Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naive

RIP Chris Cornell

13 posts in this topic

Apparent suicide. 

What a shame.  One of my favorite all-time singers, and apparently a really nice guy too.  He will be missed greatly.

Really tough to believe ( or accept ) this is suicide.

Badmotorfinger was one of my first CDs.  RIP.

BadMotorFinger is one of the best rock LPs ever recorded. Genre-defining sh!t right there.

This one hits me hard. His lyrics always hit you in square between the eyes, but to get there, they visited your heart first. Guy's a rare breed.

Rest in peace.

Oh nooooo'z  :(

r.i.p.

I have to say, I'm not normally one who get's overly affected by celebrity deaths, but for some reason this one has gotten to me a bit.  The world feels a bit emptier right now.

58 minutes ago, alienrace said:

I have to say, I'm not normally one who get's overly affected by celebrity deaths, but for some reason this one has gotten to me a bit.  The world feels a bit emptier right now.

He wasn't just a "celebrity." It's the lost talent.

Also, it's the dramatic way he took the evening's concert goers along on his death trip with the choice of songs, having already decided to end his life in just a couple hours. 

36 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Also, it's the dramatic way he took the evening's concert goers along on his death trip with the choice of songs, having already decided to end his life in just a couple hours. 

I think that is more rumor/speculation than anything else.  Those sets and songs are practiced and rehearsed. 

He was taking an antidepressent, and his family believes he took too much and one of the side effects are "suicidal thoughts".  I've never understood how an anti-depressant can have that side effect, seems rather counterproductive.

On 5/20/2017 at 11:57 AM, alienrace said:

A little after my time, but he obviously connected with a generation.  Nice comments below the vid.