Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

Fox Replaces O'Reilly With a Guy Who Thinks It's Funny to Joke About Ejaculating on a Woman in Work Email

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts
  • LocationHarford County Maryland

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

Lost? Who said I was playing. I call it (Bull****) like I see it.

Then your vision is highly questionable. 

#82 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92,563 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

He didn't say retard, he said "doing something retarded".  It's this sort of PC nonsense that has made the left the wreck it currently is.  Who the hell made you guys the speech police?  If you are, you'd better start policing your own side because they are pretty damn offensive.

Lame.

Developmentally disabled eschew the term. Sorry that common decency is such a challenge for some people. Worse yet, people who should know better defend the term's use.
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#83 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,476 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Lame.

Developmentally disabled eschew the term. Sorry that common decency is such a challenge for some people. Worse yet, people who should know better defend the term's use.

There is nothing offensive about the term "mentally retarded" in a medical setting.  It has nothing to do with decency.  If somebody uses that term and you don't like it, I would suggest you not associate with them or cover your ears.  But that's not good enough for you little Napoleons.  No, people must be punished.  You're just totalitarian wannabes.  But, like I said, if you want to police vile speech you should start with your own side.  That ought to keep you busy for years.

Edited by veritas, 23 April 2017 - 05:53 PM.

Ne Nuntium Necare

#84 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

Higher Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,586 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, Maryland

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

There is nothing offensive about the term "mentally retarded" in a medical setting.  It has nothing to do with decency.  If somebody uses that term and you don't like it, I would suggest you not associate with them or cover your ears.  But that's not good enough for you little Napoleons.  No, people must be punished.  You're just wannabe totalitarians.

There most certainly is.

...which is why it's no longer used in a medical setting... ...by modern professionals, anyway.

'Developmentally different' or 'developmentally disabled' are the terms used today, because they more adequately describe the conditions.

Your type just wants validation to insult 'others'.

Well, your time has passed.  The 'different' are sticking up for themselves.

Call us what you will, but it is YOU that are rapidly becoming obsolete.

Why do YOU insist on using it?

#85 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,476 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

There most certainly is.

...which is why it's no longer used in a medical setting... ...by modern professionals, anyway.

'Developmentally different' or 'developmentally disabled' are the terms used today, because they more adequately describe the conditions.

You just think you can kow everyone with preachy PC nonsense.  I insulted nobody.  I took hst2 to task for the same type of self righteous blowhardism that you are demonstrating.  If doctors don't want to use the term, fine, but layman can certainly use it as a descriptive term among themselves.  What are you going to do about it other than posture and pretend moral superiority?

Ne Nuntium Necare

#86 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

Higher Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,586 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:19 PM

You just think you can kow everyone with preachy PC nonsense.  I insulted nobody.  I took hst2 to task for the same type of self righteous blowhardism that you are demonstrating.  If doctors don't want to use the term, fine, but layman can certainly use it as a descriptive term among themselves.  What are you going to do about it other than posture and pretend moral superiority?

It always amazes me how stubbornly some stick to offensive behavior.

Breeding?

Upbringing?

Environment toxins in utero?

What the fxxk is in it for you?

#87 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

Lame.

I guess you never had to retard the spark to set the proper timing on your car. That you jump on a word just out of political correctness is asinine. 

#88 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

There most certainly is.

Political correctness speech police are exactly what Veritas called them - totallitarian wannabees and little Napoleons. Words can be used in a variety of ways. The words retard and retarded are perfectly acceptable words in the English language. So is jerk. As in "he turned with a jerk" in The Night Before Christmas. Maybe you sanitize that when reading it to your kids?

Word police gurus are generally anal - like the ones who set up the system here that won't let you type Richad Van Lesbian's name properly and make it come out like **** Van ****. 

#89 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

Higher Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,586 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

Political correctness speech police are exactly what Veritas called them - totallitarian wannabees and little Napoleons. Words can be used in a variety of ways. The words retard and retarded are perfectly acceptable words in the English language. So is jerk. As in "he turned with a jerk" in The Night Before Christmas. Maybe you sanitize that when reading it to your kids?

Word police gurus are generally anal - like the ones who set up the system here that won't let you type Richad Van Lesbian's name properly and make it come out like **** Van ****. 

You win the 'derp, derp' answer.

#90 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

You win the 'derp, derp' answer.

Hey, as John Harbaugh says, a win is a win, even if it's ugly.  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users