Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Children of Islamic State members are stuck in limbo

14 posts in this topic

AP:

Hundreds of children fathered by the Islamic State's foreign fighters or brought to the self-proclaimed caliphate by their parents are now imprisoned or in limbo with nowhere to go, collateral victims as the militant group retreats and home countries hesitate to take them back.

One young Tunisian orphan, Tamim Jaboudi, has been in a prison in Tripoli, Libya, for well over a year. He passed his second birthday behind bars and is nearing another, turning 3 on April 30. His parents, both Tunisians who left home to join the Islamic State group, died in American airstrikes in Libya in February 2016, according to the child's grandfather, who is trying to win the child's return.

Tamim now lives among two dozen Tunisian women and their children in Tripoli's Mitiga prison, raised by a woman who herself willingly joined the Islamic State group. The captives are under guard by a militia that tightly controls access to the group despite repeatedly claiming they have no interest in preventing their return home.

"What is this young child's sin that he is in jail with criminals?" asked Faouzi Trabelsi, the boy's grandfather who has traveled twice to Libya to see the boy and twice returned home emptyhanded. "If he grows up there, what kind of attitude will he have toward his homeland?"

https://apnews.com/4835570826d94c039a710019f77f036e/Babies-of-the-IS-caliphate-languish-in-limbo,-prison?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

I can't imagine that raising kids in a prison is a good for these kids' development

AP:

Hundreds of children fathered by the Islamic State's foreign fighters or brought to the self-proclaimed caliphate by their parents are now imprisoned or in limbo with nowhere to go, collateral victims as the militant group retreats and home countries hesitate to take them back.

One young Tunisian orphan, Tamim Jaboudi, has been in a prison in Tripoli, Libya, for well over a year. He passed his second birthday behind bars and is nearing another, turning 3 on April 30. His parents, both Tunisians who left home to join the Islamic State group, died in American airstrikes in Libya in February 2016, according to the child's grandfather, who is trying to win the child's return.

Tamim now lives among two dozen Tunisian women and their children in Tripoli's Mitiga prison, raised by a woman who herself willingly joined the Islamic State group. The captives are under guard by a militia that tightly controls access to the group despite repeatedly claiming they have no interest in preventing their return home.

"What is this young child's sin that he is in jail with criminals?" asked Faouzi Trabelsi, the boy's grandfather who has traveled twice to Libya to see the boy and twice returned home emptyhanded. "If he grows up there, what kind of attitude will he have toward his homeland?"

https://apnews.com/4835570826d94c039a710019f77f036e/Babies-of-the-IS-caliphate-languish-in-limbo,-prison?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

I can't imagine that raising kids in a prison is a good for these kids' development

cant imagine being the child of two islamic terrorists and now being raised by an islamic terrorist is good either

cant imagine being the child of two islamic terrorists and now being raised by an islamic terrorist is good either

so what's the solution?

Of course the example used would a be a child whose parents were killed by a us air strike ....

Of course the example used would a be a child whose parents were killed by a us air strike ....

What's your problem with that? Is the US not prosecuting a war against ISIS?

What's your problem with that? Is the US not prosecuting a war against ISIS?

Typical anti US bias .....

Facts are biased

Lol, not when they fit your agenda .....

Lol, not when they fit your agenda .....

There are plenty of posters on this forum with an agenda. I'm not one of them

I have a couple. I'll lend you one.

Not.Our.Problem

Soulflower made a funny ...