Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 Ravens 7-on-7

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Kudos to the staff at Silver Oak love what theyare trying to do for those young men

Yes, I had a good conversation with the Silver Oak head football coach at a Damascus / Reservoir playoff game a couple years ago.  Great guy!!!

Edited by DayWalker

On 6/24/2017 at 8:27 AM, city40blast said:

The young qb at st joe and the young db from Hamilton both looking pretty good, future stars

Yup agree, MSJ has a great incoming class to go along with these two young men.  

They got the tall WR/ DB and QB off that 8th Grade Hamilton team? Very good players big steal for MSJ.  With the Wax kid and crew last year they are getting some good young kids then.

Not sure 100% the qb is from Hamilton but I know the wr/db is. 

I had heard that they got like 5-7 kids off Hamilton seems like a little connection developing there.

i know CH got two good players from hamilton too.

Ch gets good players every year, wins 7 on 7, kids have the most offers from colleges but it does not translate onto the field with their win/loss record. 

7 hours ago, city40blast said:

Not sure 100% the qb is from Hamilton but I know the wr/db is. 

Yes Billy Atkins is from Hamilton 

Well I don't know about CH my cousins son went there in the late 90s. But do know the Atkins kid from Rec games. He will be special.

16 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

I had heard that they got like 5-7 kids off Hamilton seems like a little connection developing there.

i know CH got two good players from hamilton too.

It should be a little kick in the pants to Loyola if MSJ and CHC picked up lots of Hamilton kids after Loyola's push to let them use the facilities, mentor and have skill building sessions with them. Either they still could not seal the deal with the boys or admissions there once again shot down the coaches recruits. 

9 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

It should be a little kick in the pants to Loyola if MSJ and CHC picked up lots of Hamilton kids after Loyola's push to let them use the facilities, mentor and have skill building sessions with them. Either they still could not seal the deal with the boys or admissions there once again shot down the coaches recruits. 

I think Loyola got the most Hamilton kids actually this year. From my understanding, last year's Hamilton team wasn't that great. Believe CHC and Gilman got their two best players. From what I'm told, this year's Hamilton team that played in the spring is really really good. Saw game footage of them playing, they were huge and had what looked like special players. 

I was told Gilman wanted that QB who went to MSJ and McD got the huge linemen everyone wanted so sounds like the best kids split up.

2 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

I was told Gilman wanted that QB who went to MSJ and McD got the huge linemen everyone wanted so sounds like the best kids split up.

I'm sure Gilman did want the QB, they only got two players from Hamilton. But was told that they and CHC got the two best players Hamilton had on their team.  A team, like I said, that wasn't very good last year. Now this year, they have multiple big time players. Their RB is SPECIAL!  

I thought Hamilton won the 7&8 grade titles last year. If u go to their page it shows kids in shirts of the schools they going to. Majority are going private 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, city40blast said:

I thought Hamilton won the 7&8 grade titles last year. If u go to their page it shows kids in shirts of the schools they going to. Majority are going private 

I actually didn't know they won the 8th grade title last year. When I talked with one of their coaches during the season, he said the 8th grade team was ok but that the 7th grade team was a monster.

And this spring, I watched their game tape against the Saints, who had only lost one game out of like 160 when they payed Hamilton. Hamilton won in a close one. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Hamilton and Mohoco both dropped out of the GYFL this past season and played in the new SECFL. Don't know what the competition was like or what other organizations were apart of the SECFL........I know on the 8th grade side this spring the SECFL only had 3 8th grade teams and one of them dropped and went back to the GYFL leaving 2 ( Hamilton and Loudon). I don't even believe Mohoco fielded a team this sprint. Don't know if any others joined beyond that point....

MSJ freshmen class is very strong due to Hamilton link but others as well.  Coach Holzer is changing the culture of football at MSJ and the administration is behind him.  They were top 3 team 2 years ago, beating McDonogh and a top 4 team with some disappointing loses at end of last season.  No team will compete with St.Frances but MSJ has ability to compete wit McDonogh and Spaulding.  Hamilton QB is probably best incoming 9th grader in MIAA.  MSJ has one of the best training facilities in the state with Smith Arena.  

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, Bully said:

MSJ freshmen class is very strong due to Hamilton link but others as well.  Coach Holzer is changing the culture of football at MSJ and the administration is behind him.  They were top 3 team 2 years ago, beating McDonogh and a top 4 team with some disappointing loses at end of last season.  No team will compete with St.Frances but MSJ has ability to compete wit McDonogh and Spaulding.  Hamilton QB is probably best incoming 9th grader in MIAA.  MSJ has one of the best training facilities in the state with Smith Arena.  

IMO MSJ  had a disappointing season last year, beat the bad teams and got blitzed by the good teams. I had them competing for the title at the beginning of the season. So we will see

Edited by jbmad

Agree.  I thought they could beat McDonogh and give Spald a better game.  They lost there QB to Bullis and that kid was very special.  Changed their offense a bit and couldn't generate enough points.  Key this year will be if freshmen QB can come in and play at high level.  They have great RBs and WRs.  Line is decent but seems like Holzer focusing on picking up more big boys.  They got 3-5 good transfers coming in.  I think they will continue to improve over next 3 years.  They have resources and facilities.  Over 1000 boys and Alumni that are use to winning at most sports.  

Carter played well for them last year at qb, just don't think the beef was enough on either side of the ball

Carter did nice job but not close to athlete that Shaw is.  And they picked up few 250 lb freshmen and big DE transfer but ur right.  Holzer played D1 ball on line and is pulling more in.  If MSJ had endowment that McDonogh had they'd be contender. 

- Holzer is a graduate from Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plain, New York, a fellow Xaverian School. He played football while at Stepinac and continued on to play for Hofstra University on the offensive line, and was a two-time All-Atlantic 10 Guard. Following a brief period of NFL tryouts, he returned to Hofstra as a graduate assistant coach. After two seasons of coaching at Hofstra, Holzer decided he wanted to teach and coach at the high school level.   - 

He and his staff are one of strongest coaching staffs in the state.  They know what they are doing and are building.  Just need a little more coin to go from 7-8 strong freshmen to 10-12.  

Same old story line ,MSJ has been supposedly getting better for 6-7 years now , I guess if you keep saying it you gotta be right once , first it Henry , now it's Holzer then it's this player then that player oh he's special  the real deal then it's this player from Pikesville Rec or that one and so on enough already