johnpolitics

Larry Hogan Sr., father to governor, dies

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/state/bs-md-hogan-father-stroke-20170420-story.html

Former Rep. Lawrence Hogan Sr., the 88-year-old father to the governor, suffered massive stroke Saturday and his conditioned worsened considerably Thursday.

The governor canceled his public schedule to be at the bedside of his father, who was close friend and political mentor, the governor's spokesman said.

Hogan Sr. was the first Republican congressman to call for the impeachment of President Richard Nixon in 1974, and the only member of the GOP member of the House Judiciary Committee to vote for all three articles of impeachment.

Edited by johnpolitics

My thoughts are with him and the governor.

It is likely some comfort that he witnessed his son rising to the top of MD politics. A life seemingly well-lived even before that. My thoughts are also with the Hogan family.

"At 10:24 tonight, an American hero, and the man that I am most proud of, passed away. He had an amazing life that spanned 88 years," Hogan wrote. "He leaves behind a loving family, countless friends and admirers, and a lasting legacy that won't be forgotten."

Condolences to Governor Hogan and his family. 

Condolences to the Governor. He is a great man so I assume his father was as well.

I will be at my own father's service tomorrow. It's never easy. No matter what the age of your parent was.

Condolences to the Governor. He is a great man so I assume his father was as well.

I will be at my own father's service tomorrow. It's never easy. No matter what the age of your parent was.

Condolences to you, demo.

Thank you.  My brother Pericles is with me (for any old timers out there)

Sorry to hear that demo and I do remember Pericles.  

Condolences on your loss. Been there, done that too for both of my parents. You are correct, it's never easy.

Though you and I have major differences, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your dad. In the grand scheme of things, politics mean nothing when compared to family.

My sympathies to you and Pericles, demopublican.  Hang in there.

Thank you all.  I didn't mean to steal the Governor's thread.  

Sorry to hear about your dad ......

It is likely some comfort that he witnessed his son rising to the top of MD politics. A life seemingly well-lived even before that. ...

Back when morals were something more than griping & whining.

Sorry to hear about your dad ......

Thank you  Eastside.  I could not help but to peek at your post.  

Thank you Eastside. I could not help but to peek at your post.

Well that's the real world .....

This isn't ......