Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themamba

Lee to SFA

158 posts in this topic

This is will be his fourth school he was originally enrolled at McDonogh after he got turned down at Gilman.  If you listen to some folks over at Gilman during his first year it was always his first choice and the school he always wanted to be at.   Guess cash trumps all.  

He was never enrolled at McDonogh. They accepted their offer but changed their minds when he was accepted at Gilman(he was initially wait-listed). I know this because I was apart of the process. I advised his family. Gilman was always his dream school and had nothing to do with money. McD would have given them whatever.

SFA may have the most talent in the State, but with that old Gilman crew at the helm, they'll be same old tiresome story.

As long as Poggi never returns to Gilman with his loads of cash, Gilman will always be a second-tier team in the MIAA. Btw, last year's MIAA trophy went to SFA even though a Gilman guy was pulling the strings with an ex-Gilman coaching staff. Gilman, the institution, was not happy about that.

Every team will be second tier as long as Poggi is at SFA.

SFA may have the most talent in the State, but with that old Gilman crew at the helm, they'll be same old tiresome story.

Did you even see them play last year? Same old story how?

GA put your pom poms down you starting to look bad bro remember your names is GA not SFA I don't mean no disrespect but you looking like a groupie right now

GA put your pom poms down you starting to look bad bro remember your names is GA not SFA I don't mean no disrespect but you looking like a groupie right now

I'm just speaking the facts! I've said all along that I will support SFA because it's an East Baltimore school and I know the guys over there. I don't agree with some of the stuff they're doing, mostly the fact that it will now be harder for the regular East Baltimore resident to attend there now because of space. But I support ALL East Baltimore schools(Dunbar, Patterson and SFA). Don't get it twisted, I'm 100% Gilman when it comes to any school.

St. Francis might have the most impressive roster in the league or state but to what end? If they have anywhere near 35 DI athletes on a high school team it is too many. Too many for each player to get enough time to shine, and too many for anykind of interesting game to watch. Who wants to watch the equivelant of a JUCO or College team play a high school team with its handful of comparable atheletes. 

A league is only interesting if there is competitive play, and only competitive if each member is playing with something like the same rules and restrictions. This SFA thing will not end well.  . .  for the league or school. The kids will be ok, but then if they are as good a players as they are scouted to be they would have been good players on theeir home school teams. . . and likely would each have been called on to play to their potential and not be role players on an all-start team. 

Right now? The kid has always been a groupie, above anything else. I will say, the schtick does provide for good comedy sometimes.

He was never enrolled at McDonogh. They accepted their offer but changed their minds when he was accepted at Gilman(he was initially wait-listed). I know this because I was apart of the process. I advised his family. Gilman was always his dream school and had nothing to do with money. McD would have given them whatever.

Yes he was BP paid the 5g's deposit to get him out I know the Lee's and the Ellies very very well.

Right now? The kid has always been a groupie, above anything else. I will say, the schtick does provide for good comedy sometimes.

Says the biggest d-rider on the board! Still waiting on to hear about your inside information on what actually happened on Friday with Lee!

I'm just speaking the facts! I've said all along that I will support SFA because it's an East Baltimore school and I know the guys over there. I don't agree with some of the stuff they're doing, mostly the fact that it will now be harder for the regular East Baltimore resident to attend there now because of space. But I support ALL East Baltimore schools(Dunbar, Patterson and SFA). Don't get it twisted, I'm 100% Gilman when it comes to any school.

So honestly how do you feel about an East Baltimore school not supporting the local community?  They will have over 23+ transfers this year not from the area.    

Yes he was BP paid the 5g's deposit to get him out I know the Lee's and the Ellies very very well.

He wasn't enrolled. Yes he signed the papers, but never actually enrolled at the school. Like I said, I was apart of the process. Don't know the Ellis family at all but I speak with Shane's mother all the time(including last night).

So honestly how do you feel about an East Baltimore school not supporting the local community?  They will have over 23+ transfers this year not from the area.    

It's two fold for me. I love the exposure that the SFA staff is bringing to the school, something that can inspire the whole student body but I have serious reservations at the cost. I'm not all that close to the situation to know all the details, so I hasten to really speak in depth about it. If I had a one on one conversation with Biff or Hank(haven't seen either in about two years), there's questions I would like to ask. Like how many spots are they taking away from the normal student body.

But I'm hearing some great things as well that they're bringing to the school. Like how kids can earn college credits while in high school there.

I know Silver hates to hear this, but this SFA is by far the most talented team in the state. They legit have Top 5 National talent. Could very well be the most talented team the state has ever seen before. This doesn't mean they will be the best team in the state, but they will have upwards of over 35 D1 players on their roster.

I don't hate to hear your opinion at all. If you want to deal with who is projected to be there in the fall, do you. I'll even say that if all the transfer rumors are true, then yea, SFA will have the most talent in MD across the board. That doesn't mean it's going to work out. SJC lost 4 games last season with a similar line up(not debatable).

Now if you want to say that SFA should be the #1 ranked team in MD this fall then I've got an issue with that. DeMatha may have one of their best teams ever with kids who have played in the system for years. I think you underestimate DM's returning talent because they don't have any splashy transfers.

I don't hate to hear your opinion at all. If you want to deal with who is projected to be there in the fall, do you. I'll even say that if all the transfer rumors are true, then yea, SFA will have the most talent in MD across the board. That doesn't mean it's going to work out. SJC lost 4 games last season with a similar line up(not debatable).

Now if you want to say that SFA should be the #1 ranked team in MD this fall then I've got an issue with that. DeMatha may have one of their best teams ever with kids who have played in the system for years. I think you underestimate DM's returning talent because they don't have any splashy transfers.

I agree with everything you said. I don't believe they should be ranked number 1 in the state. They have to prove it on the field. But with what they're returning, even if they didn't get one transfer, they should be ranked second.

Smith also who is one of their best

T. Smith is definitely one of the top players, he played mostly at Corner last year though, I believe.

GA it's all talk the academics are the same as of now . I made a donation recently on behalf of my company because my nephews attend and I asked that question when will the landscape of the curriculum change and I was told soon .

GA it's all talk the academics are the same as of now . I made a donation recently on behalf of my company because my nephews attend and I asked that question when will the landscape of the curriculum change and I was told soon .

Ok, you're in the know then. I hope they're serious about all of that and change the school. The administration needs to hold their feet to the fire though. They need to make Poggi and company accountable.

Ok, you're in the know then. I hope they're serious about all of that and change the school. The administration needs to hold their feet to the fire though. They need to make Poggi and company accountable.

Money talks though...and for a school begging for money to keep its doors open they will learn their place and role in Biff's world.  Gilman didnt need him so they showed him the door.  All that academics stuff is a lie.  One of my sons friends goes there and he is still dumber than a door knob but somehow he almost has a 4.0.

Did you even see them play last year? Same old story how?

No. But the intense recruiting and beating up the locals while losing to to the Nationals makes it the same old story. A lot of chest beating going on.

No. But the intense recruiting and beating up the locals while losing to to the Nationals makes it the same old story. A lot of chest beating going on.

FYI, they beat Bishop Sullivan and nationally ranked, SC state Champ South Pointe last year in their first season. I think that's pretty good. Also, Gilman beat many National teams.

Along with CHC

It matters not. As long as CHC has a winning record and beats Gilman and Loyola every year then that football foundation is happy.

FYI, they beat Bishop Sullivan and nationally ranked, SC state Champ South Pointe last year in their first season. I think that's pretty good. Also, Gilman beat many National teams.

Sullivan was 7-3 last year including a loss to a 4-6 McNamara. I'll give you the South Pointe game.