25 replies to this topic

#21 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,721 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

Using my Own "Intellectual Means" and Equipment that I've paid for plus Internet subscription fees. Lemmee see, if we go by the now popular $15/hr rate, just my Time alone, let's call it 10hrs spread out searching in a week, $150/wk plus a $1K PC (guess I'll have to figure in Depreciation) and a $40/mo Intenet access fee... Yeah, If I figure out how to get it and D/L it myself with my own time, effort & equipment. Yeah I'm paying for it, just not Directly to Them.

If you want to go to work by Cab every day and pay them to drop you off & pick you up maybe that would be cheaper in the long run. But I chose to Buy a Car, pay for it and buy my Gas & Insurance and State Licensing Fees and drive myself. To me it's the same thing. Guess I'm just a little Screwy.

Try to justify it to yourself all you want.  It's still theft.  You're not paying the people/company who created the product. 

Do you think it's okay to buy a hot TV out of the back of some dude's van?

#22 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

Using my Own "Intellectual Means" and Equipment that I've paid for plus Internet subscription fees. Lemmee see, if we go by the now popular $15/hr rate, just my Time alone, let's call it 10hrs spread out searching in a week, $150/wk plus a $1K PC (guess I'll have to figure in Depreciation) and a $40/mo Intenet access fee... Yeah, If I figure out how to get it and D/L it myself with my own time, effort & equipment. Yeah I'm paying for it, just not Directly to Them.

If you want to go to work by Cab every day and pay them to drop you off & pick you up maybe that would be cheaper in the long run. But I chose to Buy a Car, pay for it and buy my Gas & Insurance and State Licensing Fees and drive myself. To me it's the same thing. Guess I'm just a little Screwy.

So if an armed robber takes Uber to a stick up and his fare is more than he steals it's all cool .....

Got it ....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#23 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

http://foxbaltimore....side-md-theater
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#24 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

All I can think about is that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry gets forced to be a bootlegger.  :lol:

#25 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

Hmmm, why would you be on West Nursery road in the first place. It's a long way from the shore.

You would think someone from the other side of Rte 170 would know there's an airport over there. I fly out of there every few weeks.

#26 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,570 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

I drive by that movie theater ten times a week

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users