Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

This team is in trouble

142 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

On third mojito at beach bar. So yeah things looking rosy. Did I tell u I'm also excited about Mike wright!

He did look good last night 

possible setup guy in the future?

32 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

He did look good last night 

possible setup guy in the future?

98mph heater. Cut it loose for one inning.

I do have my limits. Not enough rum on this island to get excited about Tyler wilson, lol!!!

Just now, CROUSEMAN said:

I do have my limits. Not enough rum on this island to get excited about Tyler wilson, lol!!!

Wilson throws as fast as my 6yr old

Ok maybe the 4yr old

8 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

You mean that fans are not supposed to be happy when their teams win? Who knew? :lol:

To the contrary. Fans are supposed to be honest when the team is in trouble. I've already gone "on record" as saying that this team will win ball games. I've also gone on record as saying that this team is not balanced/consistent enough to be an authentic competitor. You, OTOH, are on record as saying that you don't care if the team is in trouble, you're going to root for them. Fine. Nobody is saying don't root for the team. You, OTOH, lack the honesty and integrity to openly acknowledge that this team is in trouble, because it doesn't fit with your one-dimensional shill "fan" definition. You're a classic shill/poser. And your posts prove it.

22-10 to start...

...9-21 since.

Gave that great start right back.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

22-10 to start...

...9-21 since.

We've now tied the 1954 Orioles for the longest road losing streak in franchise history at 11 games.

In other news, the Cubs just broke a 10-game road losing streak tonight against the Mets. I had no idea they had been that Oriole-esque on the road of late.

Edited by mdrunning

Posted (edited)

This team is so screwed.

They're "deer in headlights" frozen because everyone who matters is signed through 2018. Very doubtful they nuke the organization before then, especially when they've got built-in excuses like injuries and players not performing to career averages so everyone keeps their job. Maybe Buck steps down. But aside from that, business as usual.

But it's much deeper than that. It goes to the GM, the coaching, the development of players, the owner.

Nothing changes in Baltimore.

Edited by Pickle20

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

This team is so screwed.

They're "deer in headlights" frozen because everyone who matters is signed through 2018. Very doubtful they nuke the organization before then, especially when they've got built-in excuses like injuries and players not performing to career averages so everyone keeps their job. Maybe Buck steps down. But aside from that, business as usual.

But it's much deeper than that. It goes to the GM, the coaching, the development of players, the owner.

It was a good 5 year run, but they've pretty much run out of gas.

The reoccurring theme throughout the years that they've been competitive is they just don't have enough starting pitching.  And they've done very little to address the problem.  They can't develop pitchers and the ones they do sign usually bomb out in an Oriole uniform.  We keep wondering when the Ravens will ever draft a game changing receiver....well, with the Orioles it's pitching.  They just don't have a clue.  None. 

14 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

The reoccurring theme throughout the years that they've been competitive is they just don't have enough starting pitching.  And they've done very little to address the problem.  They can't develop pitchers and the ones they do sign usually bomb out in an Oriole uniform.  We keep wondering when the Ravens will ever draft a game changing receiver....well, with the Orioles it's pitching.  They just don't have a clue.  None. 

The stuff is there. A rotation of Tillman, Bundy, Gausman, and Harvey seemed pretty cool but Tillman has never moved beyond good (I'm convinced he's injured this year), Harvey's been injured, and they completely screwed up Gausman.

59 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

The stuff is there. A rotation of Tillman, Bundy, Gausman, and Harvey seemed pretty cool but Tillman has never moved beyond good (I'm convinced he's injured this year), Harvey's been injured, and they completely screwed up Gausman.

Gausman-Ben McDonald

Posted (edited)

Edited by Pickle20

YAY!!! they won a road game. Problem solved, thee season is saved 

On 6/14/2017 at 8:57 AM, Pickle20 said:

Maybe Buck steps down. But aside from that, business as usual.

?????

That would be the absolute LAST thing that should happen.

Posted (edited)

Worst than trouble..... Its more like the titanic and no life boats.

Edited by UTAH RAVEN

On 6/13/2017 at 8:06 AM, Pickle20 said:

22-10 to start...

...9-21 since.

Almost symmetrical in the turnaround, which I'd imagine is pretty unusual.