Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Rep. Chairman Roe thinks GI's should pay for their GI Bill benefits!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

If you haven't heard, Rep. Chairman Phil Roe has sponsored a bill that will charge new recruits $100 per month for up to 2 years. So that when separated from the military the soldier can collect GI benefits.

These benefits have been more or less 'part of the agreement' since WW2 and if you include the Veterans administration since the Civil war.

You can't make this stuff up.....read this. Contact your reps raise hxll.

This is ridiculous, men and women putting their lives on the line to be nickel and dime-ed by some Axx hole politician!!!!

Call... write....raise hxll....pass it on.

http://www.theroot.c...gi-b-1794449073

Yeah.... Guido is super HOT! What a jerk

Edited by Guido2, 20 April 2017 - 07:20 PM.

#2 MiddleOfTheRoad

MiddleOfTheRoad

Among the thinking people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

If you haven't heard, Rep. Chairman Phil Roe has sponsored a bill that will charge new recruits $100 per month for up to 2 years. So that when separated from the military the soldier can collect GI benefits.

These benefits have been more or less 'part of the agreement' since WW2 and if you include the Veterans administration since the Civil war.

This is ridiculous, men and women putting their lives on the line to be nickel and dime-ed by some Axx hole politician!!!!

I'm not as opposed to it as you are for this reason; if the recruit knows going in that this condition, this cost, exists, the recruit needs to use that in making his/her decision to serve.

#3 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,710 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

If the military can have free health care why can't everyone MEDICARE FOR ALL!

#4 BaySock

BaySock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

I could be wrong but I believe this is the same quack who was out front of the DOA heath care repeal / replace effort.  And now he is sponsoring yet another DOA effort.

#5 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,578 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

When I signed up for the GI Bill in 2005 it was $100 a month for 1 year. I can't even begin to express how worth it that was. I would gladly give them another $1200.

#6 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,245 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

After they take this money, they will figure out a way not to pay it out when needed.

Just like pensions, mark my words.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#7 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

I'm not as opposed to it as you are for this reason; if the recruit knows going in that this condition, this cost, exists, the recruit needs to use that in making his/her decision to serve.

Yes I totally agree that the recruit has to make an informed decision. That is provided the recruit is fully informed. As we have seen in a few cases recruiters are not necessarily forthcoming in the details of military life.

But what irks me most is with all the f'n flag waving and 'we got your backs' by the Reps to the military to pull this? SMDH

#8 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

If the military can have free health care why can't everyone MEDICARE FOR ALL!

John you are either kidding or being sarcastic or a moron.

Which it is before I go on. I hope I am reading between the lines as to what you wrote is sarcasm.

#9 MiddleOfTheRoad

MiddleOfTheRoad

Among the thinking people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Yes I totally agree that the recruit has to make an informed decision. That is provided the recruit is fully informed. As we have seen in a few cases recruiters are not necessarily forthcoming in the details of military life.
But what irks me most is with all the f'n flag waving and 'we got your backs' by the Reps to the military to pull this? SMDH

Forty years ago, when I joined, there was less access to critical information and less means of verification. If an 18 year old is uninformed now, it is because they choose to be, typically thru indifference

#10 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:46 AM

I could be wrong but I believe this is the same quack who was out front of the DOA heath care repeal / replace effort.  And now he is sponsoring yet another DOA effort.

Yup I checked .... one in the same http://roe.house.gov...es/health-care/

My wife made a very astute observation and said Maybe I am wrong, but it sure seems an awful lot of jerk politicians come from the south. A keen observer of the social condition my wife. :D

I wonder... is it the water....too many cousins marrying cousins... what? But you have to admit now that we are in Trump-world they are crawling out of the woodwork just like the cockroaches they are.

#11 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

When I signed up for the GI Bill in 2005 it was $100 a month for 1 year. I can't even begin to express how worth it that was. I would gladly give them another $1200.

To be honest Jimmy I wasn't aware of this 100 for a year thing. I was a child of the 70's. Was that strictly for Education? Is that in place now? Something else?

Sorry there aren't any young military to talk to in my circle.

Thanks!

#12 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

After they take this money, they will figure out a way not to pay it out when needed.

Just like pensions, mark my words.

You know Cal sometimes I really like you ..... you are cynical like me. ;)

I thought exactly the same thing.

#13 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Forty years ago, when I joined, there was less access to critical information and less means of verification. If an 18 year old is uninformed now, it is because they choose to be, typically thru indifference

As I said I am not arguing that point at all.

#14 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:54 AM

The same plan was in place from 1984 thru 2008. I didn't realize this until I started poking around the internets. It was called the Montgomery G.I. Bill. Named for the congressman who wrote it.

I know when I was in, there was no charge. 

Edited by FatBoy, 21 April 2017 - 09:54 AM.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users