Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshan Man

Did Anyone Watch Charles Barkley's "American Race's" First Episode Last Night

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Pretty interesting... Talked about the state of race relations in Baltimore and how events/practices in the past (like redlining) have led to the 2015 riots and where we stand today. I recall when they were filming, it made the news that Barkley had ticked off a bunch of people in a forum held in West Baltimore because they felt like he was siding with the police, and trashing black residents.  

He talked to police and residents. It was nice to hear both perspectives without the unnecessary drama these types of discussions can often devolve into (like typically what happens here)

Good for Charles for facilitating this discussion. 

http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/american-race.html?sr=+barkley +charles

Edited by Marshan Man

Nope. I watched the Wizards-Celtics game.

I watched the Wizards -Celtics game too. It came on later.

Didn't watch it, but I trust Charles as an open minded, tell it how he sees it kind of guy.  Can't ask for much more.

How about that 26-0 run by the Wiz!

Did he have the backwards hoodie on full of potato chips ..???

22 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

How about that 26-0 run by the Wiz!

They should be up 3-1 in the series if not for that sloppy 2nd quarter in game 2.

I did catch some on the repeat. Had him driving around in a cop car. Whenever the car pulled into an area the residents scattered like rats.

The Baltimore residents turned on Charles quickly after he expressed empathy for police.

12 hours ago, Arslan said:

The Baltimore residents turned on Charles quickly after he expressed empathy for police.

The police are now the powerless enemy. First, there's an overzealous prosecutor who has a vendetta against law enforcement. Then Obama, Lynch and Pugh used the power of the federal government to prevent officers from doing their job. The Trump DOJ tried to back-off but a radical Obama judge kept to his partisan roots and ruled against them. All told, Baltimore will become even more dangerous as time goes on. Thanks Democrats. You own this mess!

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

The police are now the powerless enemy. First, there's an overzealous prosecutor who has a vendetta against law enforcement. Then Obama, Lynch and Pugh used the power of the federal government to prevent officers from doing their job. The Trump DOJ tried to back-off but a radical Obama judge kept to his partisan roots and ruled against them. All told, Baltimore will become even more dangerous as time goes on. Thanks Democrats. You own this mess!

Maybe if you watched the episode you'd see that's not the sentiment. Of course writing your won narrative is much easier than dealing in facts. I don't know if you're intellectually lazy or just willfully dishonest. It's a probably a combo of both.

On 5/8/2017 at 10:10 AM, Marshan Man said:

I watched the Wizards -Celtics game too. It came on later.

So to interrupt further, who do you like tonight?  I am worried about the game 2 Wizards showing up.

I hope to see the Barkley episode. I just hope it doesn't show Monday. There's an important Game 7 that night. :)