Struds

Will Miley Make Us Smile?

82 posts in this topic

Nice road trip. 6-3?

Well, unless you think it was boring. Or rag on how bad the hitters hit.

;)

Yeah these last two wins were gutty.  Man when you pull out those kind of wins, it may be your year.

No drama Brach again.  Count me as impressed with this guy.

Well, unless you think it was boring. Or rag on how bad the hitters hit.

;)

LOL!!  The hitters were pretty bad, but its all about winning.  Orioles going old school.  You can win and score 2 runs a game :) 

As a practicing pessimist, I'm looking for a reason to doubt the Orioles.

But the hell with that. I've had a hard week, and I've had several adult beverages, and I'm gonna indulge meself in some optimism. This is the good stuff:

If Miley and UJ can echo the kind of dominance they've shown the past two nights, then right there the biggest concern about the Orioles -- the rotation -- is a bit .... tempered. If the biggest worry in the nonce is whether Gausman can command his off-speed stuff, then I'd say we're not too bad off.

BB looks like he's ready to be a closer. Get Zach back, and you've got the 21st century version of the Yankees in the 90s, with Rivera and Wetteland.

Schoop's pitch recognition seems better to me. Of course, that a totally subjective judgement and is probably wrong. But what if ...

Hardy's days as a 20 HR guy may be over, but that doesn't mean he's not a serviceable bat out of the 9 (well, tonight, 8) hole. He made good contact on that 1-2 to drive in what turned out to be the winning run. Maybe it wouldn't wow Statcast, but it got the job done.

Manny isn't exactly setting MLB on fire so far. Yet the O's still have the best record in baseball.

Taking 2 of 3 from the Reds, who are (were) dong well, playing BS NL rules, after getting blown out the first game when your (ostensibly) best pitcher of the series got rocked, makes the choir sing in tune.

I have no hope for Ubaldo. I'm not letting that clown sucker me in. Miley however might actually be better this year.

There is a wide gulf between hope...and faith. I have hope in UJ. Faith? That's a horse of a different color! :P

Miley's basically a slop pitcher that has to have almost perfect command to be effective.  So far, he's done a good job with that but I'm not too confident that's going to last long term.  Still, every win counts and outside of Gausman imploding on Tuesday, the pitching was great in this series. 

I didn't get to see any of the game, but it looked like another dynamic pitching performance. Go Orioles!

In the two innings I saw him pitch, Miley was masterful. 

Well, his line is 11 strikeouts, only one walk and only two hits in 8 innings. That kind of line doesn't come cheap. Let's hope the pitching continues to be good and that the bats start coming to life.

Well, his line is 11 strikeouts, only one walk and only two hits in 8 innings. That kind of line doesn't come cheap. Let's hope the pitching continues to be good and that the bats start coming to life.

Fortunately for all of us, the start of this season has seen the opposite trend of 2016. Last year, the bats would put up 6 runs, and the pitching would give up 8. Then the pitching would only allow 2 runs, and the bats could only score 1.  

Fortunately for all of us, the start of this season has seen the opposite trend of 2016. Last year, the bats would put up 6 runs, and the pitching would give up 8. Then the pitching would only allow 2 runs, and the bats could only score 1.

Last year, like the previous four, the latter happened a lot more than the former.

Yes, like I said earlier, it makes a huge difference when the end results are wins. And IMO this will help the team down the stretch and they should win more games that they would have lost last year. Hopefully, everyone remains healthy and players like Machado can get out of their funks. And, please, please allow Joseph to finally get an RBI.

He smoked it last night.  Besides only giving up 2 hits, the one walk shows he was in total control. Awesome.

He smoked it last night.  Besides only giving up 2 hits, the one walk shows he was in total control. Awesome.

And the bullpen didn't miss a beat with Brach closing it out the way a good closer should close out a game. It was a game that gave me some confidence in the team as a whole, and hopefully the players came away with some boosted confidence as well. Sometimes, when hitters feel less pressure to go out every night and put up 5+ runs, they relax and start hitting better. We'll see about that part.

Early happy hour on Friday???? Great idea!

Definitely had a few last night, still clouding my judgment this morning I guess

Edited by BayAreaBmore