flyboy56

The Clinton Administration Drew Up Plans To Attack NK

86 posts in this topic

The part left out here is that in 1994 Clinton came to a framework of an agreement with NK to wind down the nuclear program. They actually did stop the enrichment part but in 1996 when the repubs took over Congress the GOP balked at buying their program in the same manner we bought many former Soviet missiles. The agreement bumped along anyway until W became prez and that imbecile tore the whole thing up. Now we are where we are. We would have been nuclear free by now if we didn't have republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreed_Framework

Excellent read.  After reading your link it became quite clear it was not Bush who abandoned the Framework Agreement it was congress during Clinton's presidency. By the time Bush was elected NK was so thoroughly pissed with the delay in building the promised LWR they went rogue and started working towards their own nuclear reactor. 

Oh come on, Obama could find Korea on a map!

As opposed to Trump speaking he launched 59 missiles at Iran rather than Syria......

As opposed to Trump speaking he launched 59 missiles at Iran rather than Syria......

Or Obama visiting 57 states...

Verbal gaffes happen all the time and should be considered just that. OTOH, a failure of foreign policy, lies in one place - the White House.

Or Obama visiting 57 states...

Verbal gaffes happen all the time and should be considered just that. OTOH, a failure of foreign policy, lies in one place - the White House.

This one happened once. With Trump it must happen 5 or 6 times a day.

The other day, in a speech, he kept referring to Paul Ryan as Ron.

Frankly, I think his mind is going. And don't say that with pleasure.

Wait a minute. The Admiral running the USS Carl Vinson Battle Group would likely have been a one-star, or, perhaps a junior two-star meaning he rose to the role on Obama's watch. Maybe that explains some things...

So you mean to tell me that things have dramatically changed since I retired from the military when such admirals (generals) had a rigorous selective process.  That is, eligible candidates were screened from among senior officers and recommended for promotion by a sitting board of current active flag officers.

This list was approved by the service secretary, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Secretary of Defense before the final choice was made from the list of eligible candidates by the President of the United States.  Then after nomination by the President, candidates must be approved by the U.S. Senate by majority vote before being approved for promotion upon assumption of their new duties.

But now it was all on O who conspired to placed a favored but incompetent in charge of this particular battle group!!!  I see...  I see...  I see that you are just so full of shyte.   :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

..... OTOH, a failure of foreign policy, lies in one place - the White House.

Unless it's Trump's White House and then it's Bannon's fault or O's fault, or Hillary's fault, or just the so-called inherited mess' fault.

Edited by BaySock

This one happened once. With Trump it must happen 5 or 6 times a day.

Like won most electoral college votes....,

Or.... Seven-11 instead of 9-11....

Or....Hillary Clinton created an illegal private email server — deliberately, willfully, and with pre-medication,....

Or....the 122 Gitmo detainees O released who returned to the battle field......

and on and on and on.

So you mean to tell me that things have dramatically changed since I retired from the military when such admirals (generals) had a rigorous selective process. That is, eligible candidates were screened from among senior officers and recommended for promotion by a sitting board of current active flag officers.

This list was approved by the service secretary, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Secretary of Defense before the final choice was made from the list of eligible candidates by the President of the United States. Then after nomination by the President, candidates must be approved by the U.S. Senate by majority vote before being approved for promotion upon assumption of their new duties.

But now it was all on O who conspired to placed a favored but incompetent in charge of this particular battle group!!! I see... I see... I see that you are just so full of shyte. :rolleyes:

Another twit for whom I will have to put a smiley face for any post with a bit of irony Are you libs all this way when your self-designated saints get challenged ?

Unless it's Trump's White House and then it's Bannon's fault or O's fault, or Hillary's fault, or just the so-called inherited mess' fault.

Kind of like the 8 years of "it's Bush's fault". I must be getting old. With your addition, I now have three of you lib fools on the ignore list, all since the geometric growth in the rate of whining since Nov. To the ignore list with you.

