ODENTON

Two Md. men face charges after noose found at Md. middle school

109 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

welcome to trumps america.  this is now a national epidemic and needs to be treated as such.  anyone caught building and hanging a noose needs to face 10 years in federal prison at a minimum, its the only way to get through to these ppl.

Edited by yeah

19 minutes ago, yeah said:

welcome to trumps america.  this is now a national epidemic and needs to be treated as such.  anyone caught building and hanging a noose needs to face 10 years in federal prison at a minimum, its the only way to get through to these ppl.

25 for fake hate crimes.

Find it... remove it... don't report it and it will stop... from both sides.

Bingo!

19 minutes ago, workerbee said:

18 minutes ago, workerbee said:

You're right. But that is too easy and makes too much sense. 

Has ignoring a crime or discrimination and  hoping for the best ever worked?

54 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

Has it ever been tried? How would we know?

I am kinda thinking that ignoring discrimination has been tried for about the last 300 years in North America. Ignoring or not prosecuting crime for an even longer period of time. 

59 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

I am kinda thinking that ignoring discrimination has been tried for about the last 300 years in North America. Ignoring or not prosecuting crime for an even longer period of time. 

I am kinda thinking we've been making restitution for discrimination to the point where we give everything away for free and fatherless teens can wander the streets and rob people at gunpoint. 

Enough is enough. 

Who is the we? Aren't "they" us too? I can't think of a whole lot that is given away for free. How would making up for discrimination lead to fatherless teens and people robbing people at gunpoint? 

Enough is enough? how much has it cost? I thought justice was priceless.

9 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

Who is the we? Aren't "they" us too? I can't think of a whole lot that is given away for free. How would making up for discrimination lead to fatherless teens and people robbing people at gunpoint? 

Suggestion?

10 hours ago, sparky1 said:

I suggest you read Pinky's posting history, it may answer some of your questions.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, workerbee said:

Baloney!

Posted (edited)

Man avoids prison in Crofton noose case, says it was about 'suicide'

Avoiding prison, a 19-year-old Crofton man charged with hanging a noose at Crofton Middle School in May pleaded guilty to one hate crime charge Thursday.

The Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney’s Office worked out a plea agreement that will see Conner Prout serve a probationary sentence with community service overseen by the county NAACP chapter.

Prout’s attorney, Richard Trunnell, said his client was ignorant of what a noose represents, saying he was “not sure (Prout) understood the implication of what he did there the day.”

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ac-cn-noose-trial-plea-1006-story.html

'not sure Prout understood the implication'.............child please he's 19, where's he been under a rock. good job Richard.

Edited by ODENTON

2 hours ago, ODENTON said:

Avoiding prison, a 19-year-old Crofton man charged with hanging a noose at Crofton Middle School in May pleaded guilty to one hate crime charge Thursday.

The Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney’s Office worked out a plea agreement that will see Conner Prout serve a probationary sentence with community service overseen by the county NAACP chapter.

Prout’s attorney, Richard Trunnell, said his client was ignorant of what a noose represents, saying he was “not sure (Prout) understood the implication of what he did there the day.”

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ac-cn-noose-trial-plea-1006-story.html

'not sure Prout understood the implication'.............child please he's 19, where's he been under a rock. good job Richard.

Is he unworthy of defense counsel?  I don't like defense attorneys, but the guy is paid to advocate for this clown.

2 hours ago, ODENTON said:

Think the N.A.A.C.P. is a poor choice to oversee the community service. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Is he unworthy of defense counsel?  I don't like defense attorneys, but the guy is paid to advocate for this clown.

hence the 'good job Richard'

55 minutes ago, TheBaldGuy said:

Think the N.A.A.C.P. is a poor choice to oversee the community service. 

Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney Wes Adams, President of AACo NAACP Rev. Stephen Tillett and Prout’s attorney, Richard Trunnell  thought otherwise.

and I doubt Conner has a problem with it.

Edited by ODENTON

a grave injustice.  'suicide', yeah right :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, ODENTON said:

Since one of the posts mentions that the family of the last person lynched in maryland were upset, and that happened in 1933.

He may have not known exactly how stupid the act was. 

I wonder if this is covered by free speech, the rope or twine?  Not the breaking into the place.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, sparky1 said:

Of course not.  Even the suggestion that we should ignore them is as dumb and lame as the excuse that the perps' act was intended as a message about suicide. 

Doing community service under the watchful eye and supervision of the NAACP is a fitting punishment for someone so ignorant about the symbolism of a noose as a tool of intimidation and lynching. 

Maybe there should be an investigation into the police department to see who described the evidence in an ongoing investigation as "twine" in a phone call from someone with no connection to the investigation.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Of course not.  Even the suggestion that we should ignore them is as dumb and lame as the excuse that the perps' act was intended as a message about suicide. 

Doing community service under the watchful eye and supervision of the NAACP is a fitting punishment for someone so ignorant about the symbolism of a noose as a tool of intimidation and lynching. 

Maybe there should be an investigation into the police department to see who described the evidence in an ongoing investigation as "twine" in a phone call from someone with no connection to the investigation.

I am playing devils advocate here.

Well, see ....this is what happens when history is allowed to be re-written and sanitized. And all the nasty bits are removed so as to not offend or mess up young minds.

When I was in HS 70's.....we learned the good the bad and the ugly (nooses and such). During my last stint as a teacher in the county....I heard over lunch that some history teachers  were getting ready to teach about civil rights and jim crow and such. I asked to see the lesson plans etc. because I was curious.

After reviewing it... I asked about stuff like the Freedom Riders, the college students being killled and so on.

Ahhhh....we can't teach that. :rolleyes::( Might upset the community.:huh:

Those that do not study history are doomed to repeat it. Paraphrase. Warts and all.

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, Manny said:

Exactly but the trespassing and disorderly conduct charges are legitimate. Nothing more.

Disorderly conduct is a BS, catch-all charge ala reckless driving, i.e., both can mean anything the officer says they mean.

Edited by VOSA

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

I am playing devils advocate here.

Well, see ....this is what happens when history is allowed to be re-written and sanitized. And all the nasty bits are removed so as to not offend or mess up young minds.

When I was in HS 70's.....we learned the good the bad and the ugly (nooses and such). During my last stint as a teacher in the county....I heard over lunch that some history teachers  were getting ready to teach about civil rights and jim crow and such. I asked to see the lesson plans etc. because I was curious.

After reviewing it... I asked about stuff like the Freedom Riders, the college students being killled and so on.

Ahhhh....we can't teach that. :rolleyes::( Might upset the community.:huh:

Those that do not study history are doomed to repeat it. Paraphrase. Warts and all.

don't let old Conner fool you......I pretty sure the 'bad and ugly' are still covered in school.