gonzoliberal

OK, Trump voters... any 'buyer's remorse' yet?

Trump voters... any 'buyer's remorse' yet?   9 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No...

• No, I'm still with Trump
    • Yes, let the investigations begin

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

118 posts in this topic

As the debacle known as the TrumpAdministration works itself out, I'm curious to learn just how much bull-hockey you fine folks can take before you throw in the towel.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

Should be a short poll..only like three people here say they voted for him.  Guess that's how he won.

The only people admitting to voting for Trump will be in the bag the for him until he takes a pill in his bunker.

The question should be posed to those who didn't vote for him, but constantly minimize and rationalize his actions.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

The only people admitting to voting for Trump will be in the bag the for him until he takes a pill in his bunker.

The question should be posed to those who didn't vote for him, but constantly minimize and rationalize his actions.

Those we got a lot of...you could say we're running a surplus!

My Dad is still dedicated, but he's lost some steam since the January high.

8 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Papi and MiddleoftheRoad.:lol: 

42 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

My Dad is still dedicated, but he's lost some steam since the January high.

Mine's locked in too.

Being 65 now, I have to say that after Nixon, I've felt better with a Republican Prez rather than the Dems. Of course it all comes down to more with the Knuckleheads in the Senate & Congress. 

No contest.  The cankled one was never an acceptable option.  Gorsuch alone made it all worthwhile.  Listening to the liberals wail in agony and pinning their hopes on 'unnamed sources' and every bit of fake news they can find while watching their fits of hysteria and frothing at the mouth is just the icing on the cake.

24 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

No contest.  The cankled one was never an acceptable option.  Gorsuch alone made it all worthwhile.  Listening to the liberals wail in agony and pinning their hopes on 'unnamed sources' and every bit of fake news they can find while watching their fits of hysteria and frothing at the mouth is just the icing on the cake.

It is interesting to see how low people will go for the sake of power.

8 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

You forgot the Hitler comparison while proving my point.

BAZINGA!

That's the other guy .......

I have asked people who I know voted for Trump the question of whether they would do it again if the election were held today and only one person has said they would not vote for Trump.  And she said that if the choices were the same she would likely just skip voting.  If the election were held today my vote for a third party candidate with no shot at winning would remain unchanged.   I suspect the only people you might find willing to actually switch their vote would be some of the Sanders supporters who voted for Jill Stein. 

37 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

That's the other guy .......

I know, but they're still having a very difficult time admitting that the reason Trump won was because Hillary was his opponent, and that's a big reason some try to rationalize her loss by blaming Russian hacking, Comey, etc.  She was a horrible candidate.  The proof of exactly how horrible she was is that she lost to Trump despite having virtually all of the media on her side.

4 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I have asked people who I know voted for Trump the question of whether they would do it again if the election were held today and only one person has said they would not vote for Trump.  And she said that if the choices were the same she would likely just skip voting.  If the election were held today my vote for a third party candidate with no shot at winning would remain unchanged.   I suspect the only people you might find willing to actually switch their vote would be some of the Sanders supporters who voted for Jill Stein. 

I can see that.  It's a difficult pill for some to swallow, but there it is.

6 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I have asked people who I know voted for Trump the question of whether they would do it again if the election were held today and only one person has said they would not vote for Trump.  And she said that if the choices were the same she would likely just skip voting.  If the election were held today my vote for a third party candidate with no shot at winning would remain unchanged.   I suspect the only people you might find willing to actually switch their vote would be some of the Sanders supporters who voted for Jill Stein.

Yeah, the Stein voters who said Hillary would be worse than Trump are the biggest morons 

3 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Yeah, the Stein voters who said Hillary would be worse than Trump are the biggest morons 

Yeah, I don't know a lot of Stein voters, but the ones I do know actually viewed their vote as a protest to the democrat party more than anything else.  I don't think they thought of Hillary as worse than Trump,  I just don't think they ever believed that Trump would actually win and they really detested their party nominating Hillary. 

Losing in 2016 was tough but I think Dems will be stronger in 2018 and 2020 than they would've been had Hillary won. 

There's tons of enthusiasm at the grassroots level among the Left. Something that was missing during the 2016 campaign for Hillary.

Im also finding that my peers (millennials) are more engaged now politically than I've seen since maybe 2008. 

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

So, even if it is proven he committed treason, the SC nomination was worth the treason?

Hey, I liked the Gorsuch pick as well, but this guy should never have been president. And to those who suggest Gorsuch made it worth it, any Republican that won the presidency could have easily made the same and at least likely would have made a similar choice. 

1 minute ago, Rael said:

So, even if it is proven he committed treason, the SC nomination was worth the treason?

Hey, I liked the Gorsuch pick as well, but this guy should never have been president. And to those who suggest Gorsuch made it worth it, any Republican that won the presidency could have easily made the same and at least likely would have made a similar choice. 

Worth repeating.

Of course, then there's that whole not even voting on Obama's pick thing.

If you look at exit polls and demographics from the election ...the truth is people voted for Trump for the reason the left thought: too much social change, too fast. They are scared of being the minority. Minorities were actually getting a voice....scary! Older, less educated white peeps scared. Those "crazy" gays are getting married, dogs and cats falling from the sky...

But the sad part is, and I mean this quite sincerely, is that working class less educated white folk "in the heartland" consistently vote against their self-interests. They loved Reagan and Reagan single-handedly destroyed the American Union and stable blue-collar jobs in this country (NAFTA actually played a big role here too which is the only thing Trump makes any sense on-but he just says things, no realistic/sensible plan on how to fix them). Then many warmed-up to Obama, who got us out of a terrible recession (almost depression). Then they vote for Trump who lied to them (coal is coming back!) and is just supporting for taxes for the rich. You would think they would learn sooner or later...

Social issues prevent "the heartland" from voting for libs, which is a shame because true libertarians believe if you are white, black, yellow, green or purple-you should be treated the same and fairly under the law (including the law, police, co-workers, etc) and if you want to marry another girl or guy, that is none of your business. You have the right to agree or disagree privately, but you shouldn't take away another's rights EVER.

2 hours ago, Rael said:

The president broke no laws and committed no treason because the president is legally able to declassify information and share it in the situation that has libs frothing at the mouth. 

We processes in place to punish those, including a president, who violates the law.  Let the processes take place if you and others think he should be impeached. 

5 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

The president broke no laws and committed no treason because the president is legally able to declassify information and share it in the situation that has libs frothing at the mouth. 

We processes in place to punish those, including a president, who violates the law.  Let the processes take place if you and others think he should be impeached. 

So, what you are saying is that if there is proof that he obstructed justice you will then re-think your position on Trump, right?

4 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

His old Tweets are so prophetic

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

The president broke no laws and committed no treason because the president is legally able to declassify information and share it in the situation

Do you at least believe it was a mistake to do so?