Struds

Will Miley Make Us Smile?

82 posts in this topic

This is a different pitcher than what I saw last year.

Well, that's a good thing, right? Improvement.

Oh yeah. Big time.

Thought so. But on this board improvement isn't always necessarily seen as a good thing. LOL.

Thought so. But on this board improvement isn't always necessarily seen as a good thing. LOL.

Everything better. Control, pitching down in zone and velocity up.  He hit 93 in the 8th.  He could barely break 90 last year , ever.

Do you have to credit the pitching coach or is it too early?

I was certainly thinking that. And maybe even the catcher change. Who knows?

Everything better. Control, pitching down in zone and velocity up.  He hit 93 in the 8th.  He could barely break 90 last year , ever.

Yeah. It seemed for real, not just a fluke.

And the way Brach is pitching it might not be automatic for Britton to return as the closer. I think it'll depend on how hurt he really is. A healthy Brach is better than an iffy Britton. Brach looks very serious in mowing down everyone he faces. That's what you want in a reliever.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

And the way Brach is pitching it might not be automatic for Britton to return as the closer. Brach looks very serious in mowing down everyone he faces. That's what you want in a reliever.

I thought the same. He is not hesitant. He attacks from the first pitch and wastes no time between pitches. He looks strong.