ODENTON

Two Md. men face charges after noose found at Md. middle school

109 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, demopublican said:

I called them.  They said it looked like twine

All this ruckus about twine? 

19 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

All this ruckus about twine? 

You and Demopublican seem to be the only two people who don't understand the significance of someone trespassing and going through all the trouble of placing a noose where it can be seen at a middle school and its history as a symbol of racial hatred and intimidation. 

It's no difference than someone saying "So someone broke in an painted a swastika and the N word on their property.  I don't get all the ruckus about a little bit of paint.  After all they were only 19 year old child pranksters."

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

You and Demopublican seem to be the only two people who don't understand the significance of someone trespassing and going through all the trouble of placing a noose where it can be seen at a middle school and its history as a symbol of racial hatred and intimidation. 

It's no difference than someone saying "So someone broke in an painted a swastika and the N word on their property.  I don't get all the ruckus about a little bit of paint.  After all they were only 19 year old child pranksters."

I have the same opinion about the drawings of swastikas - they're usually drawn wrong which indicates they were done by dimwits that just want to antagonize. The fact that these people are so dumb that they don't realize there are cameras everywhere nowadays just proves my point. 

You did see the news last night, right? 22 innocent people died at a concert because of a suicide bombing. There's something to care about, not twine tied in a knot. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo

43 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I have the same opinion about the drawings of swastikas - they're usually drawn wrong which indicates they were done by dimwits that just want to antagonize. The fact that these people are so dumb that they don't realize there are cameras everywhere nowadays just proves my point. 

You did see the news last night, right? 22 innocent people died at a concert because of a suicide bombing. There's something to care about, not twine tied in a knot. 

Yeah, I saw the news.  That has nothing to do with this, nor does it mean that we should ignore acts and symbols of racial intimidation like this.  It's all the more reason to be concerned about things like this and with the young girl who was planning on shooting up her school here and was arrested.

Would you feel the same way if someone trespassed and wrote "PIG" on a cop's house?  I doubt it. 

Stop making excuses for this act of intimidation.

9 hours ago, demopublican said:

I called them.  They said it looked like twine

not that I believe you, but if that makes you feel better.

Prout and Havermann got the attention they were looking for (though it backfired) and Crofton identified some local riff raff. I'm good.

2 minutes ago, ODENTON said:

not that I believe you, but if that makes you feel better.

Prout and Havermann got the attention they were looking for (though it backfired) and Crofton identified some local riff raff. I'm good.

If it really looked like a noose it would be in a giant photo next to the punks faces

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Yeah, I saw the news.  That has nothing to do with this, nor does it mean that we should ignore acts and symbols of racial intimidation like this. It's all the more reason to be concerned about things like this and with the young girl who was planning on shooting up her school here and was arrested.

Would you feel the same way if someone trespassed and wrote "PIG" on a cop's house?  I doubt it. 

Stop making excuses for this act of intimidation.

What does that girl's plan, and arrest, have to do with this story?? What's the connection? Please elaborate.

Someone writing PIG on a cop's house would be a simple case of vandalism. Nothing more, nothing less. 

How do you think I'm making "excuses?" I'm saying that a piece of twine hanging from something shouldn't be taken so god-awful serious. Take it down, look at the video and arrest the fools that did it, and move on. Get over it. 

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

What does that girl's plan, and arrest, have to do with this story?? What's the connection? Please elaborate.

Someone writing PIG on a cop's house would be a simple case of vandalism. Nothing more, nothing less. 

How do you think I'm making "excuses?" I'm saying that a piece of twine hanging from something shouldn't be taken so god-awful serious. Take it down, look at the video and arrest the fools that did it, and move on. Get over it. 

It has a lot more to do with this story than your bringing up a stupid comparison to North Korea and the terrorist attack in England.

You're writing this off as a prank by kids which ignores the age of the ones who did this and the fact that a noose has a long history as a symbol of hatred and intimidation of blacks representing lynching.

If you don't see the significance of their act, you never will. 

4 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

It has a lot more to do with this story than your bringing up a stupid comparison to North Korea and the terrorist attack in England.

You're writing this off as a prank by kids which ignores the age of the ones who did this and the fact that a noose has a long history as a symbol of hatred and intimidation of blacks representing lynching.

If you don't see the significance of their act, you never will. 

You didn't answer my question. What does this noose story have to do with that girl that was going to shoot up her school.  Just tell one connecting point please. 

