Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

"Hillary Clinton has a right to be a major voice in American politics — but maybe it's time she moved on"

36 posts in this topic

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-mcmanus-clintons-20170510-story.html

Hillary Clinton is back. Six months after her defeat, Clinton has waded into the middle of our postelection battles more quickly and more bluntly than any other losing candidate in modern times.

…she’s writing a book to explain her side of the 2016 presidential campaign. She says she doesn’t expect to run for president again. But she has been careful not to rule it out.

…The new super PAC, if that’s what it is, would put the Clintons in the role of kingmakers, using money to help candidates they favor. And it will look suspiciously like a framework in the making for Hillary’s still-not-ruled-out 2020 campaign.

So about that campaign, in case she’s thinking about it: bad idea.

You know she’s thinking about it.  She can’t shut up or stop blaming everyone except herself for losing at the same time she claims she accepts full responsibility when it’s clear she doesn’t.  She never has.  She CRAVES the spotlight.  That proves that she's a fighter and America needs her now more than ever.

RUN HILLARY RUN!  HILLARY 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Speaking of moving on...

Nailed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hillary is unable to move on.  She'll run again and win the nomination again unless Biden follows through and runs.  He probably will too even at his age. 

I'm going to make an early prediction now and say that the Dem ticket in 2020 will be either Biden/Warren or Biden/O'Malley.  Hillary won't have another white male on her ticket.  Maybe Clinton/Corker if she thinks she has to pick a male.  Corker/O'Malley is another possibility if the oldsters don't fix things again to stop them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FormerlySouthSide said:

Why O'Malley in any of this?  He wouldn't even carry Maryland.

Bait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it will be interesting if her PAC raises much money, we'll see-- since no one gives the the Clinton Foundation anymore, they need a new cash cow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SmarterThanYou said:

Still living in your head.

How ironically funny. Keep it up.

Oh I find the one person who could possibly lose to Trump fascinating. You can't seem to stay off a Hillary thread yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think people would be happy that she lost. But they seem kind of miserable because she lost. A lot of people seem to have issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmorepunk said:

You would think people would be happy that she lost. But they seem kind of miserable because she lost. A lot of people seem to have issues.

Don't you think she should go away and not create a PAC to scam more money out of people .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you mean fake news like the deputy AG threatened to quit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Hillary is unable to move on.  She'll run again and win the nomination again unless Biden follows through and runs.  He probably will too even at his age. 

I'm going to make an early prediction now and say that the Dem ticket in 2020 will be either Biden/Warren or Biden/O'Malley.  Hillary won't have another white male on her ticket.  Maybe Clinton/Corker if she thinks she has to pick a male.  Corker/O'Malley is another possibility if the oldsters don't fix things again to stop them.

It is stupid to speculate about the 2020 field right now, and that includes both Hillary and Biden.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SmarterThanYou said:

And studies have shown, and even the Republican leadership has admitted....it's far easier to criticize and take pot shots from the sidelines, than it is to lead.

Republicans have no business attempting to lead this country. They are unfit and unprepared....as trump has clearly, and repeatedly illustrated.

OMG, you actually used the "studies have shown" line--- you're killing me here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stevez51 said:

Don't you think she should go away and not create a PAC to scam more money out of people .....

I don't care what she is doing. I'm sure Nickleback has been releasing albums in recent years, but I don't care about it. Both are useless and washed out and the focus of people who can't get their heads out of their butts and think about real things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but, I love Hillary, she's my champion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saticon3 said:

but, I love Hillary, she's my champion!

You might finally get your impeachment you wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

It is stupid to speculate about the 2020 field right now, and that includes both Hillary and Biden.

 

It's stupid to pretend that Hillary isn't trying everything she can to stay in the news and keep her name in lights as the self-proclaimed leader of The Resistance and creating a super pac to ensure her place in politics until 2020.

You best believe she's leaving the door open to running.  She's just denying it right now because she wants to build a groundswell of support so she can pretend that the demand for her to run again forced her to change her mind.

Biden has already expressed an interest and publicly stated that he regretted not running. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

It's stupid to pretend that Hillary isn't trying everything she can to stay in the news and keep her name in lights as the self-proclaimed leader of The Resistance and creating a super pac to ensure her place in politics until 2020.

You best believe she's leaving the door open to running.  She's just denying it right now because she wants to build a groundswell of support so she can pretend that the demand for her to run again forced her to change her mind.

Biden has already expressed an interest and publicly stated that he regretted not running. 

 

It's stupid to speculate on who will be running for president in 2020 right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She could very well be leaving her options open. I really don't think she would win the nomination though. The same reasons not to vote for her still exist. Only now you can add that she lost to Trump. If she does run, I think the other candidates will be merciless, seeing how Sanders might've won if he had gone at her hard from the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Hillary is unable to move on.  She'll run again and win the nomination again unless Biden follows through and runs.  He probably will too even at his age. 

I'm going to make an early prediction now and say that the Dem ticket in 2020 will be either Biden/Warren or Biden/O'Malley.  Hillary won't have another white male on her ticket.  Maybe Clinton/Corker if she thinks she has to pick a male.  Corker/O'Malley is another possibility if the oldsters don't fix things again to stop them.

I don't think she'll run again. But she does have an upcoming book to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

She could very well be leaving her options open. I really don't think she would win the nomination though. The same reasons not to vote for her still exist. Only now you can add that she lost to Trump. If she does run, I think the other candidates will be merciless, seeing how Sanders might've won if he had gone at her hard from the start.

Sanders never had a chance.  Only the far left and those who are socialist-leaning because they haven't ever achieved much on their own or are too young to have had to pay taxes and bills to pay for stuff that Sanders wanted others to have for free believe that for the most part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

you mean fake news like the deputy AG threatened to quit? 

"Rosenstein threatened to resign after the narrative emerging from the White House on Tuesday evening cast him as a prime mover of the decision to fire Comey ."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-trumps-anger-and-impatience-prompted-him-to-fire-the-fbi-director/2017/05/10/d9642334-359c-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.46b16d67232d

Trump changed his story and said it was his own idea, ending the narrative that cast Rosenstein  "as a prime mover of the decision to fire Comey", and Rosenstein said he didn't threaten to quit.

He did say he couldn’t work under these conditions, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Fake News? Maybe. Maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Sanders never had a chance.  Only the far left and those who are socialist-leaning because they haven't ever achieved much on their own or are too young to have had to pay taxes and bills to pay for stuff that Sanders wanted others to have for free believe that for the most part. 

I'm not sure Sanders would be much more competent than Trump, although certainly he would have been less corrupt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

It's stupid to speculate on who will be running for president in 2020 right now.

But fun,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hst2 said:

I'm not sure Sanders would be much more competent than Trump, although certainly he would have been less corrupt.

I'm not sure about that.  Socialist Sanders admires the old USSR so much he even honeymooned there and his wife is still under FBI investigation for loan fraud stemming from the college she ran into the ground.  That college wasn't one of those "How to invest and get rich" seminars either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0