Baltimatt

Ambulance stolen in Prince George’s County

28 posts in this topic

Authorities from four law enforcement agencies said they are pursuing an ambulance Friday morning that was stolen from outside Prince George’s Hospital.  The incident happened around 6 a.m. when the ambulance was parked at the bay outside the hospital, according to Assistant Fire Chief Alan Doubleday of the Prince George’s County Fire Department. He said firefighters were inside the hospital after a call and no one was in the vehicle.

It is not clear who stole it. He said there is a GPS tracking device on it and law enforcement was tracking it.  Around 7 a.m., the ambulance was being pursued down the Capital Beltway and onto MD 210 in Charles County, he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2017/05/19/police-pursue-ambulance-stolen-from-maryland-hospital/?utm_term=.1f84fcaa1592

Just heard on WBAL that the chase is over.

Natives?

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Natives?

Yes, nothing wrong with that word.

Natives, Indigenous people or locals could be used

all the same.

i will retract that if the thieves turn out to be lawyers or doctors from somewhere outside PG county like Potomac

Edited by genghiskhanraven

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, genghiskhanraven said:

all the same

SO you have knowledge of the birthplace of the suspect?

They are not all the same, and don't think we can't hear your racist dog whistles.

Edited by Baltimatt

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

SO you have knowledge of the birthplace of the suspect?

I believe the ambulance thieve would fit the profile of a local who chanced upon it while the EMTs were taking a patient into the hospital and had left it running.

yes most likely the thieve is a local PG native

Edited by genghiskhanraven

Grand Theft Amblamps is a good way for young Pee Gee bangers to attain the much-ballyhooed street-cred...

2 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

Grand Theft Amblamps is a good way for young Pee Gee bangers to attain the much-ballyhooed street-cred...

On no! You didn't say "Prince Georges County".  Don't you know its racist not to call the county by its full name?  :lol:

William Person, 43, of Temple Hills, Md., has been charged with auto theft and malicious destruction of property in connection with the incident, according to Prince George’s County police. He also faces several traffic charges in Charles County, police said.

Person’s family could not be reached for comment, and online court records did not yet indicate an attorney for him in the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2017/05/19/police-pursue-ambulance-stolen-from-maryland-hospital/?utm_term=.a67691adbfc6

12 hours ago, genghiskhanraven said:

all the same.

i will retract that if the thieves turn out to be lawyers or doctors from somewhere outside PG county like Potomac

There are no people born and raised in PG that become Doctors ad Lawyers?

12 hours ago, genghiskhanraven said:

I believe the ambulance thieve would fit the profile of a local who chanced upon it while the EMTs were taking a patient into the hospital and had left it running.

The lazy EMT's should not leave the trucks running anyway.  Beyond the risk for theft it is a waste of fuel, bad for the environment, unhealthy for the people nearby,  Idle time is a huge maintenance concern for any fleet but the low speed engine idle hours are particularly bad for the 2008 and newer diesel vehicles equipped EGS, SCR, and DPF emissions control systems.  

2 hours ago, demopublican said:

The lazy EMT's should not leave the trucks running anyway.  Beyond the risk for theft it is a waste of fuel, bad for the environment, unhealthy for the people nearby,  Idle time is a huge maintenance concern for any fleet but the low speed engine idle hours are particularly bad for the 2008 and newer diesel vehicles equipped EGS, SCR, and DPF emissions control systems.  

yes they shouldn't do that and i'm sure wont ever do that again. theirs probably even some kind of small fine you can get for doing that,

but i don't think EMTs leaving an ambo running unattended makes the news without the brother jumping in and driving off with it, leading the police on an hour long chase,

trees for the forest and all

13 minutes ago, genghiskhanraven said:

yes they shouldn't do that and i'm sure wont ever do that again. theirs probably even some kind of small fine you can get for doing that,

but i don't think EMTs leaving an ambo running unattended makes the news without the brother jumping in and driving off with it, leading the police on an hour long chase,

I doubt there will be any fine or punishment.  Although it is illegal.

Now who's brother was this?  The driver's?  Yours? 

6 hours ago, genghiskhanraven said:

This wouldn't be news if a white or Asian guy did it?

9 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

43?? Dude needs a life forreal...

Yeah, he probably doesn't have one or he's not all right upstairs. 

2 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Amen!  White looking dude mows down 20+ killing one in NYC... crickets on Nationals.

On 5/19/2017 at 7:40 AM, genghiskhanraven said:

Damn, what won't the natives steal in PG County?

Like BC.....anything that is not nailed down?

Think of it as supplemental welfare.... it is a lot easier to deal with mentally! :lol:

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Is that what you think? I dunno....my feeling is that if he were white or asian that the news would have been on this like fly's on a turd. Crazed white supremacist attacks hates blacks and whites walking on the same sidewalk.... Asian finally snaps complains that too many white Americans are still using cell phones built in America.....Jojas claims racial inequality after going to Taco bell and feeling like he was treated like a third class citizen.

I used to write titles for the NY Daily news....kidding.

5 hours ago, workerbee said:

Amen!  White looking dude mows down 20+ killing one in NYC... crickets on Nationals.

Bee.... his name is Rojas....I don't have an exact breakdown of his race....but my guess is that he is not white.

I guess I am missing  your point.

Edited by Guido2

20 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Is that what you think? I dunno....my feeling is that if he were white or asian that the news would have been on this like fly's on a turd. Crazed white supremacist attacks hates blacks and whites walking on the same sidewalk.... Asian finally snaps complains that too many white Americans are still using cell phones built in America.....Jojas claims racial inequality after going to Taco bell and feeling like he was treated like a third class citizen.

I used to write titles for the NY Daily news....kidding.

Bee.... his name is Rojas....I don't have an exact breakdown of his race....but my guess is that he is not white.

I guess I am missing  your point.

You need to look at my comment on the context of what genghiskhanraven posted.  It's not what I think.

Posted (edited)

On 5/19/2017 at 8:53 AM, Marshan Man said:

The "thieve"??

Always amusing when some focus on the spelling and correctness of grammar when what is being said is likely portraying the normal suspects in a bad light.

MM you were a Naval destroyer laying down smoke screens during WW2 in you first life ...right?

Yup I am sure that some geeky white guy with a passion for ambulance sirens stole the vehicle. :P

OH BTW when there is an ambulance in my neighborhood I always stand to the side and 'watch' with cell in hand....9-1 with 1 over the keypad.

Since I can't carry a firearm legally and all. ^_^

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, Baltimatt said:

You need to look at my comment on the context of what genghiskhanraven posted.  It's not what I think.

Well obviously I missed something even with re-reading. Please explain.

Guido--

Did you read genghiskhanraven's post to which I responded?  He said it wouldn't be news if the brother hadn't jumped in the ambulance and taken off.