I can tell you why I brought up NK. You mentioned a life prison sentence. I think that's similar to the kid getting 15 yrs at hard labor for taking a sign off a wall in NK. The length of the sentence is overkill. 

No one except a teacher even saw the so called "noose." 

I see the significance of their act. But you're making it way too significant in this particular case.

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

You didn't answer my question. What does this noose story have to do with that girl that was going to shoot up her school.  Just tell one connecting point please. 

I can tell you why I brought up NK. You mentioned a life prison sentence. I think that's similar to the kid getting 15 yrs at hard labor for taking a sign off a wall in NK. The length of the sentence is overkill. 

No one except a teacher even saw the so called "noose." 

I see the significance of their act. But you're making it way too significant in this particular case.

I did answer your question but you can't see the connection. 

I never mentioned anything about giving them a life sentence. 

The cops don't arrest people for having twine.  You bought Demopublican's story about calling the cops hook, line and sinker.

Why don't YOU call the cops or the school and ask them. You claimed to call up a church over a Black Lives Matter sign. You should already be on the phone over this "prank".

35 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I did answer your question but you can't see the connection. 

I never mentioned anything about giving them a life sentence. 

The cops don't arrest people for having twine.  You bought Demopublican's story about calling the cops hook, line and sinker.

Why don't YOU call the cops or the school and ask them. You claimed to call up a church over a Black Lives Matter sign. You should already be on the phone over this "prank".

No you did not answer my question at all. You just said something about it having more to do with it than NK. 

And, I see it was Yeah that called for a long prison sentence, not you. My mistake, but in my defense, you both remind me of each other. 

I did call the church over that ridiculous BLM sign because it bothered me. (Note: the church did take it down. I'll bet they got more than one phone call.) This, however, doesn't bother me because I don't care what those stupid 19yr olds did. No, police don't arrest people for having twine. But, if you trespass on school property and do something that results in police being called, you'll probably be detained.  

48 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

No you did not answer my question at all. You just said something about it having more to do with it than NK. 

And, I see it was Yeah that called for a long prison sentence, not you. My mistake, but in my defense, you both remind me of each other. 

I did call the church over that ridiculous BLM sign because it bothered me. (Note: the church did take it down. I'll bet they got more than one phone call.) This, however, doesn't bother me because I don't care what those stupid 19yr olds did. No, police don't arrest people for having twine. But, if you trespass on school property and do something that results in police being called, you'll probably be detained.  

In your defense, I read the above and better understand where you're coming from, and it isn't pretty if you're telling the truth.

21 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

In your defense, I read the above and better understand where you're coming from, and it isn't pretty if you're telling the truth.

:rolleyes: Lol at you talking but saying nothing. 

I'm done here

22 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Please try to follow me.  I know it is hard. 

1.  I never said that hanging a noose would not be a significant and evil act of intimidation.

2.  I simply asked if we knew that this was a noose hung with intention.  

3.  You already knew 1&2 but purposely refuse to acknowledge because you dislike me. 

On 5/23/2017 at 9:33 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

:rolleyes: Lol at you talking but saying nothing. 

I'm done here

Right:D

19 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Now she's backpedaling as if she's suddenly behind the hate crime charges for what she previously claimed was just a prank by some kids who went through the trouble of trespassing and climbing up on the roof with some 'twine'. 

Quick change from "All this ruckus over some twine" to "yay!".

As soon as I see a picture I can have an honest opinion

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Now she's backpedaling as if she's suddenly behind the hate crime charges for what she previously claimed was just a prank by some kids who went through the trouble of trespassing and climbing up on the roof with some 'twine'. 

Quick change from "All this ruckus over some twine" to "yay!".

Nope, just relaying the news is all. 

Not my monkeys, not my circus. 

good glad theyre facing hate crime charges. 

People of all races have been hanged for centuries, how has this somehow become a American black symbol?   What silliness.

On 5/28/2017 at 6:34 PM, Boobie said:

People of all races have been hanged for centuries, how has this somehow become a American black symbol?   What silliness.

oh hey, 'welcome' back  :rolleyes:

Charges against the two men who did this will probably be lessened or tossed altogether if Demopublican is telling the truth and the police are providing information and discussing the case and describing the evidence to anyone who calls them up on the phone to talk about it.

If the rope resembled a noose at all they would have posted a picture.  The lack of pictures indicates a poor case and attempts to prejudice the jury pool.