50 replies to this topic

#41 downunder

downunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

Not that wrong? In alternative fact land maybe.

I had to look it up but in 2003 there were 15.7 million Italian Americans, between 1990 and 2000 there was an increase of over 1 million Italian immigrants. If the same rate of immigration continued in the last 14 years, there would be over 17 million Italian immigrants now. Granted they won't have all be born in Italy.

I'm not defending Trump, but this thread seems to be grasping at straws for a ***** about Trump.

https://www.osia.org.../IA_Profile.pdf

#42 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

I literally almost spit out my drink laughing when I saw a clip of him saying this... there is really something wrong with this man-child

Or.... Trump, the Manchurian candidate...is a Russian plan elected to destroy the US from within;

https://www.nytimes....idate.html?_r=0

Fundamentally, however, someone like Trump does not get elected unless there are a LOT of really dumb and/ or partisan voters in this country.

#43 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,605 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

I had to look it up but in 2003 there were 15.7 million Italian Americans, between 1990 and 2000 there was an increase of over 1 million Italian immigrants. If the same rate of immigration continued in the last 14 years, there would be over 17 million Italian immigrants now. Granted they won't have all be born in Italy.

I'm not defending Trump, but this thread seems to be grasping at straws for a ***** about Trump.

https://www.osia.org.../IA_Profile.pdf

If they weren't born in Italy, how are they immigrants? Americans born here of Italian descent aren't immigrants for God's sake.

Trump said 18 Americans were born in Italy.

Think about it. We have about 42MM immigrants (to be clear, BORN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY), kind of common knowledge. And roughly half are Latino. So the remainder, say 21 million, 18 million of those are from Italy? Come on.

Edited by ms maggie, 21 April 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#44 downunder

downunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

If they weren't born in Italy, how are they immigrants? Americans born here of Italian descent aren't immigrants for God's sake.

Trump said 18 Americans were born in Italy.

Think about it. We have about 42MM immigrants (to be clear, BORN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY), kind of common knowledge. And roughly half are Latino. So the remainder, say 21 million, 18 million of those are from Italy? Come on.

Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word immigrant it should have been Italian Americans (which is how they describe themselves)

I understand what he said and that it's not accurate but I still don't think it's that big of an overstatement by Trump.

I'm actually surprised the number of immigrants in the US is so low.

#45 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,476 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

It is kind of sad that posters I disagreed with but respected, have been reduced to trolls since November.  

They talked constantly of Obama Derangement Syndrome but that was like a head cold compared to the current hysteria which is along the lines of ebola.  The left has become utterly unhinged.  Of course, it does gives us a chance to see their true colors.

BTW, has this guy been fired yet?  If not, why not?  Seems the usual double standard is at work.

http://www.mrctv.org...be-assassinated

Edited by veritas, 21 April 2017 - 11:00 AM.

Ne Nuntium Necare

#46 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,354 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

Or.... Trump, the Manchurian candidate...is a Russian plan elected to destroy the US from within;

https://www.nytimes....idate.html?_r=0

Fundamentally, however, someone like Trump does not get elected unless there are a LOT of really dumb and/ or partisan voters in this country.

Yeah, a Russian plan.  Not sure why they didn't pull for Hillbillary and just write a check for ownership of the entire DC area.  LOL.  You people are such a hoot.  

Edited by jdsample, 21 April 2017 - 11:43 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#47 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,605 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word immigrant it should have been Italian Americans (which is how they describe themselves)

I understand what he said and that it's not accurate but I still don't think it's that big of an overstatement by Trump.

I'm actually surprised the number of immigrants in the US is so low.

It's a huge overstatement. Is it a big deal? No, but indicative of his mental sloppiness.

#48 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, a Russian plan.  Not sure why they didn't pull for Hillbillary and just write a check for ownership of the entire DC area.  LOL.  You people are such a hoot.

Are you still nodding off from your multi-month nap. Stop the "medical" weed for a bit, to help clear the haze in your brain....

Putin despises Hillary, and they have pics of Trump doing the nasty.

I guess that should have been our first clue?

Edited by SmarterThanYou, 21 April 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#49 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,354 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

Are you still nodding off from your multi-month nap. Stop the "medical" weed for a bit, to help clear the haze in your brain....

Putin despises Hillary, and they have pics of Trump doing the nasty.

I guess that should have been our first clue?

LOL.  Be careful with those opioid overdoses.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#50 BaySock

BaySock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:14 AM

LOL.  Be careful with those opioid overdoses.  

It will have you still thinking Clinton had no Senate impeachment trial despite being shown the C-Span video and told the vote....  And that you had without the OD.

Edited by BaySock, 22 April 2017 - 06:14 AM.

#51 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

It is kind of sad that posters I disagreed with but respected, have been reduced to trolls since November.

:lol: :lol: :rolleyes:....the nerve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users