Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
confused fan

NFL Draft 1st Round Draft Pick: You be the judge……..

33 posts in this topic

Outside of Gronk and before with Moss, NE hasn't had big name talent. Brady is the only constant in all that time.

And the fact that no one could breath on Brady without a flag being thrown. ;)

And the fact that no one could breath on Brady without a flag being thrown. ;)

Hate all you want but this past sb sealed it .....

He will go down as the best ever ....

Hate all you want but this past sb sealed it .....

He will go down as the best ever ....

I do hate, but you are right.

I think Humphrey is a solid pick. He comes from a football family with his Dad playing in the NFL. He was a track star and a 5-star recruit out of Alabama. Started since a RS-Freshman and started every game he played and was an All American his RS-Soph year. I write that to say he is a high level athlete who produced at a high level and lived up to the hype at Bama.

There are questions about him playing the deep ball, but we do have arguably the best Safety tandem in the NFL on paper, so that should assist with preventing the deep ball as well.

On 4/28/2017 at 11:35 AM, mikemor1 said:

For a team that needs a shoot the lights out draft, the pick was overly safe, especially in a draft supposedly deep in corners.

I guess tonight they'll get a pass rusher, probably along with everyone else.  I think SF had the best draft: 

Thomas and R. Foster in the same night. 

And I agree with Birdfan, the drafting of Ross may have prompted the pick.

I was just reading about how good Marlon Humphrey is looking on camp. He had two interceptions and two pass deflections today. I know it's only day two but it's a lot better to hear this than something about him still learning how to adapt... etc. 

Anyway, I wanted to see what everyone was saying about Marlon when we drafted  him and I came across your post. You said Ozzie was playing it overly safe by drafting Humphrey. I think it was the exact opposite. I mean, wouldn't it have been a lot safer to go with Kiper's pick at that spot or even pick who you thought was a better pick such as Foster or Allen? Nobody expected Humphrey to be picked there but Ozzie went with who he thought was the best pick available regardless of what everyone else thought. The safest pick would have been Howard, Allen or Foster.

18 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

I was just reading about how good Marlon Humphrey is looking on camp. He had two interceptions and two pass deflections today. I know it's only day two but it's a lot better to hear this than something about him still learning how to adapt... etc. 

Anyway, I wanted to see what everyone was saying about Marlon when we drafted  him and I came across your post. You said Ozzie was playing it overly safe by drafting Humphrey. I think it was the exact opposite. I mean, wouldn't it have been a lot safer to go with Kiper's pick at that spot or even pick who you thought was a better pick such as Foster or Allen? Nobody expected Humphrey to be picked there but Ozzie went with who he thought was the best pick available regardless of what everyone else thought. The safest pick would have been Howard, Allen or Foster.

Well as I reread my own original post, I felt that way about Humphrey because this was a draft being touted as "deep in corners". That was my rationale. Hey I hope Humphey is a great pick since I see Canady was missing in practice.  .... Then again, Crockett was also-they seem to be blowing through TE's as fast as CB's.  I think either Howard or Foster will make a bigger difference in games than Humphrey, since you mention them in particular.

3 hours ago, mikemor1 said:

Well as I reread my own original post, I felt that way about Humphrey because this was a draft being touted as "deep in corners". That was my rationale. Hey I hope Humphey is a great pick since I see Canady was missing in practice.  .... Then again, Crockett was also-they seem to be blowing through TE's as fast as CB's.  I think either Howard or Foster will make a bigger difference in games than Humphrey, since you mention them in particular.

There were a few people in agreement with you that this was the safe pick and to me it was a very risky pick when he could have gotten a very good corner in later rounds as some had suggested and with most people having other players rated so much higher. Time will tell which player out of the three will make the bigger impact. Let's hope it's Humphrey.

20 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

There were a few people in agreement with you that this was the safe pick and to me it was a very risky pick when he could have gotten a very good corner in later rounds as some had suggested and with most people having other players rated so much higher. Time will tell which player out of the three will make the bigger impact. Let's hope it's Humphrey.

They say he's off to a good start and looks like Canady's knee injury is "significant" so Humphrey may see action right away. I hope he develops into a starter quickly because Jimmy Smith spends a lot of time out with injuries as you know... I see Donnell is also signaling Gilmore will be out for a lot of the season again.