Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

2017 Draft thread

203 posts in this topic

I'm starting to get a little miffed at all the 'Bama picks.

Well, some of the other picks that were touted for that 16th pick were also Alabama products and were drafted later in the first round.

Can we examine the absurdity of the NFL that a guy 2 years ago (L'ael Collins) went undrafted because he had character concerns, and Gareon Conley goes in Rd. 1 with a fresh rape accusation?

Did I hear correctly that the Ravens gave Conley a lie detector test which he passed. Guess they couldn't still pick him.

I understand that as well. The only thing I really question is that the Ravens usually go for the best pick available regardless of need. I thought Johnathan Allen was a better pick and it fit a better need. That's the part I don't get. But maybe the Ravens didn't have him ranked as high. Hard to figure that. Allen went to the Redskins with the next pick.

The medicals on both Allen & Foster must have been pretty bad. Allen has bum shoulders and Foster is Foster, failed a drug test.

I do NOT like this pick. This guy gives up to many yards on intermediate level passed. I know this much, with Collins and Garrett on the Browns defense, if Ozzie neglects the O-line, Joe is in for at least 2 very long games.

Not overwhelmed by the pick.  This seems to address future needs rather than immediate, though I guess you can never have too much secondary depth.  Perhaps because of the offenses in our division, it makes a little sense.  Glad they post on Foster and Allen though.  Definitely those two are potential busts. 

It's rare you take at OL in the first any more, so I definitely wasn't surprised by that.  I think the Ravens were looking at WR and CB as the only real first round options.

I think they picked Humphrey because Jimmie Smith's health has been shakey. 

Who do you think they'll take in round 2?

I think they picked Humphrey because Jimmie Smith's health has been shakey. 

Who do you think they'll take in round 2?

I was thinking that about Smith as well.

I don't suppose it is reasonable to expect Cam Robinson to still be there, but I would like an OT. Or DE. But they'll almost certainly take someone I don't expect.

Any trade down now would only net them an extra 4th. Just have to see who's there a few picks before to guess where they may go.

I was thinking that about Smith as well.

I don't suppose it is reasonable to expect Cam Robinson to still be there, but I would like an OT. Or DE. But they'll almost certainly take someone I don't expect.

I think it's between Cam Robinson (if there) and Tim Williams, but what do I know?

I think they pick a DL- Wormley or Tomlinson.  Maybe Z. Cunningham.

would love a WR though or a C.

I thought chris godwin would be gone by now same with juju. Still have a chance of getting this offense a playmaker.

I don't care how they do it, I would like to see them get Elflein. A bit of a reach but we are REALLY thin on O-line.

Decent pick from what I can tell but it confirms this team doesn't give a damn about its offense!

Decent pick from what I can tell but it confirms this team doesn't give a damn about its offense!

that and the fact that it's now obvious Karmalei Correa was their latest bust.

that and the fact that it's now obvious Karmalei Correa was their latest bust.

I forgot about him. Maybe it will light a fire under him. If Correa can't find a spot next to Mosely this year its another 2nd rnd blunder.

And the Bengals look to replenish their bad PR corps with Mixon...

I forgot about him. Maybe it will light a fire under him. If Correa can't find a spot next to Mosely this year its another 2nd rnd blunder.

I think it's the latter. with all the holes they have, they can't be using a 2nd round pick for depth.  Ah, how about OL and WR- maybe the 2 third rounders

What's the skinny on Bowser?

Athletic freak but raw. Dripping with potential though from what I read. Could be really good really fast if he learns quick. If Suggs shows him the way could be a great pick.

Mario defeated him a couple of times

I walked into that one.