Struds

Will Miley Make Us Smile?

82 posts in this topic

And the bullpen didn't miss a beat with Brach closing it out the way a good closer should close out a game. It was a game that gave me some confidence in the team as a whole, and hopefully the players came away with some boosted confidence as well. Sometimes, when hitters feel less pressure to go out every night and put up 5+ runs, they relax and start hitting better. We'll see about that part.

I wondered if Buck shouldn't have used Givens, instead of Brach. Brach pitched the night before, and he's likely to be needed tonight. Givens is really reliable, seems like a great way to allow him to show that he can succeed in that type of situation.

I wondered if Buck shouldn't have used Givens, instead of Brach. Brach pitched the night before, and he's likely to be needed tonight. Givens is really reliable, seems like a great way to allow him to show that he can succeed in that type of situation.

The announcers made it clear that if the game were tied they'd bring in Givens, and if it were a save situation they'd bring in Brach. And that's how it played out. Personally, I don't have the same confidence in a converted infielder to close out a game as I do in Brach. But that's just me.

Ubaldo + Miley = Palmer + Cuellar

Arnold Palmer and Henry Cueller?

The announcers made it clear that if the game were tied they'd bring in Givens, and if it were a save situation they'd bring in Brach. And that's how it played out. Personally, I don't have the same confidence in a converted infielder to close out a game as I do in Brach. But that's just me.

Sound reasoning

Yeah I wanted Brach if we were ahead. And it worked for Buck as I think Brach only threw in the low 20s in pitches total for both saves. Super efficient.  He should be available tonight if needed with that light workload.  My thought was you have to throw your best out there to close that game.  You couldn't waste that effort from Miley. Plus I would argue Brach is the hottest reliever in baseball.

Now hear this,... Now hear this! Ok guys I've search all over the web for a local baseball re-lacing pro for my son,... got his 1st base mitt spiked in yesterday's high school game. A Rawlings HOH. All I could google up were bowling pro shops, and the usual chain sporting goods stores like Modell's! But no luck finding any masters of the craft. Familiar with the 3 highly recommended online pros, but we don't have the luxury of time,... shipping to and fro and actual work time.

So this is a Hail Mary of sorts, hoping some of you sports fans in here might know of a local re-lace pro that could take in a semi-emergency!

Admin,... please excuse this intrusion, but we're desperate. Thanks!  Still beat Woodlawn High 26-4!

Over performing big time. Likely there will be regression to the norm (suckage). Regardless of what Buck says, make Joseph his personal catcher!!!