Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

2017 Draft thread

203 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Maybe the failed test on Foster and the medical on Allen gave them concerns.

Edited by ncbirdfan

Ravens fans please welcome Jonathan Allen to the Baltimore Ravens

That was the guy I thought it would be. Weeks ago I liked him but didn't think he would last that long.

Wow... Reuben Foster must've really f'd something up... He was close with Mosley- this pick will be questioned for a while. 

Maybe the failed test on Foster and the medical on Allen gave them concerns.

I think they need to stay away from the medical concerns, they have enough injuries as it is. I always thought they'd get a corner, just not #1.

We'll see. I'm not going to say Humphrey is a bad pick, but I thought there were better picks left that filled a more pressing need at the moment. But quite honestly unless you think you are only a player away from a SB, then the draft is best approached as a get results in 3 years thing. I personally do not think the Ravens are SB material this year so the Humphrey pick may pay good dividends in a few years. If that is the case, you can't argue the pick.

This whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. They had a chance to get an absolute stud and got a guy who projects to be merely good.

This whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. They had a chance to get an absolute stud and got a guy who projects to be merely good.

I hope you are sitting, but I agree with you.

I hope you are sitting, but I agree with you.

Prepare for the apocalypse.

This pick doesn't even make sense if you think how deep this draft is in CB. Why waste it on a CB at 16 when you can get a good one in round 2 or 3. By the way- if you want to be further disappointed in this pick- don't watch the Championship game. Mike Williams absolutely wrecked Ala. Secondary- made plays all over Humphrey.

Prepare for the apocalypse.

Well, Trump just announced "That we could have a major conflict with Korea." - just sayin'

Bright side I guess is they should be able to bottle up all of Cincy & Pitts WRs with this secondary. At least I hope.

Watch Rueben Foster go to Freakin New England.

All these great playmakers. And we got a "good" corner.

Ha. like Belichick planned all along..

Can we examine the absurdity of the NFL that a guy 2 years ago (L'ael Collins) went undrafted because he had character concerns, and Gareon Conley goes in Rd. 1 with a fresh rape accusation?

Posted (edited)

If he drops that far, I don't know if he gets past Pittsburgh.

Edit: NE doesn't have a 1st round pick so they would probably have to trade up to get Foster.

Edited by cprenegade

This pick doesn't even make sense if you think how deep this draft is in CB. Why waste it on a CB at 16 when you can get a good one in round 2 or 3. By the way- if you want to be further disappointed in this pick- don't watch the Championship game. Mike Williams absolutely wrecked Ala. Secondary- made plays all over Humphrey.

I was underwhelmed as well, feeling like corner was not that great a need. I'm so focused on OT or DE I was thinking Robinson or Allen. All I can figure they're thinking is best player available. Besides QB, CB is the most difficult and responsible position, and it looks like the AFCN is a division where you're going to need corner excellence and depth.

Foster must've murdered a bunch of puppies or something.

The draft is way more than just the first round. There are a number of potential lower round picks which could make people very happy.

This sounds like a depth pick, given the signings of both Jefferson and Carr. I get that part, but I'd understand it more if this were Jimmy Smith's walk year. If that were the case, I could see 2017 as being more or less a redshirt season for Humphrey while Smith played out his contract.  

The draft is way more than just the first round. There are a number of potential lower round picks which could make people very happy.

This sounds like a depth pick, given the signings of both Jefferson and Carr. I get that part, but I'd understand it more if this were Jimmy Smith's walk year. If that were the case, I could see 2017 as being more or less a redshirt season for Humphrey while Smith played out his contract.

I understand that as well. The only thing I really question is that the Ravens usually go for the best pick available regardless of need. I thought Johnathan Allen was a better pick and it fit a better need. That's the part I don't get. But maybe the Ravens didn't have him ranked as high. Hard to figure that. Allen went to the Redskins with the next pick.

I'm starting to get a little miffed at all the 'Bama picks.