Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Burning Trump signs can get people charged with a hate crime: Baltimore area women charged with hate crime in burning of Trump sign on Eastern Shore

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

You can do whatever you want with your own property.   You wouldn't dare try that with my property.

LOLOLOL

#42 Smokey 1

Smokey 1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,979 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

You just can't civilize some people.  :lol:

#43 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,469 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

LOLOLOL

So you would dare to destroy Smokey's property or are you just being cute?

#44 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

So you would dare to destroy Smokey's property or are you just being cute?

LOL, walk away 6' 4, walk away.

#45 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,469 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

LOL, walk away 6' 4, walk away.

Walk away? I'm sitting down ready to eat lunch.

And thanks for remembering my height, even though it's a bit creepy since I don't remember jack about you other than your last post I read ,lol.

#46 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

I didn't read the article I just liked the part where they were burning signs because of Trump.

overtaxed and your are proud that she lost? If she had won it wouldn't be drama everyday. This side show is very entertaining.

How would you feel if I entered your Sandrown-Winchester property and burned a Mosby sign? Suddenly you and the wife would demand the hated police get involved.

#47 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92,662 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

These two burned the sign because they hate Trump supporters, so if they're going to create idiotic hate crime law they need to apply if evenly to all citizens.
These two should be charged with arson, and that should be the charge no matter what they burn, time to end all liberal hate crime charges

Maybe they simply hate people who commit sexual assaults.
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#48 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

http://www.baltimore...0420-story.html

Hate crime charges were dropped against two women accused of burning a Trump sign in Princess Anne, police said.
"The decision to dismiss the charges was based upon a joint decision between the Princess Anne Police Department and the Somerset County State's Attorney's Office upon reviewing the case," said a statement from Timothy R. Bozman, chief of the Princess Anne Police Department.

Second degree arson charges were also dropped, although the two women face numerous other charges.

Edited by Baltimatt, 20 April 2017 - 03:53 PM.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#49 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Second degree arson charges were also dropped, although the two women face numerous other charges.

So let's see, small fine and a stern warning.

" Next time don't get caught "

#50 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,773 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

The hate crime charges were ill informed.

I can think of several causes that I might risk having a criminal record by engaging in a form of illegal "protest" but these women were dumb to the bone for doing this. It wasn't worth it.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#51 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

The idea of categorizing crimes based on racial, ethnic or religous prejudice, crimes against historically marginalized groups, is a good idea. It can be helpful to chart their ebb and flow. Although I'm not sure I support criminalizing it further.

But it does seem to defeat that purpose if they are going to include occupations, like police, or political views. Somehow, this crime doesn't seem quite the same as drawing swastikas on the tombs of Jews.

You were doing fine up to the highlighted above. So you are saying it is OK that a majority group shouldn't be able to register complaints about a racial, ethnic or religious prejudice?

Are you saying that if someone comes to the front of my house puts up a sign that says DIE WHITEY and sets it on fire I don't have legal grounds to go after them on racial grounds?

Are you saying that if someone comes to the front of my church puts up a sign that says CATHOLICS ARE SCUM and sets it on fire the church doesn't have legal grounds to go after them on religious prejudice? BTW the Catholic church has 1.8 billion members....now that is a majority.

I await your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users