Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

Trump Threatens to Shut Government To Force Dems to Pay for Wall He Said Mexico Would Pay For

333 posts in this topic

So we are going to spend 12 billion dollars on a wall that can be defeated with 30 dollar ladder? Doesn't make sense to me. 

$12-Billion!!!!!!   Get it quick before it goes off sale as I heard it was $20-Billion and Mexico is paying for it.....

Posted (edited)

I'm thinking anyone this side of Trotsky isn't liberal in your view. :D We have the highest corporate taxes in the world. Why do you think all that money stays offshore? That is hardly because of right wing policies. As for government being in bed with corporations, that has to do with graft and greed, an equal opportunity moral failure.

Many companies don't pay nearly that rate thanks to the many loopholes.

Government is in bed with corporations due, in no small part, to a conservative Supreme Court that jettisoned campaign finance reform.

While it is true that I would prefer liberals to be more progressive, the Democrats did add regulations to Wall St,, tepid though they were. However, Republicans seem to feel that the government being in bed with corporations is the natural order of things.

Edited by hst2

Many companies don't pay nearly that rate thanks to the many loopholes.

Government is in bed with corporations due, in no small part, to a conservative Supreme Court that jettisoned campaign finance reform.

Or maybe because government has seen fit to subsidize them in return for who knows what.  Way too much taxpayer money flows out of Washington to parts unknown and into pockets unseen.  That has been going on for a long time.

....not for just guards to cover 2,000 miles.

To be fair we already have 700 miles of fence and wall existing. The rio grande is essentially impassable at many points.this wall will put American communities outside the wall.

The guard increase is needed, wall or not. That doesn't mean that a substantial barrier wouldn't provide added deterence to people trying to enter illegally. At a minimum, the most vulnerable areas should have better physical obstructions than they have now.

I agree with the last statement but not the whole part. In some places a wall is bad for Americans!

So, in other words, we shouldn't compare Trump's first hundred days to FDR's because FDR was dealt a much tougher hand in regards to the country than Trump was? Who's the one seeking special treatment here?

Didn't Trump make the FDR comparison to begin with.

He has fancied himself as another Andrew Jackson, which is accurate, but not good.

Some of his supporters have, with regard to Japanese internment.