Posted (edited)

:D   Whimp!!!

Edited by BaySock

Another twit for whom I will have to put a smiley face for any post with a bit of irony Are you libs all this way when your self-designated saints get challenged ?

I'm not ALL YOU LIBS.  If I'm your itch, scratch me....  Talk directly to me as I do you.  Let's get it on.

Now this is really funny since you refuse to admit anything negative about any Republican and consistently deflect to something bad a Democrat did.  I used to think that you were "middle of the road" but since the last election, your true allegiance to the right wing nuts has come out in full force.  Oh I know, you didn't vote for Trump but him and Clinton were horrible candidates.  haha

Posted (edited)

Now this is really funny since you refuse to admit anything negative about any Republican and consistently deflect to something bad a Democrat did.  I used to think that you were "middle of the road" but since the last election, your true allegiance to the right wing nuts has come out in full force.  Oh I know, you didn't vote for Trump but him and Clinton were horrible candidates.  haha

That MotR crap didn't have me fooled.  This lad is about as right-wing knut as one can get.  Look up right-wing nut in an encyclopedia and you just may see an image of road kill.  MotR has all the stripes and markings of his fellow con Trump and it was just a matter of time for him to show his true color and preferred side of road.

But now I'm to be ignored!!  :P    boo hoo hoo......

Edited by BaySock

Now this is really funny since you refuse to admit anything negative about any Republican and consistently deflect to something bad a Democrat did. I used to think that you were "middle of the road" but since the last election, your true allegiance to the right wing nuts has come out in full force. Oh I know, you didn't vote for Trump but him and Clinton were horrible candidates. haha

They WERE horrible candidates.

Trump has no clue what he is doing and Ryan and McConnell are equally lost. A couple of Trump's appointees are good (Defense, NSA), some are adequate and desrerving of a fair test (State, Justice). The rest are the same herd of political hacks Clinton would have appointed,differentiated only by the letter that would be after their name, were they still running for something.

I try to defend law and the Constitutional processes here, and my understanding of the relationship between national policy, the strategy to enforce it and the resources available toward that end.

I've said before that Bush was a failure, but to excuse 8 years of Obama failures, as some here seek to do, is to create a false and dishonest argument.

Honest debate assumes all facts are available for consideration.

They WERE horrible candidates.

Trump has no clue what he is doing and Ryan and McConnell are equally lost. A couple of Trump's appointees are good (Defense, NSA), some are adequate and desrerving of a fair test (State, Justice). The rest are the same herd of political hacks Clinton would have appointed,differentiated only by the letter that would be after their name, were they still running for something.

I try to defend law and the Constitutional processes here, and my understanding of the relationship between national policy, the strategy to enforce it and the resources available toward that end.

I've said before that Bush was a failure, but to excuse 8 years of Obama failures, as some here seek to do, is to create a false and dishonest argument.

Honest debate assumes all facts are available for consideration.

The honest debate is hard to have when you think your opinions (the 1st paragraph here, 8 years of Obama failures) are facts.

The honest debate is hard to have when you think your opinions (the 1st paragraph here, 8 years of Obama failures) are facts.

Then I will ask you the same question I've asked others; in regard to foreign policy, which is the general context of this thread, where are Obama's successes?

Russia?

Ukraine?

China?

The South China Sea?

The Middle East?

The Arab Spring?

Korea?

Northern Africa?

Guantanamo?

Where?

I'll give you Cuba, though that was hardly a challenge and he still did it only when he was packing to move out.

The Iran deal was an Executive Agreement and has no force of law, cannot be adequately inspected to ensure compliance (unless of course, you trust Obama blindly), and was never agreed to in the legislative.

So tell me. Where are the Obama successes?

Posted (edited)

Trump has no clue what he is doing and Ryan and McConnell are equally lost.

