Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
com6063

Fatima and Faustina Offer Striking, Frightening Visions of Hell

27 posts in this topic

I do have some Depends coupons that I have no use for.......

Is Donald Trump more likely to go to heaven or hell?

Wow, this is totally the first time anyone has suffered from a hallucination. Let's all pretend its special.

Did you all read my request?

This isn't news and this place is the wrong platform to preach religious beliefs to people and expect them to just shut up and listen even if they disagree.

There really should be a religion forum that this evangelising spam stuff can be stuck in.

Posted (edited)

Sorry. I've read up too much on the Physics of the Universe to believe in a Heaven or Hell. You just happen to be an Intelligent (Somewhat) Lifeform that just Happened to come along in this little Eyeblink of Time and you will soon be Gone and the Universe will still go on regardless. Those are the Facts. Deal with it!

Edited by Bartman

14 hours ago, com6063 said:

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/fatima-and-faustina-offer-striking-frightening-visions-of-hell

Look I know a lot of people don't believe in hell but I'm posting this because I do. Please read it and leave the negative comments out. Thanks.

What is the point you're trying to make by asking us to read that?  What do you hope we will get out of it? 

just curious

7 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

What is the point you're trying to make by asking us to read that?  What do you hope we will get out of it? 

just curious

I guess part is that I have an interest in it but also because I believe in a final destination for each and every human being. That means that every person ever created will end up in either heaven and hell, so it makes sense to review these articles in order to obtain a benefit from them. I want everyone to be saved, of course, but not all will. I think part of it is spreading the good news of salvation for all people. Good question, and the first honest one; thank you.

56 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I guess part is that I have an interest in it but also because I believe in a final destination for each and every human being. That means that every person ever created will end up in either heaven and hell, so it makes sense to review these articles in order to obtain a benefit from them. I want everyone to be saved, of course, but not all will. I think part of it is spreading the good news of salvation for all people. Good question, and the first honest one; thank you.

It would probably be a better fit over at SSLO.  They have a religion forum and a lot of sinners.

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

It would probably be a better fit over at SSLO.  They have a religion forum and a lot of sinners.

What is SSLO?

4 hours ago, com6063 said:

What is SSLO?

It's sort of what Fatima and Faustina were warning people about, except the souls who are condemned to there don't seem to have much company. 

9 hours ago, com6063 said:

Com, I acknowledge that in the past I've given you a hard time about your beliefs. But, you are unwavering about your religion. I'm what they call a lapsed Catholic, although I'm not so sure I ever really believed. I think even as a child, I just took it all with a grain of salt  

I tend to agree with Bartman - that we are basically nothing but a speck in the universe, and dust to dust. I believe there are many more civilizations out there and that we are far from the most intelligent. 

As far as heaven and hell, which is supposedly for eternity, for ever and ever and ever, neverending, why would our blink-of-an-eye time here on earth determine where we end up? That seems like the ultimate rush to judgement. 

There's so much more about the Catholic religion (and most others) that just doesn't compute to me, and at my age no amount of preaching will ever change my mind. 

However, if the time comes and I'm wrong...I'll be the first to admit it ;)

Posted (edited)

The notion of "Religions" came up ages ago while we were still Hunter/Gatherers roaming around the planet and other than the guy who wound up being the Chief or Leader that would Pound you if you didn't do what he wanted there really wasn't much of anything else. So what came to being was the notion that someone/something would Get you for doing Wrong in life even after you were Gone and conversely you would somehow also be Rewarded for acceptable behavior. Today most countries have Civil authorities that will Punish you for unacceptable actions. The thing is that Civil authorities can Punish you but they have little incentive to Reward you for doing what you're Supposed to be doing in the first place. Being raised RC myself I look at it as giving a person good Basic Moral underpinnings albeit with some kinda stupid extra No-No's thrown in. Other "Religions" do the same or worse. I mean Why would a "God" want you to Not eat any particular Animal or Vegetable or Fruit that He/She has put here that we as Omnivores have no real reason Not to? What Difference does it make? I won't even get into why some "Religions" make women dress like Beekeepers in Black in a place where the temperatures routinely are well over 100F. As I mentioned in another thread, there are some Thousand different Religions and/or Sects all of which claim to be Right. The only Logical conclusion should be that All of them are Wrong!   

Edited by Bartman

On 5/7/2017 at 6:54 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

Com, I acknowledge that in the past I've given you a hard time about your beliefs. But, you are unwavering about your religion. I'm what they call a lapsed Catholic, although I'm not so sure I ever really believed. I think even as a child, I just took it all with a grain of salt  

I tend to agree with Bartman - that we are basically nothing but a speck in the universe, and dust to dust. I believe there are many more civilizations out there and that we are far from the most intelligent. 

As far as heaven and hell, which is supposedly for eternity, for ever and ever and ever, neverending, why would our blink-of-an-eye time here on earth determine where we end up? That seems like the ultimate rush to judgement. 

There's so much more about the Catholic religion (and most others) that just doesn't compute to me, and at my age no amount of preaching will ever change my mind. 

However, if the time comes and I'm wrong...I'll be the first to admit it ;)

Thanks for your post, pink. I appreciate your honesty. :)

Another from someone Way smarter than me.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:06 AM, Ode2Joy said:

Looks like that board is unmoderated now and has degenerated into a running flame war between Kongo and Larry/shad/Mitcham/boboblaw.....

3 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Looks like that board is unmoderated now and has degenerated into a running flame war between Kongo and Larry/shad/Mitcham/boboblaw.....

You are correct! But in fairness you should also have listed some of kongo's other alties as well.

Com - I don't subscribe to your religious beliefs but have always admired your dedication. That has never been easy and never gets easier.