Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Sessions Dismisses Hawaii Judge in Travel Ban Case as ‘Sitting on an Island in the Pacific’

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,794 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

What an evil unfit bigot Sessions is. This is how the rule of law gets perverted.   

Matthew Miller, a former Department of Justice spokesperson in the Obama administration, called the comment “an extraordinary attack on a federal judge's right to do his job by a sitting AG.”

“Completely inappropriate,” Miller tweeted.

“Someone please tell Sessions that Hawaii is a state,” Chelsea Clinton replied. “An American in Hawaii is as American as one from Alabama. Or Indiana.” The latter part of her comment appeared to be a reference to Trump's attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel, an Indiana-born judge who oversaw a pair of California lawsuits against Trump University.

The Justice Department followed up later Thursday with a statement defending Sessions' remark.

http://www.politico....-pacific-237412

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#2 BaySock

BaySock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:41 AM

Come on, you expected something different out of lil napolean beauregard!!!!!  His head is so far up Trump's rump that it would take a tow truck to pull ole Jefferson out.

#3 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92,563 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

He is a racist pig.

It is astounding that an attorney general would call out a federal judge.

I blame the Senate. It had already dejected him for a judge ship because of his racism. So now they confirm him as attorney general.
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#4 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

He reminds me of Dennis the Menace. 

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#5 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,381 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

He also called NYC "soft on crime"
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#6 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

I am getting a bit worried that Trumps and his minions are showing signs of dementia or something along those lines.

Trump; talking about what has been going on for decades, doesn't realize that there have been 3 NK presidents and doesn't mention the name(s) substituting 'Gentleman' puuuuhhhhhleessee. That is a brain fart filler if I ever heard one.

Yah maybe Obama, the Bush's and Clinton messed up and lied. But at least the did it with class and not sounded like a Jr. High dropout from the Bronx. Sorry Bronx abut the implication.

Sessions; 'that island' another brain fart..... dude it is Hawaii.

Spicer; 'Holocaust centers'? :rolleyes: Not once but several times. News bulletin to Spicer 'engage brain before starting mouth'. OOOooopppssss my bad...no brain. Well maybe....a parrots.

Tillerson; Doesn't say 'jack' for weeks. Then he opens his mouth and he sounds like something from a 1960's Sgt Rock (DC comics) comic book. Then he doesn't even know where a frk'n entire Carrier fleet is.

But in his defense. Most everyone else in the Admin didn't either. :o  I dunno about you ... I lose socks, I misplace sunglasses, I may for a minute or two forget where I parked my car BUT A FLEET? That is like me not knowing where my house is....only worse....my house isn't nuc equipped. :lol:

And these are supposedly the best of the best? :huh:

Show of hands...who of you thinks you could do a better job,at least at speaking than these three axx wipes? I got my hand up. :lol:

Edited by Guido2, 21 April 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#7 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,009 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

Sessions is 100% correct, Hawaii is quite insulated from the effects of illegal immigration. It's very easy for them to  be all for it.  

#8 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,381 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

Sessions is 100% correct, Hawaii is quite insulated from the effects of illegal immigration. It's very easy for them to be all for it.

The Travel Ban has nothing to do with Illegal Immigration
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#9 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:41 PM

Sessions is a Jim Crow era white cracker from Selma, Alabama. What else would you expect from someone that heralds from a backwards state?

#10 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

Rosa Parks was from Alabama.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#11 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

Rosa Parks was from Alabama.

Yes, and playing for the other side.

Your point?

#12 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

Judge Watson was appointed during the Obama admin. Sessions voted yes for his confirmation. 

#13 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Judge Watson was appointed during the Obama admin. Sessions voted yes for his confirmation. 

OK then, he's not a white cracker.

LOL.

Keep coming with the examples. Glad you're a supporter.

Edited by SmarterThanYou, 21 April 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#14 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Yes, and playing for the other side.

Your point?

I don't have a point. I was simply responding on your comment about low expectations for people from Alabama. 

Hank Aaron was also from Alabama.

#15 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

OK then, he's not a white cracker.

LOL.

Keep coming with the examples. Glad you're a supporter.

I don't know why you think I'm a supporter. I was pointing out the irony. 

#16 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

Link?

#17 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

I don't have a point. I was simply responding on your comment about low expectations for people from Alabama. 
Hank Aaron was also from Alabama.

...and that proves what? That because 0.00001% (or whatever) of the population have gone on to do good things, that should change my - overall - opinion about Alabama?

Yes, I realize that there are good people, good places in every state. Alabama included.

Edited by SmarterThanYou, 21 April 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#18 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

I don't know why you think I'm a supporter. I was pointing out the irony. 

Irony about what...that because you have a few examples of good people from Alabama, that somehow negates Sessions past, or the racist past of Alabama - as a whole?

Edited by SmarterThanYou, 21 April 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#19 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,224 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Irony about what...that because you have a few examples of good people from Alabama, that somehow negates Sessions past, or the racist past of Alabama - as a whole?

No. Some people, myself included, would find it ironic that Sessions voted in favor of the appointment of the judge he is now complaining about. 

#20 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

No. Some people, myself included, would find it ironic that Sessions voted in favor of the appointment of the judge he is now complaining about. 

OK, fair enough. I was not aware that he voted for him. Yes, I agree, very ironic.

The language used was what I was most surprised about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users