Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

2017 Draft thread

205 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

I don't think either you nor Ken would get much argument from the majority of fans. But we just have to hope that the Ravens know better than we do and have other options for the offense.

I guess the good news is that Pitta is taking a pay cut of 2.5mill- I'm thinking that is for a WR or a Center .

6 hours ago, mikemor1 said:

I guess the good news is that Pitta is taking a pay cut of 2.5mill- I'm thinking that is for a WR or a Center .

Possibly, but the Ravens--like every other NFL team--need cap room for the beginning of the season when everyone on the roster--including IR, PUP, what have you--counts against their cap. All teams need to create and carry cap space into the season when they could be carrying as many as 70 or 80 players against their respective caps.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, TheGuru said:

I know the Ravens have more info and film than what I could ever have access to. However, these are the available players, I would've drafted instead of the haul that the Ravens got:

Rnd #1: Reuben Foster LB Alabama

Rnd #2: Teez Tabor CB Florida

Rnd #3: Chris Godwin WR Penn State

Rnd #3: Antonio Garcia OT Troy

Rnd #4: Marlon Mack RB S. Florida

Rnd #5: Brad Kaaya QB Miami (FLA)

Rnd #6: Kyle Fuller C Baylor

Hindsight is 20/20 vision but these players would be Ravens today if I was running that War Room.

I see Reuben foster is facing a few years in prison so I would go with Round one to the ravens. How are the rest of your picks doing compared to the Ravens for their rookie year? Were all your picks on the board when the Ravens picked or did you just pick all these guys before the draft?

I just looked up Teez Tabor and there are talks about him being a bust. It's a little early for that label in my opinion but he needs to play a bigger role this year or that talk will become louder. I don't remember who the Ravens picked second round. I'll have to go check all their picks later. Chris Godwin was  looking pretty good towards the end of the year. He is expected to challenge for the number 3 wide receiver. He may be a decent pick. Antonio Garcia has lost 40 pounds and I don't think he played a down last season. They found blood clots in his lungs. If the Ravens had picked him this board would be livid. I'll check on the rest of the guys later when I have more time.;