Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norman

Trump scoffs at 100-day mark as 'ridiculous standard'

34 posts in this topic

Trump changes tune about importance of his first 100 days....

Trump scoffs at 100-day mark as 'ridiculous standard'

President Donald Trump on Friday claimed that he won’t get the credit he deserves for the first 100 days of his administration, seeking to manage expectations around what he called the “ridiculous standard” of the upcoming milestone date.  “No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!” Trump wrote on Twitter Friday morning.  Trump’s dismissive remark is a notable shift from his campaign rhetoric, considering he issued in late October a contract with voters that included a “100-day action plan to Make America Great Again.” On some points, like green-lighting the controversial Keystone XL pipeline and instituting a temporary hiring freeze on all federal workers, Trump has already followed through.

On others, like his promise to label China a currency manipulator on Day One of his presidency and his pledge to cancel all funding to so-called “sanctuary cities,” Trump has yet to deliver or reversed himself. On some points in the contract, including those limiting lobbying by White House officials, it is unclear to what extent directives from the president are effective in fighting the government corruption Trump railed against on the campaign trail.

While Trump has already made good on some major campaign promises — including nominating and securing confirmation for Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and pulling the U.S. out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, two other points from his contract with voters — his early presidency has also been marked by some high-profile failures.  Most notably, the first attempt to repeal and replace Obamacare collapsed amid resistance from conservatives who thought it didn’t go far enough and moderates who were anxious about voters losing health care coverage. Newly eager to claim a victory before the 100-day mark, which is April 29, the White House this week began pressuring Congress to pass a new version of the repeal legislation by the end of next week, even though it is unclear if such a bill would have more success than the last.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/21/trump-criticize-100-days-standard-237446

In case you need a refresher...

DONALD J. TRUMP DELIVERS GROUNDBREAKING CONTRACT FOR THE AMERICAN VOTER IN GETTYSBURG

Gettysburg, PA: Today, in historic Gettysburg, PA, Donald J. Trump presented a game-changing plan for his first 100 days in office. This revolutionary “Contract with the American Voter” will ensure that America’s economy is revitalized and citizens are protected.

His contract 

Trump’s dismissive remark is a notable shift from his campaign rhetoric, considering he issued in late October a contract with voters that included a “100-day action plan to Make America Great Again.” On some points, like green-lighting the controversial Keystone XL pipeline and instituting a temporary hiring freeze on all federal workers, Trump has already followed through.

Obviously a pipeline for a Canadian oil company makes America great again.

So wait just a minute here!

Are you telling me that this 100 day contract was just bull****?

I'm shocked. Shocked.

Obviously a pipeline for a Canadian oil company makes America great again.

Built with Chinese Steel

When will politicians ever learn. NEVER put anything in writing. :P

It wasn't a ridiculous standard until he realized he couldn't hit his marks.

Seems like it was just yesterday that he was bragging about how his administration had done more in 90 days than any other admiinistration in history.

What a pathetic excuse for a man.

Damn you Donnie.

Posted (edited)

Seems like it was just yesterday that he was bragging about how his administration had done more in 90 days than any other admiinistration in history.

What a pathetic excuse for a man.

Based on all the whining you people are doing it seems that Trump has done a lot.

Of course, y'all could just be whining simply for the sake of whining.

Either way y'all remain deranged because Trump is not following your agenda.

Word up: Drop the "Ain't It Awful" act and put your energies into preparing for 2018.

Edited by VOSA

One other thing. He gave Saturday Night Live the best material they've had in years.

You are up that late, FatBoy? ;)

One other thing. He gave Saturday Night Live the best material they've had in years.

And resurrected maddow's career. ;)

Posted (edited)

Based on all the whining you people are doing it seems that Trump has done a lot.

Word up: Drop the "Ain't It Awful" act and put your energies into preparing for 2018.

Base on what I see, Trump has done a lot of absolutely nothing..... lots of EOs, not a single piece of legislative action, created so much uncertainty among our allies, and played a lot of golf.   Oh, and brought on his kids.....  No health care repeal and replace.  Not even the Muslim band.  And Mexico is still laughing about paying for the Trump wall.  Otherwise, Trump is doing okay except when he open his mouth or tweet.

Edited by BaySock

I'm pleased that Trump hasn't gotten much accomplished so far

I was actually worried that with a GOP controlled Congress he would've gotten much more done at this point

I hear his tax plan may be out next week...huge tax cuts...probably for him and his buddies...we shall see.

Posted (edited)

I'm pleased that Trump hasn't gotten much accomplished so far

I was actually worried that with a GOP controlled Congress he would've gotten much more done at this point

Gotten much more done!!!!  Unless I really have something wrong, I only see a Supreme Court appointment.  And that needed the Nuke option....

Edited by BaySock

What agenda is Trump following?

Well, one would think the Don is following his agenda since he's the one who laid out a contract for his first 100 days. :D

You are up that late, FatBoy? ;)

No. I watch it on youtube.

Posted (edited)

Trump changes tune about importance of his first 100 days....

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/21/trump-criticize-100-days-standard-237446

In case you need a refresher...

DONALD J. TRUMP DELIVERS GROUNDBREAKING CONTRACT FOR THE AMERICAN VOTER IN GETTYSBURG

His contract 

The ghosts in Gettysburg are saying, "We fought the war for this?"

Edited by ncbirdfan

The first 100 Days? Get out of here, the orange idiot didn't even fulfil his "Day One" promises.

Whining?

Actually, laughing at the way the Trump chumps have been totally conned by this buffoon

Base on what I see, Trump has done a lot of absolutely nothing..... lots of EOs, not a single piece of legislative action, created so much uncertainty among our allies, and played a lot of golf.   Oh, and brought on his kids.....  No health care repeal and replace.  Not even the Muslim band.  And Mexico is still laughing about paying for the Trump wall.  Otherwise, Trump is doing okay except when he open his mouth or tweet.

Here's a clue - Trump does not pass legislation, Congress does.

Please share this with the Muslim Band.

His.