Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dshawg1

Acquino Starts Sat

14 posts in this topic

Looking forward to seeing Aquino as well. Here's hoping he has a performance similar to another newbie, Asher.

That will be our first game this year so I'm hoping he does well for selfish reasons.

Why not Asher?

Why not Asher?

Yeah I was thinking same. Buck had said a couple weeks ago the fifth starter was going to be a moving part and he would play the match-ups with the guys he had available.  I'm guessing the Sox don't hit LH pitching as well???   I hope the ole Buckeroo hasn't outsmarted himself.  With the stuff Asher had last time, it didn't matter which side of the plate you were swinging from.  You know DD and Buck love to play checkers.  And that darn bus from Norfolk needs some work too.

Yeah I was thinking same. Buck had said a couple weeks ago the fifth starter was going to be a moving part and he would play the match-ups with the guys he had available.  I'm guessing the Sox don't hit LH pitching as well???   I hope the ole Buckeroo hasn't outsmarted himself.  With the stuff Asher had last time, it didn't matter which side of the plate you were swinging from.  You know DD and Buck love to play checkers.  And that darn bus from Norfolk needs some work too.

It will definitely be interesting how this plays out.

It will definitely be interesting how this plays out.

No pressure. All he has to do is come in, pitch 7 or 8 innings, and give up 1 ER. No biggie.

:D

Is Asher still on roster???  If so, I feel pretty good that he will be ready for long relief if needed. 

Is Asher still on roster??? If so, I feel pretty good that he will be ready for long relief if needed.

Yes, Asher remains on the active roster. Like others here, I am puzzled that he's not getting the nod given that he did more than enough to earn another start.

Yes, Asher remains on the active roster. Like others here, I am puzzled that he's not getting the nod given that he did more than enough to earn another start.

I think it's more of a matchup issue than anything else. Buck probably prefers Aquino to match up against Boston's lefty bats.

Posted (edited)

Tall order. Let's see how he does.

Edited by Slidemaster

Well, 6 innings, 2 ER. Not too far off. I would like to have seen a better strikes/balls ratio, but he pitched well enough to earn a win.

Overall a good outing by Aquino, but he also got away with a few mistakes. At least now he has a reference point for which pitches worked and which ones didn't. He also did well to pitch out of jams several times. He also didn't have one clean inning but Boston was unable to capitalize.

I am still overseas but followed via twitter, thanks for posting your thoughts mdrunning.

I saw Tillman said he felt good but got hit a bit. Sounds to be they are set on him starting next to around.