Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AttackPlanR

The International Church of Cannabis

10 posts in this topic

How does a former bible quiz champion raised in an evangelical Pentecostal church find his way into founding a church centered on cannabis?....

..But the church contends it’s not a social pot club. While the state isn’t pursuing pot club regulations, Denver still is. Voters in November approved public use of marijuana in permitted businesses. Details are still in the works. The International Church of Cannabis agreed to make events invite-only. The city won’t shut down the church as long as events stay private, said Dan Rowland, spokesman for Denver’s Department of Excise and Licenses. 

“Marijuana consumption as a sacrament or some sort of religious right does not prohibit the city from enforcing its valid and neutral laws against open and public consumption of marijuana,” he points out.

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/at-denver-s-international-church-of-cannabis-prophets-arent-the-point

Legal in Colorado, but not on federal lands in Colorado. Now someone is throwing religion into the mix.

Interesting.....

Posted (edited)

What an awesome to debate to even have. I think I might need to start looking for a job in Colorado.

Edited by Marshan Man

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/at-denver-s-international-church-of-cannabis-prophets-arent-the-point

Legal in Colorado, but not on federal lands in Colorado. Now someone is throwing religion into the mix.

Interesting.....

Adding in religion will be a problem for the state of Colorado, for them cannabis is a cash crop.

http://time.com/4037604/colorado-marijuana-tax-revenue/

So what? The rastas have been doing it for ages.

New spin on an old trick. ;)

I think I saw JD coming out of the "church". Not positive it was him, because there was a cloud of smoke surrounding his head.

No....it was me and my halo. :D

Posted (edited)

I think I saw JD coming out of the "church". Not positive it was him, because there was a cloud of smoke surrounding his head.

No, that wasn't me.  I belong to the religion in Hawaii that has 12 members and received a tax-free donation of a 50-foot ocean-going sailboat.  Our use of pakalolo is a strictly held secret among members.  

Edited by jdsample

No, that wasn't me.  I belong to the religion in Hawaii that has 12 members and received a tax-free donation of a 50-foot ocean-going sailboat.  Our use of pakalolo is a strictly held secret among members.

What's the difference between a cult and a religion?

The number of members.

:D

What's the difference between a cult and a religion?

The number of members.

:D

You are correct sir.