Good job Jibaldo.

A winning road trip. I'll take it.

#42 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

16 O's Ks and UJ pitching, and the result is a win. Weird stuff.

Yeah like I said it was like stealing.  The good teams find a way.

#43 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

16 K's. 10 last night. Combined 5 runs scored and 26 strikeouts in the last two games

Well done UJ/ Hart/ Brach

The offense is maddening at times.  But a win is a win.  Brach a beast.  What was it like a 10 pitch save.  Love it.

#44 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,710 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

He earned the pie to the face.

#45 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

A lot of teams can't find one decent closer. We got one great one in Britton and another one that looks pretty darn good in Brach.  What a luxury.

#46 ncbirdfan

ncbirdfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

I think I must be dreaming. Jimenez pitched tonight? And the Orioles shut down the Reds? Unreal.

#47 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,863 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

The O's have been winning a lot of tight games even though the defense seems to be a little off (by their standards, maybe we've just been spoiled).

#48 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Good job Jibaldo.

A winning road trip. I'll take it.

Win tomorrow and this will be a very successful road trip and another series win

#49 Buford

Buford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

"The Turd" looked polished tonight!

Awesomeness - An unmeasurable amount of awesomenimity something can produce

#50 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,382 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

Hmmm.... Gausman pitches like Ubaldo. And then Ubaldo pitches like Bundy. Weird science.

#51 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,628 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

Given the pitching rotation, I figured a split of the first two Cincinnati games was the best-case scenario. It worked out that way, but not the manner in which I expected.

Good job by both Hart and Brach in relief tonight. Brach looked terrific in the closer role tonight, never falling behind in the count to any of the hitters he faced. They were saying on the telecast that he had something like 119 saves while in the San Diego system. Most of those came in the lower minors, but he does have experience getting those last three outs.

I would like to see a few less whifs than the 16 the Orioles piled up tonight.

#52 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

Smacking shills, homers, & trolls since 2009

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,610 posts
  • LocationDeep in the thoughts of mindless lemmings

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:28 AM

16 O's Ks and UJ pitching, and the result is a win. Weird stuff.

I guess it's games like that from UJ that tells the coaching staff he's got good enough stuff to keep him on the team. Weird is right.

#53 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

I guess it's games like that from UJ that tells the coaching staff he's got good enough stuff to keep him on the team. Weird is right.

You guys are exactly right and Buck pretty much said as much in his post game interview.  It was kind of funny, while he praised his effort last night, he couldn't help let a little frustration seep through UJ can't put this kind of performance together on a more consistent basis.  I'm paraphrasing, but that was my take away.

Regardless, a serviceable UJ makes this team so much stronger. You now have the option of moving Asher to the long role when Tilly comes back.  To me, Wilson/Nuno are big weak spots in long/middle relief. Asher could help fix that.

#54 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

Hmmm.... Gausman pitches like Ubaldo. And then Ubaldo pitches like Bundy. Weird science.

But that's what Ubaldo does.  Just when you think he's on the verge of being released, he throws one of those games where you just shake your head and go, "WHY can't this guy harness his talent and pitch like this every time out?"  The man has good stuff and always has but he just struggles with command.  Even last night he walked four.  He is what he is.  And as far as 16 Orioles striking out....you'll see that repeated several times before the year's out. 

#55 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

Both Buck and Dempsey really praised Castillo for the game he called last night for UJ.  It didn't work out the other night for Gausman, but Castillo seems to be doing a good job behind the plate.  Overall, the starting pitching has been pretty good with him behind the plate.  And he is hitting to boot.  Sure haven't heard many cries for Slow Bat Matt.  How in the heck would Arizona non tender this guy over 6 mil.

#56 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,120 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:06 AM

The problem is that he'll likely go full Ubaldo next start.

#57 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,704 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

I lost my feed around the 4th inning. I missed the best game he's ever pitched, or will ever pitch, for the O's

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#58 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

I lost my feed around the 4th inning. I missed the best game he's ever pitched, or will ever pitch, for the O's

Yeah you missed a flailing Offense too that racked up 16Ks.  Miracle win.

Edited by CROUSEMAN, 20 April 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#59 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,704 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

Yeah you missed a flailing Offense too that racked up 16Ks.  Miracle win.

I hear the Reds pitcher is pretty good. He has no track record, bit in 19 IPs, his stats are amazing. I'll give a pass for that. Flailing against Arroyo on the other hand...

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#60 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,265 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

UJ is an enigma for sure. When he's good, he is near unhittable. When bad, he's down 5-0 or 7-0 in the 2nd inning. There is no in-between. With that complicated Rube Goldberg delivery, one tiny step out-of-kilter destroys him.

Maybe Buck should have his walking papers typed up before each start. He seems to pitch well when he knows his career is in jeopardy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users