Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

This team is in trouble

150 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

You could be right. But you didn't address the loss of Britton for half the year. That's cost the O's a lot of games already.

That's been a real problem. And with another month to go, before he is expected to return, it could be too much strain for the rest of the pen. IF they can keep their head above water, then Britton will be a big boost. He'll essentially be an all star, mid-season addition.   

30 minutes ago, weird-O said:

That's been a real problem. And with another month to go, before he is expected to return, it could be too much strain for the rest of the pen. IF they can keep their head above water, then Britton will be a big boost. He'll essentially be an all star, mid-season addition.   

Too bad they let Britton rush back the first time after 10 days or so against advice from the medical staff.  That was a real boner by the organization.  Could end up killing a very promising season.

8 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Too bad they let Britton rush back the first time after 10 days or so against advice from the medical staff.  That was a real boner by the organization.  Could end up killing a very promising season.

Players rush back all the time sometimes it works out this time it didn't 

2 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Players rush back all the time sometimes it works out this time it didn't 

Yeah, Britton and Buck know more than the medical experts ;)  Silly me. 

5 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah, Britton and Buck know more than the medical experts ;)  Silly me. 

It happens dont beat yourself up about it ?

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

It happens dont beat yourself up about it ?

Don't worry I won't lose any sleep over that idiotic move by Buck that is wrecking the season :lol: .  Dumbest move since not using Britton in the WC game!!

14 hours ago, weird-O said:

And do you think when he returns, after having not pitched for months, that he'll just start up at an all star level?

17 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

And do you think when he returns, after having not pitched for months, that he'll just start up at an all star level?

Not even in a fantasy :D

No, he'll have some rust, just like when he briefly returned earlier this season. At the very least, he's another arm. It's reasonable to expect that he'll be reliable. I fully expect to see him give up hits, and probably runs. But I would be surprised if he started regularly blowing saves.  

1 hour ago, weird-O said:

No, he'll have some rust, just like when he briefly returned earlier this season. At the very least, he's another arm. It's reasonable to expect that he'll be reliable. I fully expect to see him give up hits, and probably runs. But I would be surprised if he started regularly blowing saves.  

Fair enough. But all those "growing pains" that result in losses, even if they're not of the UJ variety, whittle away at the W/L record. I don't think the Orioles have that much room for error.

Posted (edited)

Just 2 games up on Toronto.

Can't believe the fall has been this hard and this fast. But once it got started, it wasn't difficult to see it continuing.

Edited by Pickle20

46 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Can't believe the fall has been this hard and this fast. But once it got started, it wasn't difficult to see it continuing.

You make it sound like they're 20 games back!  :o

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

And Big Dan continues to do NOTHING while the free fall continues.

12 minutes ago, Norman said:

You make it sound like they're 20 games back!  :o

You make it sound like they're not in trouble. :o

They probably will be very soon at this rate. 

4-14 in their last 18.

19 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

You make it sound like they're not in trouble. :o

Yes, clearly their season is over

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

If only they played the AL East.

On 5/27/2017 at 4:14 PM, weird-O said:

Maybe (and it's a huge maybe) Buck will use him in less stressful situations for a few games before making him THE closer again.

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

If only they played the AL East.

Then they could make up some games on those teams in front of them.  Of course here it seems like 3.5 games back on June 1st is an insurmountable hurdle...

2 hours ago, Norman said:

LOL. Hyperbole much? Clearly, the season is in jeopardy.

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Then they could make up some games on those teams in front of them.  Of course here it seems like 3.5 games back on June 1st is an insurmountable hurdle...

Their record against teams in the division so far is 19-11. If they can keep that pace, they should be in great shape.

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

Their record against teams in the division so far is 19-11. If they can keep that pace, they should be in great shape.

LOL @ "so far" and "if they can keep that pace". The best days of the O's 2017 are behind them. They will not "keep that pace". And it's funny when the O's win a few how puffed up you get.

Posted (edited)

Some things need to change drastically for the O's to stay in the hunt. Manny needs to get back on track, so does Davis. Getting Trumbo going again wouldn't hurt. Also need Gausman and Tillman to pitch to their career levels. Getting Britton back and having him be elite would be a huge help.

It's not impossible, but either they do or they don't. The season hinges on them.

Edited by Pickle20

6 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Some things need to change drastically for the O's to stay in the hunt. Manny needs to get back on track, so does Davis. Getting Trumbo going again wouldn't hurt. Also need Gausman and Tillman to pitch to their career levels. Getting Britton back and having him be elite would be a huge help.

It's not impossible, but either they do or they don't. The season hinges on them.

This is dead on. A lot of ifs, but it's possible. Tillman worries me. He seems to be regressing, not getting stronger.  Not being able to pump the fastball when needed at 94-95 has really hurt. It's like he is gallardo now. 

33 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

LOL @ "so far" and "if they can keep that pace". The best days of the O's 2017 are behind them. They will not "keep that pace". And it's funny when the O's win a few how puffed up you get.

It's called being a fan. You should try it sometime. ;)

28 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

This is dead on. A lot of ifs, but it's possible. Tillman worries me. He seems to be regressing, not getting stronger.  Not being able to pump the fastball when needed at 94-95 has really hurt. It's like he is gallardo now. 

Willing to give Tillman another month. This is is still essentially ST for him.