time to take the damn things down?

I go by a house on my way to my marina in AA CO that finally just recently took down their giant McCain/Palin sign on their garage.

#23 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

The righties are stuck on stupid (Trump). Can't you tell from the posts here??

I kept seeing the Hillary signs but then realized they were hospital signs .....

#24 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Agreed. Aren't there laws about campaign signs?

Apparently, if they are on private property, there is no regulation.

The state, like the county, has no control over how long or where a campaign sign can be located on private property, he said.

http://www.carrollco...0702-story.html

#25 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,628 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

There's someone on route 1/Washington Blvd near Halethorpe who still has a tacky homemade Trump and Szeliga sign out. I see it whenever I go to the gym
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#26 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,773 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

Spritghly, I don't always look for augments but with people like you on here that is what happens.  Maybe you should stop making snide remarks and address the person you are talking to.  I have seen you on here auguring more than enough times so again, save it.  Weren't you suppose to stop communicating with me months ago? 

No, you always look for arguments. You always look to be offended. I love a good heated discussion. Never denied it.

Did you answer? How would you feel if someone lit a fire on your property regardless of the reason?

Edited by Sprightly, 18 April 2017 - 03:58 PM.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#27 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,773 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

There's someone on route 1/Washington Blvd near Halethorpe who still has a tacky homemade Trump and Szeliga sign out. I see it whenever I go to the gym

I think it's near the pit beef place. I see it every day. I've wanted to comment but I have a feeling that it wouldn't go well.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#28 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,638 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

This is hogwash, those women have every right to burn their signs for a lying, manipulating president.

No they absolutely do not.  I oppose Trump 100% but that means I will oppose him legally and ethically. 

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#29 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92,662 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:31 AM

This entire "hate crime" business is a bunch of nonsense. Always has been. Always will be.

What is interesting is to see the folks who continually throw the charge out when it suits their agenda now squealing like stuck pigs when the "hate crimes" chicken comes home to roost.

The idea of categorizing crimes based on racial, ethnic or religous prejudice, crimes against historically marginalized groups, is a good idea. It can be helpful to chart their ebb and flow. Although I'm not sure I support criminalizing it further.

But it does seem to defeat that purpose if they are going to include occupations, like police, or political views. Somehow, this crime doesn't seem quite the same as drawing swastikas on the tombs of Jews.

Edited by hst2, 19 April 2017 - 04:33 AM.

"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#30 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:57 AM

So you only see hate crimes as a one way street?

#31 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,335 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

These two burned the sign because they hate Trump supporters, so if they're going to create idiotic hate crime law they need to apply if evenly to all citizens.

These two should be charged with arson, and that should be the charge no matter what they burn, time to end all liberal hate crime charges

#32 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

I think it's near the pit beef place. I see it every day. I've wanted to comment but I have a feeling that it wouldn't go well.

Comment to the person with the sign?  Yeah probably best to avoid someone like that.

#33 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

My Dad was in the Balto City FD for 1/2 his life and left after his 25 yrs as a Lieutenant.

I think the bottom line is that people just aren't supposed to Willy Nilly set stuff on FIRE!!! Isn't that called Arson?

Edited by Bartman, 19 April 2017 - 06:41 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#34 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:43 AM

These two burned the sign because they hate Trump supporters, so if they're going to create idiotic hate crime law they need to apply if evenly to all citizens.
These two should be charged with arson, and that should be the charge no matter what they burn, time to end all liberal hate crime charges

Uhh, they have been charged with arson and twelve or so other things, including "liberal" hate crimes.
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#35 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

I must admit, I accidentally backed over a trump sign and then while going on my way I left some tread on it. All by accident.

#36 Smokey 1

Smokey 1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,979 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:57 AM

People who destroy the property of others need jail time, even if they claim they did it "accidently".   Some people are just violent and don't know how to act civilized.

#37 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

I also..once used a con-federate rag as target practice.........then tossed it in an incinerator.

#38 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationZentralfriedhof

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

I also..once used a con-federate rag as target practice.........then tossed it in an incinerator.

They use people for targets in parts of the city, even for trivial things like scolding someone over chicken bones or thinking that someone disrespected them.

#39 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

They use people for targets in parts of the city, even for trivial things like scolding someone over chicken bones or thinking that someone disrespected them.

don't use people, sorry.

#40 Smokey 1

Smokey 1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,979 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:19 AM

You can do whatever you want with your own property.   You wouldn't dare try that with my property.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users