To borrow a phrase from Marco Rubio , ".....Let's dispel the notion that Trump has no clue what he is doing.  He knows exactly what he his doing..."  as doe Ryan and and turtle neck McConnell:

Edited by BaySock

Posted (edited)

Then I will ask you the same question I've asked others; in regard to foreign policy, which is the general context of this thread, where are Obama's successes?

All of this is pure partisan hog wash when the opposition was sworn to oppose any and every thing Obama attempted to accomplish no matter what.  Ever since Obama took office in 2009, the Republicans who simply hated its black president opposed everything he wanted to do up to and including allowing a foreign head of state ( Israel ) to address Congress on foreign policy, the duty of the president, without consulting The White House.

Rather than discuss Obama's accomplishments, a better matter would be dialogue over the republicans relentless undermining of efforts in America's best interest over spite, acts of treason to me by the hands of your lot.

Edited by BaySock

Russia?

Ukraine?

China?

The South China Sea?

The Middle East?

The Arab Spring?

Korea?

Northern Africa?

Guantanamo?

Where?

I'll give you Cuba, though that was hardly a challenge and he still did it only when he was packing to move out.

The Iran deal was an Executive Agreement and has no force of law, cannot be adequately inspected to ensure compliance (unless of course, you trust Obama blindly), and was never agreed to in the legislative.

Still waiting mrsmlh.

And if you break out the "The Republicans didn't..." or "Obama was black" silly card, I am going to ask you to show me what specific initiatives the GOP turned back.

I expect we will be here for a while.

:D   Read above just one above your waitin'.....  No explanation needed for your silly @zz request.  Hell, Trump's OCD efforts to undo or out do everything Obama has done to make himself appear to be better than O speaks volumes of Barack who was such the popular president when he departed than Trump will EVER be....  Trump's Wag The Dog 59 missile launches has move his rating up from an all time low to about 40%.....  List Trump's greatest accomplishments to support his self-proclaimed greatest ever first 100-days.  Oh, waitin'

Russia?

Ukraine?

China?

The South China Sea?

The Middle East?

The Arab Spring?

Korea?

Northern Africa?

Guantanamo?

Where?

Iran. Cuba. Europe. Mexico. Iraq and Afghanistan. And of course terrorism kept in check, ISIS beaten back, bin Laden killed. Green agreements.

Iran. Cuba. Europe. Mexico. Iraq and Afghanistan. And of course terrorism kept in check, ISIS beaten back, bin Laden killed. Green agreements.

I'll give you bin Laden.  I am at a loss to see success in any of your other examples.  Afghanistan and Iraq are still war zones, and arguably ISIS was born from Obama's premature withdrawal.  

Really?  I gave you Cuba already.  The folks in eastern Ukraine and Crimea, both part of Europe, likely don't share your positive view of our recent experience in Europe.  Neither do the Poles, who are clearly concerned.  Afghanistan and Iraq are a mess.  ISIS is still rocking and while they no longer have land, they still kill with impunity.  "Terrorism kept in check" is laughable.  Mexico still does nothing to stop illegal immigration north.  "Green" agreements have nothing to do with foreign policy and not much to do with environmental policy.  The world's two biggest polluters, China and India, have minimal responsibilities for the next several years.

So.  What else you got?

Really? I gave you Cuba already. The folks in eastern Ukraine and Crimea, both part of Europe, likely don't share your positive view of our recent experience in Europe. Neither do the Poles, who are clearly concerned. Afghanistan and Iraq are a mess. ISIS is still rocking and while they no longer have land, they still kill with impunity. "Terrorism kept in check" is laughable. Mexico still does nothing to stop illegal immigration north. "Green" agreements have nothing to do with foreign policy and not much to do with environmental policy. The world's two biggest polluters, China and India, have minimal responsibilities for the next several years.

So. What else you got?

I have you the list. Google these countries and Obama accomplishments.

You'll "give me" bin Laden? What the hell do I care what you "give me"?