Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themamba

Stags to Terrapins

55 posts in this topic

Gregory joins Fontaine committing to Durkin this morning.

It looks like Dematha University at College Park down there I pray this results in some wins

I was about to say gooch, they acting like dematha the only school in Maryland lol. Need to come get some of these Baltimore kids.

I was about to say gooch, they acting like dematha the only school in Maryland lol. Need to come get some of these Baltimore kids.

Baltimore kids dont want to play for the 8th best team in the BIg10

Lol ????

Lmao some would that DMV to umd thing is kind of popular

Franklin is going to make sure that never happens

How many city kids at Penn state

Maryland was my team in the Claiborne and Charlie Wysocikl days through Bobby Ross. Those bum coaches before Friedgen caused me to lose interest in the Terps. I think the new coach was the right hire but the Big10 is too hard of a league for the Terps to jump into the league's upper echelon.

It doesn't help that the PG, Montgomery and D.C. Kids get more love from the football program. At least the basketball program dipped into Baltimore area since Gary Williams came and left and Turge arrived. Maryland will always be an afterthought in the Big10 with the DeMatha connection and the lack of a B-more connection.

Darien (Dunbar) RS last year

Give me one from UMD

Was just asking actually thought it would be more

Was just asking actually thought it would be more

I believe there are more but 1 is more than UMD

Absolutely, and MD is missing out on some good talent

Franklin is going to make sure that never happens

Franklin did say that he can grab who ever he wants out of the DMV. 

Welcome to the B10 young fella! 100+ days to kick-off, Texas is on the clock...

Posted (edited)

Gregory joins Fontaine committing to Durkin this morning.

Edited by Tomslick

Maryland was my team in the Claiborne and Charlie Wysocikl days through Bobby Ross. Those bum coaches before Friedgen caused me to lose interest in the Terps. I think the new coach was the right hire but the Big10 is too hard of a league for the Terps to jump into the league's upper echelon.

It doesn't help that the PG, Montgomery and D.C. Kids get more love from the football program. At least the basketball program dipped into Baltimore area since Gary Williams came and left and Turge arrived. Maryland will always be an afterthought in the Big10 with the DeMatha connection and the lack of a B-more connection.

Not really following this one, Guru. Are you suggesting that UMD should let these DM kids go to other Big 10/SEC/ACC schools and focus more on Baltimore recruiting? Weren't people killing UMD for letting the DM kids go elsewhere a few seasons ago? This plan of yours would get the Terps to the next level in the Big 10? And you're basing this off of the one season the DM kids had as freshman? I don't know if you watched the UMD spring game the other day, but those DM kids(Harrison, Turner, Davis, Ellis) are about to blow up this coming fall. You also have no clue what you're going to get with McFarland, Minor, Gregory, and Fontaine since they are still in high school.

It's not aerospace engineering, SB. The DeMatha (DC area) kids alone will not take the program to the next level. Baltimore has to be locked down as well as the Tidewater area. Three fertile recruiting grounds instead of one.

How many wins will those kids you named add up to in the Big10? One? Three? Six?

It's not aerospace engineering, SB. The DeMatha (DC area) kids alone will not take the program to the next level. Baltimore has to be locked down as well as the Tidewater area. Three fertile recruiting grounds instead of one.

Yea its not aerospace engineering. All you have to do is google top recruiting classes and UMD was at #18 with all of those DeMatha(DC area) kids. Durkin and Co. seem to be heading in the right direction. And of course UMD needs to lock Baltimore down, but you have to start somewhere.

How many wins will those kids you named add up to in the Big10? One? Three? Six?

We'll see. Not sure why you're so pessimistic about the situation though.

We'll see. Not sure why you're so pessimistic about the situation though.

We've seen this movie before

Porzel over Austin

We've seen this movie before

Porzel over Austin

What do you mean Porzel over Austin? Tavon had a Maryland offer and was top on their board. I personally watched the State Final with Tavon's family and James Franklin. Tavon didn't have them in his top 2. It was UNC and WVU.

What do you mean Porzel over Austin? Tavon had a Maryland offer and was top on their board. I personally watched the State Final with Tavon's family and James Franklin. Tavon didn't have them in his top 2. It was UNC and WVU.

You watched the state final with his family and an assistant meanwhile the HC flew to watch Caleb in a copter if im correct

I wouldn't have them in my top 2 either

You watched the state final with his family and an assistant meanwhile the HC flew to watch Caleb in a copter if im correct

I wouldn't have them in my top 2 either

He flew to see Tavon in a copter as well. You're very much so uninformed on this topic.

He flew to see Tavon in a copter as well. You're very much so uninformed on this topic.

Didnt say i was as informed as anyone just posted my opinion