#1 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland, USA.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

Link: http://www.baltimore...0417-story.html

Anne Arundel County Police said they arrived at the Hoyts Movie Theater at 1591 West Nursery Road at 7:29 p.m. Friday evening, where they met with an investigator from the Motion Picture Association of America, a trade association which represents members of the motion picture, home video and television industry, according to its website.

The investigator said he had followed the men into the theater from the parking lot, where he saw both with cameras and recording equipment. The men went into theater 9, where "The Fate of the Furious" was playing, and the investigator said he saw the men illegally recording the movie.

The two were then detained by Anne Arundel police officers.

The men, Troy Montgomery Cornish, 38, of Baltimore, and Floyd Lee Buchanan, 35, of Dundalk, were charged with Recording/Unauthorized Movie Theater, for recording the movie inside the theater without authorization. The theater's manager confirmed that he did not give the suspects permission to record the movie.

According to a charging document, the men face one year in prison and/or a $2,500 fine if convicted.

According to police, both suspects had harnesses under their shirts whi

#2 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,861 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Incidentally, I was there that very night to see Kong. Surprisingly entertaining movie.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#3 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

I quit downloading Cam copies years ago, they almost always stink. The Video may be good but the Audio is usually crap if not Both. Rarely are they any good. I can hardly believe people still do it anymore and worse yet are the Suckers that buy them, I wouldn't.

Downloaded a Kong BRrip with HK Subs last week but It's just not a Keeper for me. OK but just Ehhh.

Edited by Bartman, 18 April 2017 - 06:50 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#4 KSweeley

KSweeley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland, USA.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

I quit downloading Cam copies years ago, they almost always stink. The Video may be good but the Audio is usually crap if not Both. Rarely are they any good. I can hardly believe people still do it anymore and worse yet are the Suckers that buy them, I wouldn't.

Downloaded a Kong BRrip with HK Subs last week but It's just not a Keeper for me. OK but just Ehhh.

People here in Baltimore buy recorded movies, this past Saturday, I was on a public transit bus and a person on the bus had a backpack full of recorded discs and he was telling people they could buy "all the latest movies" and said he "got Ghost in the Shell with the hottie Scarlett Johansson in it, The Boss Baby, Smurfs Lost Village, Beauty and the Beast, Kong and even the new Power Rangers movie with the autistic Power Ranger."

#5 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

People here in Baltimore buy recorded movies, this past Saturday, I was on a public transit bus and a person on the bus had a backpack full of recorded discs and he was telling people they could buy "all the latest movies" and said he "got Ghost in the Shell with the hottie Scarlett Johansson in it, The Boss Baby, Smurfs Lost Village, Beauty and the Beast, Kong and even the new Power Rangers movie with the autistic Power Ranger."

Contributing to the piracy of major motion pictures?

#6 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Well I guess if you're not PC/Internet literate you may as well buy your movies on the Bus. Then again for the above mentioned Kids movies, well you can let a 5-7yr old watch anything even if it's a crummy copy and they won't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#7 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,570 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Well I guess if you're not PC/Internet literate you may as well buy your movies on the Bus. Then again for the above mentioned Kids movies, well you can let a 5-7yr old watch anything even if it's a crummy copy and they won't care.

Or just pay for them like civilized folks

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#8 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

Old school theft vs high tech theft .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#9 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,513 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

I don't understand how people can watch this crap. It's a terrible picture and even worse sound quality. If you don't want to pay the $10-20 to see it in theaters wait a few months for it to be $2 on Redbox.

#10 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:58 AM

BAM! and there you have it  REDBOX....enough said.

#11 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

I am glad police were taken away from heroin overdoses and robberies to deal with something as dangerous as this. If I were waiting for police to arrive after getting robbed on West Nursery Road, at least I could take comfort in knowing they were taking care of something much more serious.

#12 ErieCanal

ErieCanal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

Seinfeld episode where Kramer and Jerry bootleg the movie "Death Blow" for a friend.  Life imitates art. 

#13 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,513 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

I am glad police were taken away from heroin overdoses and robberies to deal with something as dangerous as this. If I were waiting for police to arrive after getting robbed on West Nursery Road, at least I could take comfort in knowing they were taking care of something much more serious.

It's stealing. Cops would be called if someone were trying to steal a car.

#14 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hmmm, why would you be on West Nursery road in the first place. It's a long way from the shore.

#15 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Can't believe there are those that even buy a pirated video since the last won I tried sucked so bad I couldn't watch it.

But I don't buy stuff out of a car trunk anyway so there you go.

Edited by jonsensback, 19 April 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#16 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:03 AM

You people would think like that... :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#17 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:57 AM

Old school theft vs high tech theft .....

Ask the Manufacturers why they don't make DVD recorders anymore, ask them why you can't buy a Blu-Ray recorder just players while you can get BR burners in PC's & laptops. They won't say anything but you know the movie & studio industry pressured them after Video tape became obsolete and DVDs were being phased out for the HD discs. They weren't going to let that happen anymore. Who are the Bullies? I've been running around on Usenet for 20+ years now. Most people won't put forth that much effort. It's not like you can look up just anything and grab it. Takes a good deal of searching and patience. I do the work to find what I want. I don't make one dime off anything I get. It's all for Me and a couple of close friends. It costs me My Time and My Bandwidth I'm paying for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,570 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

Ask the Manufacturers why they don't make DVD recorders anymore, ask them why you can't buy a Blu-Ray recorder just players while you can get BR burners in PC's & laptops. They won't say anything but you know the movie & studio industry pressured them after Video tape became obsolete and DVDs were being phased out for the HD discs. They weren't going to let that happen anymore. Who are the Bullies? I've been running around on Usenet for 20+ years now. Most people won't put forth that much effort. It's not like you can look up just anything and grab it. Takes a good deal of searching and patience. I do the work to find what I want. I don't make one dime off anything I get. It's all for Me and a couple of close friends. It costs me My Time and My Bandwidth I'm paying for.

But you are not paying the people who own the intellectual property. 

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#19 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:53 AM

So you are a hard working thief .....

Fine, so in your mind you justify it, but.....

Do you deny what you are doing is illegal? ....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#20 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

But you are not paying the people who own the intellectual property.

Using my Own "Intellectual Means" and Equipment that I've paid for plus Internet subscription fees. Lemmee see, if we go by the now popular $15/hr rate, just my Time alone, let's call it 10hrs spread out searching in a week, $150/wk plus a $1K PC (guess I'll have to figure in Depreciation) and a $40/mo Intenet access fee... Yeah, If I figure out how to get it and D/L it myself with my own time, effort & equipment. Yeah I'm paying for it, just not Directly to Them.

If you want to go to work by Cab every day and pay them to drop you off & pick you up maybe that would be cheaper in the long run. But I chose to Buy a Car, pay for it and buy my Gas & Insurance and State Licensing Fees and drive myself. To me it's the same thing. Guess I'm just a little Screwy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users